September 02, 2014, 07:01:45 PM

Author Topic: Amazon 5D Mark III Pre Order Shipping & Order Status  (Read 24048 times)

CanonBo

Re: Amazon 5D Mark III Pre Order Shipping & Order Status
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 01:16:46 PM »
Ordered just the body from Amazon at 7:00AM CST on March 2nd. Have contacted Amazon CS multiple times. They said that they have no idea as to when they will receive the camera. When I mentioned that there are other people that are receiving shipping notifications, they said no one from CS has access to any information regarding the ship date and any information passed out is likely inaccurate!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 01:16:46 PM »

MARKOE PHOTOE

• EOS M2
  • Photography is a love affair with life.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.markoe.smugmug.com
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 01:18:54 PM »
Amazon can't tell us squat.  I called them too just now and was quoted the same thing; "This item has not been released yet"....
A few cameras and lenses and a lot of creative energy and imagination.
"You never learn anything until you mess it up."

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 03:00:29 PM »
I think the issue lies in the fact that Amazon is so large. If there is a March 22nd embargo from Canon the cameras may not show up as in-stock just yet, whereas a mom'n'pop shop can just look in the back room. I know we're all holding our breath here until we can get what's next but I can assure you, if you still have your camera (I had to sell mine early to afford the upgrade) getting out and shooting, maybe planning to reshoot with your new camera for comparisons, will pass the time much faster than checking every forum update every 5 minutes.
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

thornbank

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 03:12:06 PM »

Just heard that mine should arrive tomorrow !!

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 03:34:30 PM »

Just heard that mine should arrive tomorrow !!
Your kit? I like to think I'm towards the front of the body queue but it would be super nice if people would add if they are talking about kit or body orders when they add any sort of info.

jcr918

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 03:46:43 PM »
I GAVE UP

My local camera shop in Tulsa got ONE into day and I got it  ;D no more waiting game with amazon. I hope everyone else get's there's soon.

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 05:32:06 PM »
"Canon Rumors Adorama has started to ship the 5D Mark III, B&H and Amazon to follow almost immediately."
Hope that means Tomorrow or Friday for me! 1 Day prime shipping, and if it's at the center nearest my house 2 day makes it in 1 day. I'm getting antsy over here.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 05:32:06 PM »

swampler

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 06:13:10 PM »
I changed my kit order from Amazon to BuyDig on Monday and it shipped today. Should have it Friday.

sandelld

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 06:45:58 PM »
Received my 5d MK3 body only from park cameras in the UK today

awesome piece of kit.

Vaz

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 07:22:16 PM »
I haven't bothered amazon yet, but I put my bid in on 3/2 at about 3am est, no word from them yet. I would really like to have it for the weekend.

Skip2316

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 07:55:53 PM »
I just got done chatting with them and they told me that they're still waiting for Canon to send it to their fulfillment center.  That means more waiting on the consumer's part. I'm thinking it's going to show up next week. I'm also wondering if I cancel now and order through B&H or Adorama, if it'll still be shipped sooner.  :-\

dho81

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 08:02:12 PM »
. I'm also wondering if I cancel now and order through B&H or Adorama, if it'll still be shipped sooner.  :-\

Don't know if I'd count on B&H to be any sooner. There's no information given on those orders at this point either except for a couple people being told next week (I've got two pre-orders through them but haven't inquired since everyone seems to get the same non-info). Hoping it ships tomorrow as originally expected but am pretty disappointed that they couldn't get it out the door the same day Adorama did.

yuxinhong

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 10:12:54 PM »
I Just canceled my Amazon order that i ordered on Mar 2nd.
because the Bundle I ordered from Adorama Yesterday is shipped already :)
from tracking, i should receive my Kit next Tuesday :)
can't wait :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 10:12:54 PM »

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »
I'm sure most of you, like me, are scouring all the threads on the release between the gear talk and rumors but for those of you that aren't I'm going to post my update here, too. I received my order confirmation order at 2:33:02 AM CST. And my camera shipping status just changed to shipping soon.

MARKOE PHOTOE

• EOS M2
  • Photography is a love affair with life.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.markoe.smugmug.com
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 11:29:43 AM »
I'm sure most of you, like me, are scouring all the threads on the release between the gear talk and rumors but for those of you that aren't I'm going to post my update here, too. I received my order confirmation order at 2:33:02 AM CST. And my camera shipping status just changed to shipping soon.

I started the thread last night about Amazon putting my order in the shipping queue after I rec'd a call from my credit card company that my card had been charged.  I called Chase Amazon and checked my account, they charged for the camera, changed the status to 'SHIPPING SOON' and sent me a confirming email.  At this point I would hate to cancel Amazon's order but what exactly is 'SHIPPING SOON' mean. ??? Christmas is soon and so is a blue moon.  I have the same order also at B&H that was placed March 2nd via Paypal. Paypal orders with B&H take the money from your account on the order day!  So I'm already out $3,500 at B&H, no camera or indication they are shipping before Christmas and Amazon has charged my card $3,500 and still no delivery notice.  At the moment, I'm out over $7,000 with nothing really to show for it.  I've already lost a few nights sleep over this but I'm being optimistic that a few boxes will be here on Monday, ....before Christmas.
Thanks for listening. This is like group therapy, eh?
A few cameras and lenses and a lot of creative energy and imagination.
"You never learn anything until you mess it up."

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 11:29:43 AM »