April 25, 2018, 03:16:01 AM

Author Topic: Canon 5D Mark III Body-Only Purchases From Broken Kits Question  (Read 4974 times)

dcreisman

I'm sure many of you have gotten your 5D3 bodies from what was originally the kit with the 24-105L.  I expect my 5D3 body tomorrow, also from what was a kit.  My question is has anybody run into a situation where they bought their body from the kit, and the retailer removed more than just the lens from the kit (such as the battery and charger, etc)?  We all know that there are some unscrupulous dealers that will sell lenses, but remove the carrying case and hood from the box, only to sell them separately.  Thanks all!

canon rumors FORUM

Axilrod

• EOS 5DS R
Re: Canon 5D Mark III Body-Only Purchases From Broken Kits Question
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 04:40:59 PM »
Man just wait for it, if something is missing then go from there, but until then this is just worst-case scenario thinking.  I seriously doubt they would leave something out as crucial as a battery or charger, you should be fine.  I imagine they'll take the lens and the carrying pouch, but that's it. 
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

Mt Spokane Photography

• CR GEEK
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 05:36:23 PM »
I would not worry, except wonder if they are a authorized dealer.  There is a big demand for bodies only, so some authorized dealers may be pulling the lens and selling body only.

If other parts besides the lens are missing, I'd return it.

dcreisman

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 06:41:40 PM »
Man just wait for it, if something is missing then go from there, but until then this is just worst-case scenario thinking.  I seriously doubt they would leave something out as crucial as a battery or charger, you should be fine.  I imagine they'll take the lens and the carrying pouch, but that's it.

To be honest it didn't even cross my mind until someone brought it up to me, then it made me wonder.  I'm sure it will all be fine.

swampler

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 09:36:37 PM »
I imagine they'll take the lens and the carrying pouch, but that's it.
what carrying pouch? Wasn't one in my kit unless I missed it someway.

DaveBurbankPhotography

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
My 5D Mark III bodies all shipped to the dealer as kits. The dealer removed only the kit lens and the warranty card for the kit lens. Everything else came with the camera bodies.

awinphoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • AW Photography
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 03:05:46 PM »

All L lenses, such as the 24-105 in the "Kit" comes with a carrying case/pouch... This one is a grayish cloth pouch with a hard leather bottom and drawstring closure.  Should be in there if you ordered the kit. 
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L IS, Canon 100L 2.8, Canon 85 1.8, 2 430EX 2's and a partridge in a pear tree.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 03:05:46 PM »

swampler

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 09:42:33 PM »

All L lenses, such as the 24-105 in the "Kit" comes with a carrying case/pouch... This one is a grayish cloth pouch with a hard leather bottom and drawstring closure.  Should be in there if you ordered the kit.
Awesome, thanks. I checked my packaging again and sure enough, it was in there. That's what I get for being in such a hurry to get it out and setup when it showed up!

MK5GTI

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 10:17:33 AM »

and a white box too right? thinking of purchasing one, has been always wondering where white box coming from, i guess now i know

darash

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 07:06:43 AM »
I just got my kit lens in malaysia and everything was there. They even let me test a few to make sure I'm satisfied before I pay. Apparently, he had quite a few in stock.
5D3

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 07:06:43 AM »