September 23, 2014, 04:51:04 PM

Author Topic: Amazon 5DM3 shipping info  (Read 7085 times)

msdarkroom

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon 5DM3 shipping info
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 09:33:33 PM »
mikeb - yes, overnight (I have Prime so it's $3.99 or something crazy like that).

neuroanatomist - thank you!

-MS

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 09:33:33 PM »

irena

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 09:48:43 PM »
Amazon has updated the status of my order to "Shipping Soon", even though I haven't been notified of my estimated shipping date.  My other pre-orders all list as "Not Yet Shipped" (including my Diablo III preorder :) ).  That must mean something.

For reference, I preordered late on March 4th.

msdarkroom

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 09:59:25 PM »
Amazon has updated the status of my order to "Shipping Soon", even though I haven't been notified of my estimated shipping date.  My other pre-orders all list as "Not Yet Shipped" (including my Diablo III preorder :) ).  That must mean something.

Nice!
Body or Kit?

iso79

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 10:22:36 PM »
Just checked and I received my amazon confirmation email at 2:12 CST!  Hopefully they will ship Monday! Did you get overnight shipping?

So they're sending out notices? I haven't received one. I ordered March 2nd too :(
5D Mark III | 5D Mark II | 17-40mm f/4L | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 35mm f/1.4L | 85mm f/1.2L II | 135mm f/2L

irena

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 10:25:31 PM »

Nice!
Body or Kit?

Body. 

I also spoke to a local retailer today (Hunt's Camera in Providence, RI) and he said that they're getting 30 Bodies in on the 22nd, as well as 60 kits.  They had 160 Body pre-orders and only 40 Kit pre-orders, so he told me that if Amazon doesn't come through that they'd have a number of kits available immediately.

Sounds like gettings kits is going to be a lot easier.

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 10:41:16 PM »
My body only is still "Not Yet Shipped." Oh well, it doesn't mean anything yet. Honestly, though, I'm kind of surprised with the pricing how many more kits are being shipped. Sure I originally planned to buy the kit but when the pricing was announced I had to sell my 50D before even paying off my order without the 24-105. I guess Canon is going to be pulling in a ton of money next week and for quite a while.
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

NutsAndBolts

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 11:01:59 PM »
My body only is still "Not Yet Shipped." Oh well, it doesn't mean anything yet. Honestly, though, I'm kind of surprised with the pricing how many more kits are being shipped. Sure I originally planned to buy the kit but when the pricing was announced I had to sell my 50D before even paying off my order without the 24-105. I guess Canon is going to be pulling in a ton of money next week and for quite a while.

Me too and I ordered early March 2nd morning.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 11:01:59 PM »

Chewy734

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 11:16:19 PM »
I also ordered the body-only on the morning of 3/2...  shows "Not yet shipped."

msdarkroom

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 11:39:20 PM »

Nice!
Body or Kit?

Body. 

I also spoke to a local retailer today (Hunt's Camera in Providence, RI) and he said that they're getting 30 Bodies in on the 22nd, as well as 60 kits.  They had 160 Body pre-orders and only 40 Kit pre-orders, so he told me that if Amazon doesn't come through that they'd have a number of kits available immediately.

Sounds like gettings kits is going to be a lot easier.

Interesting. I wonder why yours is shipping soon and mine, body only as well, ordered on the 2nd, is not.
Fulfilled by Amazon?

swampler

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 11:45:03 PM »
Ordered my kit on the 11th, got shipping notice on the 12th, then I changed shipping to 2 day. Still haven't received an updated shipping notification. E-mailed Amazon to make sure I hadn't messed myself up. They wouldn't say if ship date was the same, but upgraded me to free overnight shipping. I hope it still ships on the 2nd (or earlier) .

marcosv

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 12:41:52 AM »
So they're sending out notices? I haven't received one. I ordered March 2nd too :(

FWIW, I ordered the body on afternoon of March 2nd.  No ship date assigned.  Called Amazon customer service; they couldn't provide me with a ship date.

mpistonephoto

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 04:24:22 PM »
Amazon has a 3rd party now that claims they will ship on the 19th or 20th w/ overnight shipping for $55.   Body only and price is $3699 though.

Amazon proper still isn't showing a ship date, won't tell me over the phone, and won't update my status..

Mike

feigenbaum

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »
Still "Not yet shipped" for my order status.   ???
Patiently waiting though. I did an online chat on Thursday, the rep didn't have any new info though.

I placed my order March 2, 2012 12:15:32 AM PST ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »

jdarmistead

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2012, 08:15:20 AM »
I'm not sure I believe all this about cameras shipping next week.
I preordered the kit early on March 2nd - and for the 1st week there was no status.
Last week, they updated the status to estimated delivery on April 3rd (1DA delivery).
   - I got an automated email from Amazon & the website link updated.
After I saw all these rumors about earlier shipments I called Amazon CS.
That was a huge waste of time - they can give no updates of any kind - just read you the website info.
My credit card has not had any kind of billing activity on it.

I hold out no real hope of seeing that puppy before April 3rd...
I've gone through this BS many times before (example: my iPad2) and they are in no hurry - their sales are guaranteed anyway.  They are not going to pay overtime etc..to beat the established schedules.

mikeb

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »

I just had a thought.  If Amazon is following the "don't deliver until March 22nd" rule, and they are shipping before March 22nd to deliver on March 22nd, those who chose slower shipping would actually ship FIRST.  Just curious, what shipping did you choose (Standard, 2 day, overnight)?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »