December 19, 2014, 11:02:26 AM

Author Topic: 5D Mark 3 Queue @ B&H  (Read 74048 times)

He

Re: 5D Mark 3 Queue @ B&H
« Reply #360 on: April 04, 2012, 08:11:53 PM »
Ordered on 3/3, 21:00, order #10197659XX
Spoke to B&H CR today and was told not to expect it before Passover.
Then... got notification for shipment just an hour ago :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #360 on: April 04, 2012, 08:11:53 PM »

Inwardlens

« Reply #361 on: April 05, 2012, 11:16:06 AM »
I ordered today, but chose to go with Wolf Camera (part of the Ritz company) because the will charge my credit card only once they ship the camera. . . unlike B&H who charges you and you get to pay payments on a camera you did not take delivery on yet.

Any one else order from Wolf or Ritz?

nies82

« Reply #362 on: April 05, 2012, 02:12:18 PM »
actually, this queue for those who ordered a camera on B&H. That's why i'm not very sure whether it makes too much sense to ask about another place here

i may say, that on B&H it is also written that they will charge on the actual day of shipment, but they charged me much earlier

Inwardlens

« Reply #363 on: April 05, 2012, 02:20:59 PM »
I called B&H and they confirmed that they charge the day you place the order. Wanted to see how everyone else felt about that policy.

opiuman

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 05, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »
I called B&H and they confirmed that they charge the day you place the order. Wanted to see how everyone else felt about that policy.

My experience is actually contrary to that right now, I did get a temp auth for the camera 2 days ago but it has since been removed.

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 05, 2012, 03:17:12 PM »

As much as i love bh i hate this policy.  For international order they explain to me they charge full amount now because of exchange rate risk for the customer (i guess some customer have complained in the past).  I told them they should let me make that decision as for my case, i cancelled my 1dx order from them and place it somewhere else because i could not justify paying in full for something i will only get in 2-3 months!

Am sure they mean well but they should let decide if we prefer paying in full to secure exchange rate or not.
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

RunAndGun

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 05, 2012, 07:53:25 PM »
I believe them immediately charging your CC is only if you are out of the country.  I pre-ordered mine on 3/2 and my card was NOT charged then.  There could have been a temporary authorization put on it at some point, but I never saw it or was aware of it if they did.  I eventually ordered the kit on 3/22 because I didn't make the first shipment for the 'body only' and because the kit was in-stock and ready to ship, I was charged immediately.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #366 on: April 05, 2012, 07:53:25 PM »

shredtilldeath

« Reply #367 on: April 06, 2012, 01:19:44 PM »
ordered my body on april 4th,couple days before a sales rep told me 4-5 week wait,but then heard from a chat rep that it could be more than 2 months

DLitterio

« Reply #368 on: April 06, 2012, 02:58:25 PM »
On April 5th, I talked to Steve from the verification dept about a card issue that we got resolved and my order processed while on the phone with Steve. He assured me that my order would be shipped that day. I also live chatted with sales rep Ethan and he said the same thing and that I should expect it to be delivered on Monday, April 9th.....order status today April 6th says, "in stock, order sent to warehouse". I also never received a confirmation email saying it was shipped.....I think someone dropped the ball. I have a feeling that I won't be getting my camera until after their Passover holiday.

>:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:05:21 PM by DLitterio »

nies82

« Reply #369 on: April 07, 2012, 12:11:09 AM »
Can someone explain me this:
Passover Closing

We are not accepting orders at this time. Online ordering will resume at 9:00PM EDT on Wednesday, April 20th.
Our SuperStore and offices are currently closed and will reopen on Wednesday, April 27th at 9:00AM EDT.
All online orders placed during the Holiday will ship when we reopen.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patronage.

Before the reopen was 15Apr , No it's... when?

it's kind of strange. so if the camera wasn't shipped before the passover, the next opportunity will be at the end of April, I think. But is this the XXI century? I'm confused  :o

duckgrad

« Reply #370 on: April 07, 2012, 01:58:55 AM »
Can someone explain me this:
Passover Closing

We are not accepting orders at this time. Online ordering will resume at 9:00PM EDT on Wednesday, April 20th.
Our SuperStore and offices are currently closed and will reopen on Wednesday, April 27th at 9:00AM EDT.
All online orders placed during the Holiday will ship when we reopen.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patronage.

Before the reopen was 15Apr , No it's... when?

it's kind of strange. so if the camera wasn't shipped before the passover, the next opportunity will be at the end of April, I think. But is this the XXI century? I'm confused  :o

B&H must have posted last year's Passover Closing Dates. Last year Passover was on Tuesday 4/19 and lasts for 7 days..... This year it's on 4/6. I remember that they'll reopen around the 15th of April this year.

smithy

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 07, 2012, 11:31:35 AM »
Do all Americans call the Easter holiday the 'Passover' holiday?  Or just Jewish people?  No malice, just curious.
5D Mark III, 40D, 1V.  Bunch of strobes, lenses and other bits.
They're, their, there, it's, its, too, to, than, then, you're, your.  One lens, two lenses, the lens's aperture.

Inwardlens

« Reply #372 on: April 08, 2012, 10:48:10 AM »
Do all Americans call the Easter holiday the 'Passover' holiday?  Or just Jewish people?  No malice, just curious.

Just Jewish Americans. . . unless you are doing business with people who observe the holiday. When it comes to B&H, keeping a calendar with the Jewish holidays nearby is handy because the owners are Hasidic Jews and very observant. During the holidays you can browse the B&H website but can not check out (or put anything in your shopping cart, I believe).

B&H is an interesting store. Even though they are closed for so many holidays they are still the dominant supply house in the North Eastern US. They pretty much set the price for gear and supplies, smaller shops often boast that they will "match B&H pricing."

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #372 on: April 08, 2012, 10:48:10 AM »

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 09, 2012, 03:09:35 AM »
They've certainly got an interesting business model.
Sure, if you want to observe your religious holidays, go right ahead and say "we're on holiday, we're not going to pack or ship anything until we're back at work". But they actually turn off automated online ordering for the holidays too, which wouldn't need any input from them (unless their computer servers are religious too?).
Or maybe it's just to avoid a big backlog when they do get back to work the next morning and having to process all the orders that came in while they were on holiday.
But hey, whatever they're doing, it works, so I won't complain (especially if they decided to set up a branch in australia with local shipping rates. Please?)
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

RunAndGun

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 09, 2012, 12:13:40 PM »
Also keep in mind that "B&H" is not their only(or biggest business).  Think bling bling...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #374 on: April 09, 2012, 12:13:40 PM »