8 (9.8%)
No way it's only going to get worse, the drama so far is only an entree
15 (18.3%)
When canon Announce a Super megapixel beast
11 (13.4%)
In december 2012 when the world finally ends
34 (41.5%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: So when does everyone think things are going to get back to normal around here?  (Read 7544 times)

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
With the 5Dmk3 vs D800 being the most contraversial release in photographic history
I was just wondering when everyone thinks that things are going to return to normal around here?

Please this poll is just for fun, try to lighten up guys :D
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

Orion

I miss those days when I waited for the next model to be released, so that I could then go online and read the reviews, such as dpreview and dxoMark, and decide on which to buy. . . . . . . but nooooooo I had to join this forum and waste my days reading psycho bable and learning of fire and brimstone, oceans boiling dogs and cats living together . . . .  mass hysteria ::)

:D

YellowJersey

I miss those days when I waited for the next model to be released, so that I could then go online and read the reviews, such as dpreview and dxoMark, and decide on which to buy. . . . . . . but nooooooo I had to join this forum and waste my days reading psycho bable and learning of fire and brimstone, oceans boiling dogs and cats living together . . . .  mass hysteria ::)

:D

This man speaks the truth.

Seamus

You have to admit, some of this stuff is pretty entertaining. ;)

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
It all depends on Canon.

Does Canon know what it is doing wrong?

I think we have to wait until after the surge in 5D3 buying has subsided and for the D800 to outsell and outreview the 5D3 in every way. And maybe during that time, a Sony A-9X will also arrive. Time will tell.

And after Canon realises what it has done wrong, it then needs to work out what it needs to do right.

So I'm thinking, back to normal, 2014 if we're lucky.

The dark horse here is whatever plans Canon has for a mirrorless copmact system camera. That could add a good amount of zest back into Canon.

moreorless

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
It all depends on Canon.

Does Canon know what it is doing wrong?

I think we have to wait until after the surge in 5D3 buying has subsided and for the D800 to outsell and outreview the 5D3 in every way. And maybe during that time, a Sony A-9X will also arrive. Time will tell.

And after Canon realises what it has done wrong, it then needs to work out what it needs to do right.

So I'm thinking, back to normal, 2014 if we're lucky.

The dark horse here is whatever plans Canon has for a mirrorless copmact system camera. That could add a good amount of zest back into Canon.

"Doing wrong" is different for everyone though and those who didnt get what they want shout loudest.

I'd guess in a month or two though the fanboys and trolls will have found something new to argue about and things will start to return to norma.

Actionpix

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
I think there are two camps. The old fashioned guys, used to 100 ISO, or lower, film that got their skills perfected in the pre-digital time and the newcomers that started with a mobile phone. When you are used to film you are looking for a camera that can deliver an image that can outperform film as, when you are used to mobile phone images, you are looking for something that outperforms a phone, not only in image quality but also in handling. With a high ISO camera you get that last. But the old fashioned guys are still waiting for their high detail full frame camera. And as long Canon does not deliver it the discussion will go on.

canon rumors FORUM

kdsand

• Canon 70D
  • Newt II a human stampede
    • View Profile

With the 5Dmk3 vs D800 being the most contraversial release in photographic history
I was just wondering when everyone thinks that things are going to return to normal around here?

Perhaps the world has already ended and we just have not caught on?
  :o :-\ :o
60D, t2i, Magic Lantern, Manfrotto, Joby, Domke, SanDisk and excetera excetera

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
There is missing an answer: "When Canon buys Nikon Imaging Division", which according to Maya calendar should take place on Dec 21st 2012. Let's be patient...
:)
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

briansquibb

MotoGP starts soon - I will be able to roll up with 1 body and 2 white lens mounted on the gimbal and have great 4 day weekends. The rest of the time will be working out which beach to sit on taking 'street' pictures of the Sheilas ;) ;) ;)

Ahhhhh the alarm has just woken me up  ;D ;D ;D

squarebox

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
learning of fire and brimstone, oceans boiling dogs and cats living together . . . .  mass hysteria ::)

I read that and was like... "OMG dogs being boiled in oceans... and wait.. why are cats living together horrible?"

Things will propbably get back to normal after the 7dmk2 and rebel  650D get released.
5Dmk3 - 16-35L - 24-105L - 70-200L F2.8 mk2 - 35L - 50mm 1.4 - 100L - 600xt-rt

kentandersen

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
what is back to normal?

If you mean back to the time when a new "5dMKIII what do you think it will look like thread" is being posted 5-6 times a day?

That time will come in just a couple of months. That when all the "unboxed 5dMKIII", "5dMKIII high ISO pixel peep discussion threads", "5dMKIII vs 5dMkII vs Nikon vs Iphone" and "shall I sell my kidney vote" are being changed with 7dMKII threads.

The forum here will stay normal, and look excactly the same all this year. You just changed the name of the camera released or expected... and add a small improvement in the gear mentioned.

CanineCandidsByL

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
#1. Normal?  We don't need no stink'n normal.

#2. About an hour before the next controversial release.

#3. As soon as the 5dm3 isn't back ordered.

canon rumors FORUM

solarpos

Once the ants leave the Canon

markphoto

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Once the ants leave the Canon

LMAO

Awesome!!
5d3 | 24 - 70L II | 24 -105L | 8-15L | 14L | 100L | 70-200L II | MP-E 65 | 40 Pancake

canon rumors FORUM