September 21, 2014, 10:42:01 PM

Author Topic: Amazon 5D Mark III Pre Order Shipping & Order Status  (Read 24263 times)

jaspurdue

Re: Amazon 5D Mark III Pre Order Shipping & Order Status
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2012, 11:12:57 AM »
I ordered on the morning of March 7.  Got the email last night with "Estimated arrival date: May 22, 2012".  (I'm in Alabama).  Seems like these May dates are all over the place regardless of when you ordered.

March 7th and they pushed it out to May 22nd expected date! Definitely shouldn't have taken pre-orders to such high limits and they can't commit an early shipment. I hope Amazon understands a simple fact :"Individuals who pre-order products aren't the kind to wait for months".  ::)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2012, 11:12:57 AM »

thehallway

« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2012, 04:49:05 PM »
I ordered on the morning of March 7.  Got the email last night with "Estimated arrival date: May 22, 2012".  (I'm in Alabama).  Seems like these May dates are all over the place regardless of when you ordered.

March 7th and they pushed it out to May 22nd expected date! Definitely shouldn't have taken pre-orders to such high limits and they can't commit an early shipment. I hope Amazon understands a simple fact :"Individuals who pre-order products aren't the kind to wait for months".  ::)

I think (hope) that the 5/22 date will be moved up.  I've seen several other posts (on Amazon Discussions, etc) from people who ordered 1-2 weeks after me who were also given an estimated date of 5/22.  I'll give it to the weekend and see what orders are being shipped then, if any and how close they are to my order. 

MikeTrutt

« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2012, 06:50:05 PM »
reason i ordered from Amazon is cos i get 5%back on my Chase Card on Amazon orders this month lol

Adam, there's a fine-print "gotcha" with the Chase Freedom card. Yes, they give 5% back on Amazon purchases through March, BUT they limit that to only the first $1500 worth of total purchases during this quarter. So, assuming you bought NOTHING else with your Chase Freedom card this year, and then you bought a $3500 camera, you'll get a maximum rebate of 5% on the first $1500, and then you'll get a 1% rebate on the remaining $2k.  So your total rebate would come to $95.   However, if you'd used the the Amazon charge card instead, you'd get a 3% rebate on the entire purchase, which comes to $105; a slightly better deal.  Of course none of that matters if they don't actually ship the camera!  :o

jaspurdue

« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2012, 06:58:58 PM »
Got Shipping update with tracking info: Arriving on March 29th (I placed the order on 2nd March 7:30 am MST)

I feel sorry for everyone who are getting May xx expected shipping date. Have a feeling that will move up the date in few more days. Definitely not impressed with Amazon how they took that many pre-orders. Based on my experience; I would suggest you ask them to credit you some money or update your shipping to 1 day (if not already so).

beckstoy

• Rebel T5i
  • Bokeh, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • Pure Touch Photography
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2012, 07:15:12 PM »
Just thought I'd share that I tried to cancel my order and received an email from Amazon stating: "We're contacting you about your cancellation request for order # XXXXXXXX. We weren't able to cancel the following items from your order:   Canon EOS 5 D Mark III. When you receive your order, you're welcome to refuse the package. You can also return an unwanted items b visiting amazon.com/returns"

Sounds like it ma be processing fo shipment. BTW ordered at 7:45 AM EST.

Had you received any "shipping soon" messages on your open orders history?

I pre-ordered 5D3 w/24-105 kit on 3/2 at 9:30 AM PST.  Today (3/27) the Amazon website says "Shipping Soon" with estimated shipping date 4/2.   

I think the number of body-only orders is likely to be much greater than for the kit, and perhaps the supply greater as well.   There may be fewer kit orders and maybe also a shorter supply.   Who knows?  I will start to worry when 4/2 rolls around and I don't get a notice of "Shipped".

I ordered at the same time, grew disgusted with the wait, and called Adorama.  Had the Kit in stock, shipped it that day, expecting it to arrive tomorrow.  Cancelled that Amazon shiznit!
5DM3, EF 50 f1.4, EF 24-70 f2.8 II, EF 70-200 f2.8 USM IS II, EF 24-104 f4, Siggy 12-24 f3.5

ticrandall

« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2012, 07:28:04 PM »
So this is super interesting, I got a call from Amazon tonight, some indian chick asking if I purchased a camera, said yes, she said she was just confirming. I asked when I would get it and she said in the next shipment within the next few days. Ordered 3/22, still shows a 5/23 delivery date.. will be interesting to see what happens.

deviousrlm

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »
What a mess... so I placed my order on March 2, 8:47 PST.  Status is still "Not Yet Shipped".  I didn't receive anything, so decided the email support route...

I got a very long answer, but then this part stuck out:
-------------
I've checked your order and can confirm Canon EOS 5D Mark III 22.3 MP Full Frame CMOS Digital SLR Camera (Body)  is now back-ordered. I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect this would happen.

Although the shipping method is faster, it'll still take some time to get the order for you. As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know. The estimated date of delivery is May 8
--------------
May 8th?!  How could it possibly be more than a month out and they actually could predict that?  Thinking that they meant April 8th, I called support (you click to call from the website actually).  The adviser then said that she has no idea where the May 8 timeframe would come from, since they have no visibility into that system... she said I should ignore that time.

I've been a prime member for years and average about one Amazon order per week... this is the first time they've been THIS unorganized for me.

As a precautionary measure, I ordered from Newegg as well, but who knows where I am in that line now as well. 

Any other people contact support and get wack-job responses?

I just thought I'd update you all on this... so after getting the May 9 date, a day later I get a ship date of 3/29.  Sure enough, it's en-route to my home today!  Ignore the May dates (well, if you ordered early March that is)

So essentially: March 2, 8:47am PST order time --> March 29, delivery (I'm Prime and chose 1-day delivery).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »

thehallway

« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2012, 05:11:16 PM »

Got another email from Amazon this afternoon - "New estimated arrival date: April 03, 2012."  Charge is also now pending on CC and order status says "Shipping Soon."  I have 1 day shipping, so I might get it before the 3rd.  Very excited! 

fillup

« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2012, 03:42:51 PM »
We have good news!  We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than we originally promised:

"Canon EOS 5D Mark III 22.3 MP Full Frame CMOS with 1080p Full-HD Video Mode Digital SLR Camera (Body)"
   Previous estimated arrival date: May 22, 2012
   New estimated arrival date: April 06, 2012 - April 09, 2012
   Ordered on March 22, 2012

fotoray

• EOS M2
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2012, 05:21:16 PM »
Pre-ordered my 5D3 w/24-105 kit on 3/2 at 9:30 AM PST.   Received 4/2.  Diving into the manual....
5D Mk III | 7D | 20D | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 17-85 | EF 17-40 f/4L | EF 24-105 f/4L | EF 70-300 DO | EF-S 60 macro | EF 100L macro | 580EX II | RRS Series 2 tripod | plus many gadgets |

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2012, 05:21:16 PM »