October 23, 2014, 05:25:58 PM

Author Topic: Amazon 5D Mark III Pre Order Shipping & Order Status  (Read 24629 times)

teanuh

Re: Amazon 5D Mark III Pre Order Shipping & Order Status
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2012, 08:38:16 PM »
Just thought I'd share that I tried to cancel my order and received an email from Amazon stating: "We're contacting you about your cancellation request for order # XXXXXXXX. We weren't able to cancel the following items from your order:   Canon EOS 5 D Mark III. When you receive your order, you're welcome to refuse the package. You can also return an unwanted items b visiting amazon.com/returns"

Sounds like it ma be processing fo shipment. BTW ordered at 7:45 AM EST.

Had you received any "shipping soon" messages on your open orders history?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2012, 08:38:16 PM »

jbgreig

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2012, 09:39:09 PM »
So frustrating!  I'm giving Amazon until tomorrow.  I bought my 70-200 IS II on a Friday afternoon and had next day delivery.  It came Saturday Fedex delivery.  Had it by noon, if I recall.  I was amazed at that.  Same thing for a Les Paul guitar I purchased on a Friday afternoon.  Saturday delivery then also.  So I haven't given up hope for a Saturday delivery for the 5D3.  At least not yet.

If nothing by tomorrow (or probably Monday morning, realistically, since I doubt anyone will fulfill over the weekend for a Monday delivery), then I will cancel my order and get a kit or whatever is available elsewhere.

And will cancel my 1D X pre-order with Amazon as well.  Obviously pre-ordering with Amazon is not what I thought it would be.  They are great at almost everything.  Perhaps getting specialty items out quicker than the competition is not one of those things.  At least it's good to know.  But they are still who I turn to when I really need something quickly.

Except a newly released camera.

MeHoo

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2012, 09:42:17 PM »
I ordered the kit via JR on amazon.  They charged my credit card, and it says shipping soon.  I'm hoping that means tomorrow.  I'm hesitant to cancel my Amazon body only purchase.  I can sell the lens on ebay and break even if I really wanted to.

I would have to agree with others that this is either a "closest to the warehouse that has the stock" thing, or the people who are claiming to get shipments of the BODY ONLY camera are full of it.

The customer service rep was useless at Amazon.  She was the dumbest grouping of atoms that I've ever spoken to/at.  She said that the item hasn't been released yet and can't be shipping.  No help.  No advice.  She did want to keep asking me if I'd like to cancel the order!  Stupid.

I'm canceling my body-only pre-order and hoping J&R comes through.

There are two potential pitfalls:

- They are selling gray market and don't tell you til it's too late... return debacle ensues...
- They don't have them on-hand and make you wait a week.

Having already charged my card though, I am hopeful.  Sucks that their fastest shipping means I won't get it until Wednesday.

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2012, 10:14:47 PM »
I ordered the kit via JR on amazon.  They charged my credit card, and it says shipping soon.  I'm hoping that means tomorrow.  I'm hesitant to cancel my Amazon body only purchase.  I can sell the lens on ebay and break even if I really wanted to.

I would have to agree with others that this is either a "closest to the warehouse that has the stock" thing, or the people who are claiming to get shipments of the BODY ONLY camera are full of it.

The customer service rep was useless at Amazon.  She was the dumbest grouping of atoms that I've ever spoken to/at.  She said that the item hasn't been released yet and can't be shipping.  No help.  No advice.  She did want to keep asking me if I'd like to cancel the order!  Stupid.

I'm canceling my body-only pre-order and hoping J&R comes through.

There are two potential pitfalls:

- They are selling gray market and don't tell you til it's too late... return debacle ensues...
- They don't have them on-hand and make you wait a week.

Having already charged my card though, I am hopeful.  Sucks that their fastest shipping means I won't get it until Wednesday.

The way purchasing from a third party through Amazon works is this:
You place your order and have 30 minutes to cancel the order which the status for is "Not Yet Shipped."
After 30 minutes your status changes to "Shipping Soon" and the merchant is notified of the order.
At this point you'd have to contact the merchant to cancel your order or make any changes as this is when Amazon charges your card and gives the merchant access to the funds.
I can't say for sure that placing your order claims one of the available kits in that 30 minute buffer, but I believe it does.
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

MeHoo

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 10:19:31 PM »
I was watching the "xx left in stock" and after I placed my order it dropped to 2. 

I'm hoping they actually have them.  If not, oh well, I'll wait like everyone else.  Amazon really screwed themselves over on this.  I talked to them about the battery grip too, and said their pre-order price was ridiculously high, so they said i could click the "notify of a cheaper price" link, to which I did, and they sent me a snarky "it isn't released yet so the price can change" email.. well duh.. but at least you should be matching the MSRP..

They dropped the ball.  Their marketing/web/CS/shipping departments are not even remotely on the same page.. so much so that I'm wondering if they're even in the same book.

jaspurdue

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2012, 10:31:08 PM »
I ordered the 5D Mark III body only on March 2nd at 7:30 AM MST. After no updates and several hours wasted at forums/blogs, I decided to contact the customer service through the chat option.

My first conversation ended abruptly due to internet issues but the customer rep credited my account with $5 for the agony. My second conversation resulted in better understanding of where the product is and what's causing the delay. My shipment was also expedited to a 1 day shipping at the end, thanks to a great Amazon rep.

Amazon specific:
Currently they have started shipping the body kit lens for 5D Mark III.
They are still waiting on the sales department from Canon to sync up with Amazon and officially release the batch lot for 5D Mark III. I don't think I have come across any blog/post where somebody received the positive shipping update on the body only order from Amazon (Please correct me if I am wrong).

It could be mishap on Amazon's end or Canon (or even both) but I don't think they will try to keep the orders on hold just to annoy the customers  ;)

Believe me, I am as frustrated as anyone else out there as I have a business to run and would like to use this camera for a corporate event that I am shooting next weekend. But I can't let this ruin every day of my life until I get the shipment.

Let's see what happens in another day or two.

The only shipment notifications I have seen from Amazon have been for body only, I have not seen any kit shipping notifications.  I am waiting for a kit from Amazon, so it is what I've been looking for.  The kit seems to be very available at every major retailer EXCEPT Amazon.

That's odd since I know one of my photog pal has a shipment notification update for his kit that he ordered from Amazon. He ordered it an hour after I placed the order. Ohh well, I guess will just have to wait.  ::)

ronrandle

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 11:00:53 PM »
Quick update, I received an update e-mail two hours ago and it looks like I'll have my 5D tomorrow :) :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 11:00:53 PM »

ronm88

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 11:31:02 PM »
Quick update, I received an update e-mail two hours ago and it looks like I'll have my 5D tomorrow :) :)

Lucky you! I ordered a body-only at 6am on the 2nd, and no updates. I just cancelled my pre-order because I leave for Mexico on Saturday and didn't want the camera delivered while I was away. Sigh. I'll order again when I get back, but I really would have liked to have the new toy for my trip :-)

Vaz

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2012, 02:45:57 AM »
I feel like they are not serving up orders on a first come, first serve basis. I really hope they get me a saturday delivery. This was the perfect week for me to get a delivery, with my girlfriend on spring break and able to make sure it's picked up. I guess if I decide to get the next best crop sensor to replace my 60d, I know who's going to get it out...after hong kong that is :P

ilikecanonrumors

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2012, 08:37:52 AM »
I ordered from Adorama on 02 Mar, and paid for 3-5 business days shipping.  I received an email yesterday stating the package had shipped, and was scheduled for delivery on the same day!  I received the Mark III at 5:15 that afternoon.  Adorama really went above the call to make sure people were happy.  I was concerned I wouldn't get the camera before April, I never thought I would get it the day it was released!

brandonm

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2012, 10:04:56 AM »
This is such a disappointment, I pulled up Adorama on March 2 when thinking of who to order with.  I order tons as a prime member from Amazon and know how fast and great there shipping is, so I of course used Amazon.  I would have never thought the #1 online retailer would be have this much trouble.

I suggest everyone write an email to jeff@amazon.com for those who don't know Jeff Benzo is CEO of Amazon.  Let him know how you feel and maybe we will get some form of feedback.  Never hurts to try to move up the ladder.

kidnaper

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2012, 10:27:56 AM »
I just got my shipment email! The strange thing, though, is delivery estimate is Monday and I have Prime 1 day shipping. And it's shipping from about 220 miles from my house. I guess we'll see how this plays out. 
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

fotoray

• EOS M2
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »
I ordered the 5D Mark III body only on March 2nd at 7:30 AM MST. After no updates and several hours wasted at forums/blogs, I decided to contact the customer service through the chat option.

My first conversation ended abruptly due to internet issues but the customer rep credited my account with $5 for the agony. My second conversation resulted in better understanding of where the product is and what's causing the delay. My shipment was also expedited to a 1 day shipping at the end, thanks to a great Amazon rep.

Amazon specific:
Currently they have started shipping the body kit lens for 5D Mark III.
They are still waiting on the sales department from Canon to sync up with Amazon and officially release the batch lot for 5D Mark III. I don't think I have come across any blog/post where somebody received the positive shipping update on the body only order from Amazon (Please correct me if I am wrong).

It could be mishap on Amazon's end or Canon (or even both) but I don't think they will try to keep the orders on hold just to annoy the customers  ;)

Believe me, I am as frustrated as anyone else out there as I have a business to run and would like to use this camera for a corporate event that I am shooting next weekend. But I can't let this ruin every day of my life until I get the shipment.

Let's see what happens in another day or two.

The only shipment notifications I have seen from Amazon have been for body only, I have not seen any kit shipping notifications.  I am waiting for a kit from Amazon, so it is what I've been looking for.  The kit seems to be very available at every major retailer EXCEPT Amazon.

I've ordered the kit from Amazon early on 3/2.  I received email that my order with ship on 4/2,  The website currently says the same.   It seem likely there are more body orders than kits.  Bodies are apparently already shipping, but shipping of kits is later, like mine.   

Has anyone received a kit from Amazon, or been notified of an estimated shipping date?
5D Mk III | 7D | 20D | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 17-85 | EF 17-40 f/4L | EF 24-105 f/4L | EF 70-300 DO | EF-S 60 macro | EF 100L macro | 580EX II | RRS Series 2 tripod | plus many gadgets |

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »

helpful

• EOS M2
  • Ecclesiastes 3:11
    • View Profile
5DIII, 5DII, 7D x5, 6D, T2i, T3, 1D X, 10-22mm, 16-35mm II, 18-55mm II, 18-135mm IS x2, 70-200mm f/2.8L II, 24mm f/1.4L II, 50mm f/1.4, 50mm 1/1.8 II x2, 85mm f/1.8 x2, 100mm f/2 x2, 135mm f/2L x2, 200mm f/2.8L II x2, 1.4X III, 2.0X II, 60mm f/2.8 Macro, etc. only had room to list a few Canon items

adamoe

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2012, 04:05:54 PM »
I ordered from Amazon on the 8th.  Still not shipped. still listed as pre-order, not yet released.
I just spoke to Amazon Chat Support - COMPLETELY useless.. guy knew nothing - said their technical support also knew nothing..

amazon and BH were SUPPOSED to be the first to get it. reason i ordered from Amazon is cos i get 5%back on my Chase Card on Amazon orders this month lol and also, i normally use Amazon for Everything.

I would go to the normal retailer near me in San Jose some other guy mentioned in a previous post, however, by ordering on Amazon, they're for some reason not charging me State Sales Tax for CA? thats 10% almost which is a wopping 350$ almost.. i can wait a few more days for 350$.

Whoever bought it at a dealer here in California, did you pay sales tax? whats the total then?

Adam

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2012, 04:05:54 PM »