Gear Talk > Canon General

Is Amazon selling fake LP-E6 batteries or did Canon change design?

<< < (3/9) > >>

unkbob:
Judging by the hologram, I've come to the conclusion that the packaging is real but the battery is fake. You can easily open the packaging without damaging it, and it seems that someone has swapped out a real for a fake battery. Possibly a previous customer of this same seller, who subsequently returned the item.

Nice little scam, that. Buy £10 knockoffs from ebay, swap them for real ones from Amazon and return the knockoffs to Amazon.

tjc320:
The bottom of your new battery looks just like all my batteries. Including the one that came with my 5D. Is it possible that your old batteries were fakes?

CanineCandidsByL:
Contact Canon. They can help you confirm one way or the other.  They may not be able to do anyting to help you, but with your assistance they may be help others by going after the company or individuals involved.

msdarkroom:
I received a fake from Amazon last year (3rd party fulfilled by Amazon). I returned it, was refunded, and went to B&H online.

unkbob:

--- Quote from: tjc320 on March 19, 2012, 12:09:51 PM ---The bottom of your new battery looks just like all my batteries. Including the one that came with my 5D. Is it possible that your old batteries were fakes?

--- End quote ---

No. My old batteries include those which came with the original cameras (5d2 + 7D). Check your batteries - I bet the date stamp is on metallic silver ink. On this new one the ink is grey. Also, I bet your Canon batteries have the yellow/orange covers, not the brown / orange one I posted. The brown / orange is the same type used by the Energizers, and it's a bit more rubbery.

I'm sending it back to Amazon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version