July 29, 2014, 07:04:06 AM

Author Topic: 5D Mk. III Best Buy Pre-Order  (Read 3466 times)

libertyranger

5D Mk. III Best Buy Pre-Order
« on: March 10, 2012, 09:34:58 PM »
Anyone pre-order their new 5D's through Best Buy? 

They have excellent financing and it's something I'm considering.  I haven't pre-ordered yet so I know I probably missed the initial shipment.  I usually buy big ticket items from them and have had a good experience the past few years.

Also, any chances Best Buy will have some at the store on March 22?

canon rumors FORUM

5D Mk. III Best Buy Pre-Order
« on: March 10, 2012, 09:34:58 PM »

Mike Miami

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: 5D Mk. III Best Buy Pre-Order
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:20:22 PM »
Anyone pre-order their new 5D's through Best Buy? 

They have excellent financing and it's something I'm considering.  I haven't pre-ordered yet so I know I probably missed the initial shipment.  I usually buy big ticket items from them and have had a good experience

I went to BestBuy.com and considered a pre-order with them but quickly changed my mind when they were going to charge me $100.00 for shipping/ BTW I live in Miami not Africa, so why $100?????

hippoeater

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:33:42 PM »
It's actually listed as free shipping atm! If you order in store it's always free shipping too! The only stores that will have in stock release day will be stores that stock their higher end cameras - not all stores carry the higher end products. I would call and find out which bby's in your area stock the 5DmkII - that would be a good indicator of which stores will potentially carry the mark III.

Excellent financing, reward zone points, their ADH warranties are awesome.

I'd totally recommend it.

I preordered mine from bby.com release day!
RX-1

editreject

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 11:48:16 PM »
I pre-ordered from Best Buy as well the day of the announcement.  I figured the photo specialty places like B&H and Adorama would be swamped with pre-orders.  Plus I am a Premier Silver member and the cost of the camera alone satisfies my status for another year.

As far as the $100 S&H, I saw that too on the site but when you add it to your cart, the S&H was free.  Being that they are the largest big box electronics store, I would also expect them to have decent in store stock as well.  I know when the Nikon D7000 was released in 2010 and there were all types of pre-order delays, a friend was able to pick one up off of the shelves the day they were released.
Nikon D610, Fuji X-T1, Fuji X100s

libertyranger

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 10:19:49 AM »
It's actually listed as free shipping atm! If you order in store it's always free shipping too! The only stores that will have in stock release day will be stores that stock their higher end cameras - not all stores carry the higher end products. I would call and find out which bby's in your area stock the 5DmkII - that would be a good indicator of which stores will potentially carry the mark III.

Excellent financing, reward zone points, their ADH warranties are awesome.

I'd totally recommend it.

I preordered mine from bby.com release day!

These are my thoughts exactly.  My local Best Buy carries the Mk. II body so there's a chance they could have the Mk. III on release.   I also have their financing.  In fact, my wife and I are also considering getting a TV and I could probably get away with 36 month no interest financing between the two.  Keeps the payments low and you always have the benefit of paying it off early.

I pre-ordered from Best Buy as well the day of the announcement.  I figured the photo specialty places like B&H and Adorama would be swamped with pre-orders.  Plus I am a Premier Silver member and the cost of the camera alone satisfies my status for another year.

As far as the $100 S&H, I saw that too on the site but when you add it to your cart, the S&H was free.  Being that they are the largest big box electronics store, I would also expect them to have decent in store stock as well.  I know when the Nikon D7000 was released in 2010 and there were all types of pre-order delays, a friend was able to pick one up off of the shelves the day they were released.

I'm also a Premier Silver member through 2013.  Wonder if this will put me through 2014...  ::)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 04:14:58 PM »
Our local best buy stores do not seem to get pro level dslr's for weeks after they are released.  A person can search for stores by state to see which store has them in stock.  Usually, the stores wait until all the previous model bodies are sold, at least around here in Spokane, Wa.

If they have them in store, I've been able to use their 10% off coupon in the past, but if Canon is now banning discounts, that won't happen any more.  We do have a real camera store (Huppins) that also sells online (onecall.com), so we can get most things locally.

idratherplaytennis

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 06:04:19 PM »
Not sure, haven't called Best Buy to check, but I pre-ordered about 5 days ago and was immediately put on back order status as seems normal with the rest.

Today, I got a notification saying it's still on back order. Still value all of the points I'll be attaining through the Best Buy purchase, plus since I bought it on their website, I should be getting 5% cash back through Discover so I am too vested to swap, but was curious if anyone thought it was worth attempting to find one of the 5d3's in stock and swapping to a pick up order. I purchased the kit, however, and not the body alone.

Anyone think it's worth a shot? I noticed some posters were posting around 5pm and it's only 3pm here in Southern Cali, so I'm not sure if that means I should wait until a little later today before calling. I got into photography about 5 or 6 years ago, got a 20D which I've been using since and lusting after the Mark II and finally saved up and chose to bite the bullet thanks to this release :) So eager to start shooting.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 06:04:19 PM »

NickCat

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 12:10:52 PM »
I have a 3/2 pre-order for the body with Amazon (who doesn't? ;))

I JUST went to Best Buy's website this morning and they are listing the body as "add to cart" not pre-order. 

So I placed the order for in store pickup.  I'll post back if the order goes back-order or something weird.  They are saying I'll be able to pick it up on 4/2.  Good news is it's from a local store in NH, so no sales tax. 

*fingers crossed*

Pep12

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 09:40:55 PM »
I ordered the Canon 5D mk III body today (noon eastern time) from Best Buy. Got an e-mail that the order was shipped, UPS shows package in transit, scheduled for delivery on the 29th.

I did cancel my order from B&H, since I was told it was unlikely my order was going to be fulfilled before April 5th. 

Regarding the state sale and use tax, I live in NY and I was planning paying it anyway, even if the site does not collect it -  NY tax authorities are now auditing people for online purchases. A friend of mine was audited about online purchases and unpaid sale and use tax from 3 years ago, has to pay penalty and interest. So, think twice about not paying the state sale and use tax.

ew20

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 10:17:04 PM »
I went into a best buy out here in SoCal on Saturday and talked to a customer service guy.  He checked out the computer and let me know that there was only one store in the area that actually had one coming, so I would guess it won't be a floor item for most of their stores.  It doesn't suit their main clientele out here apparently.  He told me that direct shipping would be quicker than waiting for in-store pickup, and it shipped on Monday.

The financing is great, and they seem to have plenty to ship out.

dswatson83

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 08:53:27 AM »
the site is down at the moment...bummer. I was wanting to order

Pep12

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 09:08:27 AM »
you can still call best buy over  the phone  :)

dswatson83

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »
you can still call best buy over  the phone  :)
hahaha. Thanks for the laugh

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »