October 01, 2014, 01:00:42 PM

Author Topic: Canon is just stupid - 5D3s AutoISO still crappy - EMAIL THEM HOW IT SHOULD WORK  (Read 15032 times)

bloodstupid

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile

OMG calm down and go buy a Nikon or something . Geez .

I would, but having invested 15k of money into Canon lenses wants me to have the smart stuff that Nikon does in my Canon. ;)

canon rumors FORUM

markIVantony

Re: Canon is just stupid (still no usable auto iso in 5D III)
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2012, 10:38:38 AM »
You should give up photography if you use auto-iso.

Auto-ISO is a convenience feature.  Using something out of convenience shouldn't preclude anyone from being a photographer, whether they're an amateur or professional.

iso79

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Canon is just stupid (still no usable auto iso in 5D III)
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2012, 01:14:09 PM »
You should give up photography if you use auto-iso.

Auto-ISO is a convenience feature.  Using something out of convenience shouldn't preclude anyone from being a photographer, whether they're an amateur or professional.

Sure anyone can be a "photographer" but auto-iso isn't going to help anyone be a great photographer.
5D Mark III | 5D Mark II | 17-40mm f/4L | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 35mm f/1.4L | 85mm f/1.2L II | 135mm f/2L

Maui5150

• 7D
    • View Profile
Perhaps you should stick to Point and Shoots for the time being. 

Tv or M.  'Nuff Said.

I detect Blue Crane Introduction DVDs in your future.

As i pointed out Tv and M dont solve anything with this. Read and understand.

Sure they do. 

If you are shooting in bright sunlight and need to go low and fast, then M is perfect and add either a ND or speedlight as needed. 

I would be far more concerned with the camera mismetering when trying to shoot an action shot at speeds of 500 or more, especially if you are dealing with objects such as cars, or anything else that can reflect light.

canon rumors FORUM