December 21, 2014, 05:18:07 AM

Author Topic: Amazon 5DM3 shipping info  (Read 7284 times)

msdarkroom

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Amazon 5DM3 shipping info
« on: March 16, 2012, 03:33:16 PM »
First post here.

1. How do I change the local time? I do not see the option in preferences.
2. I just got off the phone with Amazon. Long story short, I was told that the 5DM3 that I preordered on March 2nd was scheduled to ship on March 19th and arrive on March 20th.

-MS

canon rumors FORUM

Amazon 5DM3 shipping info
« on: March 16, 2012, 03:33:16 PM »

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon 5DM3 shipping info
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 04:00:13 PM »
Kit or body?
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

NutsAndBolts

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 04:05:14 PM »
First post here.

2. I just got off the phone with Amazon. Long story short, I was told that the 5DM3 that I preordered on March 2nd was scheduled to ship on March 19th and arrive on March 20th.

-MS

I sure hope so! I ordered on the 2nd of March also and I have not received anything from Amazon on ship date or expected ship date for that matter.

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 04:13:20 PM »
First post here.

I sure hope so! I ordered on the 2nd of March also and I have not received anything from Amazon on ship date or expected ship date for that matter.
Same boat here. I've heard reports of people who ordered the kit received expected shipping dates but I've heard nothing for body only. And the body only is what I'm concerned with.

msdarkroom

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 04:20:13 PM »
Kit or body?

Body.

I had previously emailed Amazon asking about the expected delivery date. I did not get anything concrete and then decided to use the 'call' feature on their site (which actually calls your phone and then calls Amazon).
I explained to the Amazon service representative that I was wondering if I should cancel my order with Amazon and place one with a vendor like B&H as people with other vendors have been receiving shipping notifications. I was then placed on hold for a while and when the rep came back, he told me that the camera will ship on the 19th and that it will arrive on the 20th. I asked him why the site did not say this and he said it was relatively recent info and that the site had not yet been updated.

-MS

msdarkroom

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 04:23:36 PM »
For those with Amazon orders, here is the link to talk with Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=518316

The contact button is on the bottom right portion of the screen. Select your order and select other twice and ask for a call.
Hopefully you get the same info I did.

-MS

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 04:26:24 PM »
Awesome news! Thanks for that. One more question, I'd rather play with my new iPad than deal with amazon right now, what time did you place your order? I ordered at 2:30am CST and just knowing relative to your order where mine is will more than suffice.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 04:26:24 PM »

NutsAndBolts

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 04:27:34 PM »
Kit or body?

Body.

I had previously emailed Amazon asking about the expected delivery date. I did not get anything concrete and then decided to use the 'call' feature on their site (which actually calls your phone and then calls Amazon).
I explained to the Amazon service representative that I was wondering if I should cancel my order with Amazon and place one with a vendor like B&H as people with other vendors have been receiving shipping notifications. I was then placed on hold for a while and when the rep came back, he told me that the camera will ship on the 19th and that it will arrive on the 20th. I asked him why the site did not say this and he said it was relatively recent info and that the site had not yet been updated.

-MS

Here is an applaud for you.  I hope the dates are correct!

CanonBo

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 04:48:44 PM »
I placed an order for the body on March 2nd also. I just chatted with an Amazon CS rep. He had no idea when my order would ship. He said that even if I called someone at CS, they would not have any additional information :-(

msdarkroom

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 04:49:55 PM »
Awesome news! Thanks for that. One more question, I'd rather play with my new iPad than deal with amazon right now, what time did you place your order? I ordered at 2:30am CST and just knowing relative to your order where mine is will more than suffice.

Mine was syncing at the time. :)  The display, even with all the hype about how nice it is, is unreal. I'm impressed.

As for the order time...that is a funny thing. I just went to see what time I received the email confirmation from Amazon, and, the email time is 2:31:19 AM CST on March 2nd.

-MS

NutsAndBolts

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 04:54:53 PM »
My Amazon order confirmation email was at March 2, 2012 9:49:28 AM PST

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 04:57:04 PM »

Mine was syncing at the time. :)  The display, even with all the hype about how nice it is, is unreal. I'm impressed.

As for the order time...that is a funny thing. I just went to see what time I received the email confirmation from Amazon, and, the email time is 2:31:19 AM CST on March 2nd.

-MS
Thanks again for the info. Looks like I was just under 2 minutes behind you so I'll be expecting my camera next week, too! 2:33:02 AM CST
I'm pretty impressed with the new screen on this thing, the one downside I forgot to consider, however, is that now pictures synced with it are larger. My photos ballooned from 4.5GB to just over 8GB!

mikeb

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 06:49:45 PM »
Just checked and I received my amazon confirmation email at 2:12 CST!  Hopefully they will ship Monday! Did you get overnight shipping?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 06:49:45 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 06:52:07 PM »
How do I change the local time? I do not see the option in preferences.

Profile tab > Summary.  Modify Profile tab > Look and Layout.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

msdarkroom

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 09:32:14 PM »

-MS
Thanks again for the info. Looks like I was just under 2 minutes behind you so I'll be expecting my camera next week, too! 2:33:02 AM CST
I'm pretty impressed with the new screen on this thing, the one downside I forgot to consider, however, is that now pictures synced with it are larger. My photos ballooned from 4.5GB to just over 8GB!

Crazy. I use the publish services feature in LR and sync to a folder. I think I need to update the settings to roughly 260 PPI now to take full advantage of the display.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 09:32:14 PM »