July 28, 2014, 09:47:45 AM

Author Topic: Heading to London, mate? Better keep your lens cap on!  (Read 8558 times)

JerryBruck

Re: Heading to London, mate? Better keep your lens cap on!
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 02:47:07 PM »
They're coming for you briansquibb, can you hear the footsteps yet?  They're on the scent, their Attitude Detectors dialed up to ISO 125,000! -- hard maybe tell chalk from cheese in all the noise but who cares?  It's Olympics, imagine! Drop that lens, raise those sneaky hands, turn slowly to the wall!  We'll leave the light on for you.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 02:47:07 PM »

briansquibb

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 02:59:04 PM »

They're coming for you briansquibb, can you hear the footsteps yet?  They're on the scent, their Attitude Detectors dialed up to ISO 125,000! -- hard maybe tell chalk from cheese in all the noise but who cares?  It's Olympics, imagine! Drop that lens, raise those sneaky hands, turn slowly to the wall!  We'll leave the light on for you.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

briansquibb

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
Cuddly police in the UK

Kernuak

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Avalon Light Photoart
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2012, 01:06:29 PM »
One other thing to bear in mind, the Guardian have a history of "having an agenda". For example, last year there was a serious accident on the M5 involving over 30 vehicles. Not long after the Guardian used it rather perversely to bang their drum about speed limits and how they should be reduced, even though there was no evidence that speed was a contributing factor in the accident.
While I'm not saying there haven't been issues in the past few years, we are only seeing one side of the story here. For all we know, the journalists/photographers could have deliberately been acting furtively to attract attention to themselves and provoke a reaction. Personally, I have a healthy dose of doubt when it comes to anything the media are reporting, I've seen too many cases of distorted facts and deliberately misleading reports that have elements of truth, but are missing the important aspects. It's like photographing a relaxing country scene, to promote peaceful walks, without informing the viewer that there is a busy and noisy motorway bridge above.
Canon 5D MkIII, 7D, 300mm L IS f/2.8 and a few other L's

briansquibb

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 02:01:41 PM »
One other thing to bear in mind, the Guardian have a history of "having an agenda". For example, last year there was a serious accident on the M5 involving over 30 vehicles. Not long after the Guardian used it rather perversely to bang their drum about speed limits and how they should be reduced, even though there was no evidence that speed was a contributing factor in the accident.
While I'm not saying there haven't been issues in the past few years, we are only seeing one side of the story here. For all we know, the journalists/photographers could have deliberately been acting furtively to attract attention to themselves and provoke a reaction. Personally, I have a healthy dose of doubt when it comes to anything the media are reporting, I've seen too many cases of distorted facts and deliberately misleading reports that have elements of truth, but are missing the important aspects. It's like photographing a relaxing country scene, to promote peaceful walks, without informing the viewer that there is a busy and noisy motorway bridge above.

Guardian is very left wing and definitely anti esablishment

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 08:15:45 PM »
Cuddly police in the UK

i think you need to photoshop a setting donut in that bit of negative space on the right they are both looking right at it!
APS-H Fanboy

briansquibb

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 01:52:31 AM »
Cuddly police in the UK

i think you need to photoshop a setting donut in that bit of negative space on the right they are both looking right at it!

In the UK that would be a bacon sarnie

Click on this and smell the breakfast ....
http://www.squibb.org.uk/pictures/IMG_6942x.JPG

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 01:52:31 AM »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:46 AM »
Cuddly police in the UK

lol everything tastes better with bacon!
APS-H Fanboy

kdsand

• Canon 70D
  • Newt II a human stampede
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 04:13:53 AM »
Cuddly police in the UK

lol everything tastes better with bacon!

:P
So now pork products. :o
 :P
60D, t2i, Magic Lantern, Manfrotto, Joby, Domke, SanDisk and excetera excetera

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 04:13:53 AM »