April 17, 2014, 08:40:32 PM

Author Topic: When do you think Canon will release a higher MP camera?  (Read 1875 times)

scottsdaleriots

When do you think Canon will release a higher MP camera?
« on: March 12, 2012, 05:10:28 AM »
To compete with Nikon's line up. Admit it, we were all expecting the 1dx and 5dmkiii to be at least 25MP, etc. Some people are fine with the 18MP from 1dx or the 22MP from 5dmkiii, I know but what about the rest of us who would like it?

And will it be in a crop or FF camera? E.g the 5dmkIV (wishful thinking and part fantasy)? (dont smite me, just an opinion/idea)

canon rumors FORUM

When do you think Canon will release a higher MP camera?
« on: March 12, 2012, 05:10:28 AM »

wickidwombat

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: When do you think Canon will release a higher MP camera?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 05:37:00 AM »
To compete with Nikon's line up. Admit it, we were all expecting the 1dx and 5dmkiii to be at least 25MP, etc. Some people are fine with the 18MP from 1dx or the 22MP from 5dmkiii, I know but what about the rest of us who would like it?

And will it be in a crop or FF camera? E.g the 5dmkIV (wishful thinking and part fantasy)? (dont smite me, just an opinion/idea)
end of the year

maybe photokina
oh and it will be $4700 :P
APS-H Fanboy

Ricku

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 05:41:33 AM »
But the question is: Will this even matter, if Canon's high MP camera can't at least match the DR of Nikons D800?

Due to the already growing disappointment of lackluster DR in the 5D3, I think that the DR-question weighs heavier than more megapixels.

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 07:00:38 AM »

end of the year

maybe photokina
oh and it will be $4700 :P

Agree but I think it will be announced sooner.
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

XanuFoto

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 11:11:38 AM »

What do you use now.

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 11:14:08 AM »
Canon will release one when they get it right and when they feel it is most pertinent to release it... They have a better overall grasp on the market and the demands from their research and so It could be after the 5d3 release, could be in 3 months, 6 months, a year, or never... I wouldn't hold your breath.
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 11:14:08 AM »

PhilDrinkwater

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 12:27:45 PM »
Seriously ... the difference between 22MP and 25MP will be completely negligible. If Canon are going to release a higher MP camera, they have to go over 30 at least.

And when will they do it? Who knows. Probably next year would be my guess - they have a lot of releases this year with the cinema stuff, 1dx and 5d3.

scottsdaleriots

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 05:07:52 AM »
Seriously ... the difference between 22MP and 25MP will be completely negligible. If Canon are going to release a higher MP camera, they have to go over 30 at least.

And when will they do it? Who knows. Probably next year would be my guess - they have a lot of releases this year with the cinema stuff, 1dx and 5d3.
well i'd rather they have made the 5dmkiii 25MP instead of 22MP.

I hope (which i know won't happen) that canon will invent and release a new FF high MP camera by the end of this year. But I think if there's going to be any camera where it'll have high MP is that it'll be a crop camera which is unfortunate for canon and us, the consumers who would like a few more MPs

Canon-F1

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 06:03:04 AM »

well i'd rather they have made the 5dmkiii 25MP instead of 22MP.

yep 3 MP would make a huge difference.

i mean.. a psychological difference. not that you would notice it.

6D, 5D MK2, 7D, 550D... a lot of Glass.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 06:03:04 AM »