July 29, 2014, 04:47:00 AM

Author Topic: Social experimant: I do not have enough smites soooo...  (Read 11229 times)

briansquibb

Re: Social experimant: I do not have enough smites soooo...
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 03:19:51 AM »
Someone smites me all the time regardless of whether I comment or not

lol. I swear that someone logs on everyday just to smite you.

If you want to avoid smites, do not say anything other than "the 7D is the greatest camera ever made and nothing can surpass it". I gotta go. I think the 7D Gestapo are on to me......

Ironically I have just part exchanged a 7D for my 5DII so I should put it on my bottom line with equipment and start moaning about the lack of decent ef-s lens and why cant the 7D AF at f8 :D

Problem is I cant work out how to change the bottom line .... so I am going to be smited forever :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:22:01 AM by briansquibb »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 03:19:51 AM »

briansquibb

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 03:38:14 AM »

Sorry Brian, every time my 5D2 hunts for focus I remember that you said yours works great so I should just learn to use my gear better and have to log on and smite you some more.  (I'm kidding, I only every gave you applauds for that photo of you with the two big flashes mounted behind your head).   Honest, I'm joking don't smite me.

5DII is gone now - got a 7D in part exchange. So unless the thought police are around when I am using it I should be OK :P

Just bought 2 7foot umbrellas and am trying to work out how to hang them on my gimbal.....Think of MT24 for larger wildlife.....

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 10:35:03 AM »
Uh oh now I picked up two smites for making jokes in a thread specifically about making light of all the smiting.  Go figure!  LOL

briansquibb

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2012, 10:49:20 AM »
Uh oh now I picked up two smites for making jokes in a thread specifically about making light of all the smiting.  Go figure!  LOL

I gave u an aplaud for not smiting me :D

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2012, 11:15:09 AM »

I gave u an aplaud for not smiting me :D
I see your applaud and raise you each one :D

rocketdesigner

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2012, 11:59:41 AM »
The applaud / smite system is perfect for adolescents, but silly for any type of opinion respectable forum.

I say: If you don't like what a person posted, reply in kind with your opinion.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 12:04:15 PM »

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2012, 12:23:39 PM »
LOL karma :)
Also having both: 7d and 5d2 doesn't provide an antismite protection. There are two gangs: pro7d and proFF. Having both excludes a member out of every gang. So being like neutral Switzerland doesn't help here. "You're with us or against us".
The others are LGang and EFSGang not quite similar to pro7d and proFF but tolerating each other. Same situation.
It's difficult to find unity here.
Maybe we should choose a camp and write under specific flag and allow to be smitten only by memebrs of the enemy? :)

+1 for video BTW... (what camp's member are you? ahhh 5d3, so FF!  :o )
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:25:47 PM by marekjoz »
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

TexPhoto

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 12:35:43 PM »
It would be far more interesting to see the applaud/smite ratio a person has given.

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2012, 12:43:24 PM »
It would be far more interesting to see the applaud/smite ratio a person has given.

Totally agree
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »

If you want to avoid smites, do not say anything other than "the 7D is the greatest camera ever made and nothing can surpass it". I gotta go. I think the 7D Gestapo are on to me......

I haven't given you negative smites, but, you seem to have made some enemies with posts like

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php/topic,3863.msg81352.html#msg81352

"Are you on drugs or what?! 7D is one of Canon's best selling and most popular cameras. 5000 Pro's were surveyed so that Canon could come up with the specs for the 7D"

Accusing someone of being on drugs probably might have brought a ban, but the moderator likely missed it.  This is exactly the type of thing that brings on smites.

D_Rochat

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2012, 06:46:09 PM »

I haven't given you negative smites, but, you seem to have made some enemies with posts like

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php/topic,3863.msg81352.html#msg81352

"Are you on drugs or what?! 7D is one of Canon's best selling and most popular cameras. 5000 Pro's were surveyed so that Canon could come up with the specs for the 7D"

Accusing someone of being on drugs probably might have brought a ban, but the moderator likely missed it.  This is exactly the type of thing that brings on smites.

I agree with you, only that's not a quote from me. That was from MikeHunt. Go figure that comment came from someone with a name like that. Look at the quote box again and you'll see.

AJ

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2012, 07:45:25 PM »

Totally agree

But I suspect most smites come from lurkers and shill accounts.  You folks seem to nice to stoop down to that level.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:26:49 PM by AJ »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2012, 07:45:25 PM »

DavidRiesenberg

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • David Riesenberg
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2012, 07:59:29 PM »
Actually, his community right here is one of the reasons not to switch to Nikon.  :)
Even with the karma system and elevated nerves in the past couple of weeks, this community is much more mature, knowledgable and positive than the cesspool that the nikonrummors comments are. Yes, there are a lot of good comments there but wading through all the garbage in hope to find them is intolerable.

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2012, 10:41:41 PM »
Actually, his community right here is one of the reasons not to switch to Nikon.  :)
Even with the karma system and elevated nerves in the past couple of weeks, this community is much more mature, knowledgable and positive than the cesspool that the nikonrummors comments are. Yes, there are a lot of good comments there but wading through all the garbage in hope to find them is intolerable.

+1 the canonrumors gang is great... very helpful, generally respectful, knowledgeable, funny, a nice mix of tech knowledge and photography experience.... love you guys!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2012, 10:41:41 PM »