Gear Talk > Lenses

Canon 16-35L II vs Tokina 16-35 vs Sigma 17-50 2.8 lenses

(1/3) > >>

Gary W.:
Hey all,

I am trying to put together a "wish list" of lenses, and am considering these 3 for the wider end of the spectrum on, currently, a 7D, and possibly a ff somewhere down the road. Anyone that has experience with these compared to each other would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Gary W.

Mt Spokane Photography:
Get a EF-S lens, and don't spend money on a lens that will not help you on a crop body and may be outdated by the time you upgrade to FF.  A Canon 17-55mm would be preferable to the 16-35mmL on a crop body, and the IS does make a difference.  By the time you get a FF body, you may have additional choices.

neuroanatomist:

--- Quote from: Mt Spokane Photography on March 11, 2012, 11:22:10 PM ---Get a EF-S lens, and don't spend money on a lens that will not help you on a crop body and may be outdated by the time you upgrade to FF.  A Canon 17-55mm would be preferable to the 16-35mmL on a crop body, and the IS does make a difference.  By the time you get a FF body, you may have additional choices.

--- End quote ---

+1.  IMO, the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 is the best general purpose zoom for APS-C.

Gary W.:
Hey all,

Thanks for the replies! I really am leaning away from the 17-55 because it is an EF-S lens. I don't care for/like the prospect of getting a lens I would not be able to use on a ff camera when I get one, be it later this year, or 4 or 5 years from now. A good lens now will still be a good lens in the future if it is taken care of.

Gary W.

nqkhaidl:
if you are going to full frame in future, then 16-35L II is excellent lens to invest

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version