Gear Talk > Lenses

24-70mm f/2,8 I or 24-70mm f/2,8 II with 5D III??

(1/4) > >>

Bridge:
I ´d like to have some opinions. I currently own a 24-70mm f/2,8 I and use it with a 5D I (classic). I (pre-)ordered a 5D III. My dealer told me, that my old 24-70 isn´t good enough for the 22 MP sensor of the 5D III and tried to explain why the 24-70 II would be better. I didn´t understand his explanation. Does anybody here know, what he could have had in mind?

00Q:
Yes he wanted you to spend money at his shop. LOL

You are not going to get an increase in resolution with the new MKIII sensor. Only the DR performance has increased by 2 stops. This doesnt mean that your MKI wont work well.

aeturnum:
Your dealer is incorrect. The 24-70 did just fine on the 5D2 and it'll be fine on the 5D3. The 24-70Mk2 should have better IQ, but it has a price to match. You should have no problems with the new camera and the "old" lens.

Positron:
Judging by the hordes of photographers happily using their 5D Mark II with the 24-70 f/2.8 I at this very moment, and pumping out fantastic images, and the marginal resolution increase on the 5D Mark III, I think your dealer is full of it.

That's not to say the 24-70 II is not a better lens; I'm sure it will be. But the 24-70 I will do just fine on the 5D Mark III.

vuilang:
If my dealer told me that, I would be laughing really hard and look at them in a digusting way.... and then probably cancel my preorder from them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version