October 02, 2014, 06:56:48 AM

Author Topic: Does Canon test lenses with bodys in Kits? (i.e. 5d III with Kit lens)  (Read 912 times)

samueljay

• Rebel T5i
  • 5D Mk III
    • View Profile
Hi All!
Have heard a lot of talk about micro adjusting lenses and how sometimes your lens and camera aren't calibrated together and need to be sent in to be calibrated or micro adjusted. I was just wondering if Canon tests their lenses with their bodies they ship out in kits to make sure they're a good match or do they just grab one of each, put them in a box and send them off? Just curious! :)
Gear: 5D Mk III <> 70-200mm ƒ/2.8L IS II USM <> 50mm ƒ/1.2L USM <> 8-15mm ƒ/4L  USM <>  100mm ƒ/2.8L  Macro IS USM <> 40mm ƒ/2.8 <> 24-70mm ƒ/2.8L II USM

canon rumors FORUM

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
No, they just pack them together.  Items are not tested at all, much less together - either would be prohibitively expensive in terms of labor.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

samueljay

• Rebel T5i
  • 5D Mk III
    • View Profile
Thought as much! Would cost a bunch to hire that much quality control! Thanks very much neuro! :)
Gear: 5D Mk III <> 70-200mm ƒ/2.8L IS II USM <> 50mm ƒ/1.2L USM <> 8-15mm ƒ/4L  USM <>  100mm ƒ/2.8L  Macro IS USM <> 40mm ƒ/2.8 <> 24-70mm ƒ/2.8L II USM

kimloris

This post triggered another question: what is happening if the lens in the kit has an issue ?
Do you have to send back the entire kit to the store (B&H for example) or just the defective lens?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 12:31:12 AM by kimloris »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
This post triggered another question: what is happening if the lens in the kit has an issue ?
Do you have to send back the entire kit to the store (B&H for example) or just the defecting lens?
just take the lens in
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM