July 22, 2018, 07:06:05 AM

Author Topic: Social experimant: I do not have enough smites soooo...  (Read 31158 times)

briansquibb

Re: Social experimant: I do not have enough smites soooo...
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2012, 03:28:26 AM »

oh yeah the aussie team is really hitting their straps and coming together nicely there is some seriously good talent in the aussie side now and that last test series was wonderfull to watch especially since the ashes debacle as brian so kindly pointed out :P

It is only the winning you remember, I had 30 years of failure to forget :D

yeah but one of your supermodels took our best spinner and turned him into a handbag!
OK you win! :P

She was just an average English girl. We are going to send 15 stunners over just before the next ashes match to emasculate the Aus team :)  We will need every bit of help we can for our own handbags. Perhaps we can import some more players from South Africa :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2012, 03:28:26 AM »

KeithR

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2012, 04:06:11 AM »
Oh boy, not the 7D Gestapo! Unless you wanted to get smited into oblivion, don't you dare even hinting that there might be some advantages in IQ of a full-frame sensor over a crop.

Here's a hint: the problem's not with the opinion (they're like arseholes - everybody's got one), it's the pompous, condescending, "I-know-better-than-you", elitist, arrogant way it's usually presented.

Smite away...

briansquibb

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2012, 04:56:25 AM »
Oh boy, not the 7D Gestapo! Unless you wanted to get smited into oblivion, don't you dare even hinting that there might be some advantages in IQ of a full-frame sensor over a crop.

Here's a hint: the problem's not with the opinion (they're like arseholes - everybody's got one), it's the pompous, condescending, "I-know-better-than-you", elitist, arrogant way it's usually presented.

Smite away...

In the context this was, to me, just a jest. We have been poking fun at each other through this thread as we clearly dont take the applaud/smite too seriosly

Sorry if you didn't realise that

pravkp

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2012, 05:45:19 AM »

oh yeah the aussie team is really hitting their straps and coming together nicely there is some seriously good talent in the aussie side now and that last test series was wonderfull to watch especially since the ashes debacle as brian so kindly pointed out :P

yeah but one of your supermodels took our best spinner and turned him into a handbag!

She was just an average English girl. We are going to send 15 stunners over just before the next ashes match to emasculate the Aus team :)  We will need every bit of help we can for our own handbags. Perhaps we can import some more players from South Africa :D

haha +1

Can you drop 1 more en route to Aus? :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:23:55 AM by pravkp »

well_dunno

• EOS 6D Mark II
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2012, 08:44:04 AM »
Wonder if it is possible to add how many applauds and smites a member has given under their karma? Exposure might decrease the will to smite and we get to see the big time smiters ;D

DBCdp

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2012, 10:44:39 AM »

HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY ANYONE WOULD WNAT A 5D OVER A 7D. OF ANY KIND.

It's really simple Ardea, the full frames take better pictures. Clearer, sharper, better color rendition. Which is why I just sold my 7D and replaced it with an old used 1Ds MkII.

8 frames per second of soft images is simply 250MB of wasted space on a card. 4 frames per second of perfectly clear awesome images? Priceless! :)

Been through 20D, 30D, 40D, loved the 5D and now shooting with 5D MkII and 1Ds MkII.

D_Rochat

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2012, 12:40:38 PM »
HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY ANYONE WOULD WNAT A 5D OVER A 7D. OF ANY KIND.

Please fight the urge to type in all caps.  :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2012, 12:40:38 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• CR GEEK
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2012, 01:54:57 PM »
Wonder if it is possible to add how many applauds and smites a member has given under their karma? Exposure might decrease the will to smite and we get to see the big time smiters ;D

Its not possible.

Here is the entire instruction manual, all one paragraph of it.

Karma mode - This option is to select how the karma feature will be used in the forum:
Disable Karma - disables the use of this feature
Enable Karma Total - makes SMF show only the total of points received
Enable Karma Positive/Negative - shows the positive points as well as the negative points for the user
Set the minimum posts needed to modify karma: admins can set a minimum posts that a user must have before raising or lowering someone's karma
Set wait time in hours: this is the time that an admin specifies, before a user can modify karma again
Restrict administrators to wait time: this specifies whether or not the forum administrators are restricted by the time limit
Karma label - here administrators can define the label that will be shown for the karma field in profile and posts (default karma:)
Karma applaud label - the text that will appear in the link for increase the karma of a user (default [applaud])
Karma smite label - the text that will appear in the link for decrease the karma of a user (default [smite])

well_dunno

• EOS 6D Mark II
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2012, 04:02:26 PM »
Thank you for the info! It seems I also got a smiter, keep getting a smite each day lately, even without posting anything  :o

D_Rochat

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »

Smite away...

Brian was right. I started with the 7D Gestapo thing as a light hearted joke. I'm a little sarcastic by nature and it's not easy to detect tone over the net. We (myself included) all have to learn not to take the internet too seriously.

Marsu42

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • Canon Pride.
    • Der Tierfotograf
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2012, 04:48:27 PM »
I started with the 7D Gestapo thing as a light hearted joke. I'm a little sarcastic by nature and it's not easy to detect tone over the net.

Please don't restrain yourself - knowing of the 7d gestapo and the ff kgb has made this forum more lovable to me, but maybe that's because of my bad Karma :-p

D_Rochat

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2012, 05:08:02 PM »
 ;D very true.

V8Beast

• EOS 5DS R
    • Stephen Kim Automotive Photography
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2012, 06:01:06 PM »

Smite away...

Brian was right. I started with the 7D Gestapo thing as a light hearted joke. I'm a little sarcastic by nature and it's not easy to detect tone over the net. We (myself included) all have to learn not to take the internet too seriously.

I ran into a Medium Format MI-6 agent at the pub the other day. He was surprisingly polite and well-mannered.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2012, 06:01:06 PM »

V8Beast

• EOS 5DS R
    • Stephen Kim Automotive Photography
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2012, 06:03:23 PM »

While you two ladies go at it, I have another social observation that's troubled me for quite some time. Why is it that the Brits and Aussies, or Brits and South Africans for that matter, seem to have a closer kinship that with we Americans? Aren't we all products of Mother England :)?

D_Rochat

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2012, 06:04:14 PM »

Smite away...

I ran into a Medium Format MI-6 agent at the pub the other day. He was surprisingly polite and well-mannered.

I had a good laugh at that one. Well done.  ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2012, 06:04:14 PM »