8 (9.8%)
No way it's only going to get worse, the drama so far is only an entree
15 (18.3%)
When canon Announce a Super megapixel beast
11 (13.4%)
In december 2012 when the world finally ends
34 (41.5%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: So when does everyone think things are going to get back to normal around here?  (Read 7454 times)

SomeGuyInNewJersey

I was begining to think Cameras were only for bitching and moaning, come to find out they are actually used for taking photographs. I have never wanted to post over the last year but I have to admit I actually started to post in the past month due to the madness. With the  influx of "I'm jumping to Nikon..." now I have to lurk on eBay for all those jumper's "L" lenses flooding the market ;o)

Would anyone like some cheese with all this whine?

Okay so we'll just whine at the whiners from our high horses now shall we?

Okay so when shall we start whining at the whined winers? Oh... I just did... Now someone needs to start whining about the person who started whining about the person who started whiny about the people who were whining about canon... The after that someone needs to... Ah screw it the keyboard is too small and copying and pasting is too hard on the iPhone to carry this on... :-)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 04:44:02 PM by SomeGuyInNewJersey »

canon rumors FORUM

Rob Wiebe

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • J D Robert Wiebe Photography
 :D If you don't get drawn in there can be some entertainment here. For the record, I ordered the 5D3 and the 1D-X, expecting the 5D3 on Thursday, and the 1D-X the first week of May, according to my local Photo Source store who place the orders. I'm taking pictures, not arguing ...  ;)
1DX, Sony A7R, Sony RX100 III (ordered) and lots of " L" lenses

D_Rochat

:D If you don't get drawn in there can be some entertainment here. For the record, I ordered the 5D3 and the 1D-X, expecting the 5D3 on Thursday, and the 1D-X the first week of May, according to my local Photo Source store who place the orders. I'm taking pictures, not arguing ...  ;)

If you manage your time properly, you can do both!  ;D

smirkypants

Normal? You mean we have to go out and take pictures? Oh sh*t.

justsomedude

• 7D
  • Canon 5D3 and 6D
    • View Profile
    • AK Photo - Denver Photographer

Taking pictures is for sucks.

Bitching is where it's at!

FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :o

kwwalla

http://www.examiner.com/photography-in-cleveland/canon-5d-mark-iii-kills-nikon-d800-at-high-iso

For those that are bored with the same old reviews. Of course some might need a little salt while reading.

SomeGuyInNewJersey

Or you can take pictures and have a normal life and just talk crap here using your iPhone while sat down on the seat with the big hole in... haven't you heard of multitasking?

And no that's not where I'm typing this from... I'm cooking the kids their pasta... Multi tasking again see... :-)

canon rumors FORUM

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
Right…. about option 5 (In december 2012 when the world finally ends)

There have been about 514 leap years since Canon (Caesar) created them in 45BC. without the extra day every 4 years, so e.g. on the 5th of march 2010 would actually have been July 28th 2013… so Nikon (Mayan) calendar did not account for the leap year. so technically the world has already ended. Which definitively proves that that the 5Dx is the best Camera to never be produced…… ever……. RIGHT
 :P

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
A few observations:
  • Canon went for lower MP, thinking the chatter from users leaned towards lower MP - but improved quality
  • Nikon has demonstrated that higher MP doesn't necessarily mean a sacrifice in quality
  • Canon took a gamble that Nikon could not produce a mind-blowing high MP body.  They took that gamble and, in the short term at least - lost
  • Nikon is likely under-pricing their d800 as a loss-leader to get Canon people talking, and possibly jumping ship.  And so far... it's genius marketing, because - well - it's working.  We're all talking about it, aren't we?

+1 for your observations - but what is your definition of "under-pricing"?

Does it mean Nikon does not take as much money as they can possibly get away with like Canon? If so, I wouldn't call it under-pricing, but clever-pricing, because if the price tag is still somehow reachable for Joe Sixpack, people will still invest in dslr gear and not simply abandon it for mirror-less systems that are rumored to be able to take pictures, too...

David KM

Okay so when shall we start whining at the whined winers? Oh... I just did... Now someone needs to start whining about the person who started whining about the person who started whiny about the people who were whining about canon... The after that someone needs to... Ah screw it the keyboard is too small and copying and pasting is too hard on the iPhone to carry this on... :-)

Is that the new mkIII horse because I hear it's not nearly as high as new Nikon horses. Your horse has an iPhone ?!?!?! ...I'm selling my saddle and jumping ship    :-)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 07:04:51 PM by David KM »

SomeGuyInNewJersey

Is that a mkIII horse because I hear it's not nearly as high as new Nikon horses.

Yeah but apparently Canons new horse is meant to able to see clearer in low light than Nikons new horse...

briansquibb

I shot the man that was trying to shoot Canon's new horse ... ;) ;) ;)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
When the 5D MK II came out, it took 6 months to a year for all those complaining about too many MP to quiet down.

canon rumors FORUM

moreorless

• 6D
    • View Profile
This is really exactly the kind of post the OP was talking about, someone making a person judgement that is not shared by many others and talking it up as a stone cold fact.

Aside from assuming that Canon fudged up their marketing and approach to the 5D3, what else is a judgment? 

• It's a fact that the d300 is a higher MP camera body - the highest of any currently available in the 35mm format.
  • It's a fact that Canon does not have a camera body with equivalent MP in the 35mm format.
  • It's a fact that a lot of people here are talking about the d800.
  • It's a fact that the d800 is cheaper than the 5D3 and could tempt buyers.
  • It's a fact that Canon won't ignore the d800 (unless they just don't care about the competition).
  • It's a fact that Canon is focusing a segment of their product development on the cinema market (see the C300).
  • It's a fact that Nikon does not have a cinema line of bodies. 
  • It's a fact that professional photographers will evaluate all imaging products and choose the camera that gives them the highest quality image - regardless of brand loyalty.

If you think I'm making personal judgments, I think you would be wrong, and in my mind - be it a conscious decision or not - you're ignoring the impact the d800 could have on the dSLR market.  I think an objective evaluation of the competition is prudent, especially when it potentially offers a better image at a lower cost.  What pro photographer would not want to consider all the options available to him?

Where is the folly in that approach?  And I'm asking sincerely - not just to start some flame war.

Oh it'll certainly have an impact and some potential Canon users maybe switch(I'm considering it myself as a crop Canon user who takes landscapes) but where you loose me is the view that Canon has definately made an error with the 5D mk3.

Seems to me that a certain sub set of photographers who were most pleased with the 5D mk2's direction have come to believe that there needs are the needs of the vast majority of users. The landscape taking pixel peeping crowd(many of whome will never buy either camera, there just fanboys backing a brand) to me seem both the most over represented and the most vocal on the net. I'd say that the idea that "more resolution is always worthwhile" does not hold for the majority of users, Canon obviously believe that the 5D mk2 was close to that.

Again thats just my opinion, I don't throw it around as fact.

Daniel Flather

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile

everyone pouring over image files to examine them at sub-atomic levels to see if the molecular structure of the D800 is cleaner.

EPIC.
| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100 macro | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

canon rumors FORUM