December 22, 2014, 05:10:30 PM

Author Topic: Adorama 5D Mark III Pre Order Shipping & Order Status  (Read 16866 times)

picture-this

Re: Adorama 5D Mark III Pre Order Shipping & Order Status
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2012, 06:52:37 PM »
Hey, I got the good news by email from Adorama!!

Email says...
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:03 PM
Shipping Notification
Thanks for your order!Your order has been packed and has been assigned a tracking number(s). It will ship by the end of today. Please find all shipping details below.

Adorama account info says...

Phase #1:  Packed March 21, 2012 / SubTotal: $3,499.00 / Tax: $0.00 / Shipping $0.00 / Total: $3,499.00
Canon EOS-5D Mark III Digital SLR Camera Body, 22.3 Megapixels - USA Warranty
(ICA5DM3) 1

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2012, 06:52:37 PM »

kirispupis

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2012, 07:42:58 PM »
Unfortunately I just received the following e-mail after I had canceled my order at B&H because a customer service rep at Adorama told me my kit will ship at latest tomorrow:

We received report that our warehouse encountered an error in regards to the numbers of item that we received from Canon. Apparently, the order was not able to get any allocation and may not be able to ship until we receive another shipment from the manufacturer.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Now, thanks to Adorama, it looks like I will not have the camera for an upcoming vacation.
5D3|TS-E 24 II|TS-E 17|TS-E 90|200-400/1.4x|MP-E 65|100/2.8 IS Macro|70-200/2.8 IS II||16-35/2.8 II|EOS M

Live Refocused

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2012, 08:06:51 PM »
Unfortunately I just received the following e-mail after I had canceled my order at B&H because a customer service rep at Adorama told me my kit will ship at latest tomorrow:

We received report that our warehouse encountered an error in regards to the numbers of item that we received from Canon. Apparently, the order was not able to get any allocation and may not be able to ship until we receive another shipment from the manufacturer.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Now, thanks to Adorama, it looks like I will not have the camera for an upcoming vacation.

Hmpf. I ordered the kit from there today because I lost faith in B&H (though I haven't canceled B&H yet). Ordered it late, around 5PM ET. I've asked my sales guy (via e-mail), Ari, to confirm the message that you got. If this is true, well, sigh...

kirispupis

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2012, 08:35:59 PM »
It looks like it is some issue with their system.  They even charged my credit card (and failed to automatically refund when they ran out of stock).  I found the camera at uniquephoto, though, and spoke to a representative who was able to take a physical box and put it aside for me to ship out tomorrow. :)

Normally I have had good experiences with Adorama, but this is not one of them.
5D3|TS-E 24 II|TS-E 17|TS-E 90|200-400/1.4x|MP-E 65|100/2.8 IS Macro|70-200/2.8 IS II||16-35/2.8 II|EOS M

fugu82

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2012, 10:17:20 PM »
Um. This has me concerned. CS told me that it would ship today or tomorrow, my status then went from "Pending" to "Processing", but now it's back to "Pending".

1sicknickel

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2012, 11:03:53 PM »
This also has me concerned because I had the same exact thing happen but if all else fails I will cancel my order and buy the kit from Beach Camera and sell the lens.
Um. This has me concerned. CS told me that it would ship today or tomorrow, my status then went from "Pending" to "Processing", but now it's back to "Pending".

snowweasel

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Blanchard Photography
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 12:36:24 AM »
I have a tracking number, and I just ordered the kit/bundle yesterday afternoon! Looks like I may have gotten lucky, but personally, I couldn't be happier with Adorama right now!

I'm still kind of wondering if their bundle deal was accidental, somehow, since the mk iii seems to be selling well and it was up for such a short time.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 12:36:24 AM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 12:56:46 AM »
I ordered body only from Adorama, it was later in the Day.  Mine still says pending.  i'm kinda hoping they delay another day and I get a additional day to pay off my credit card, since 3/22 is the cutoff.

OOPS, I checked my CC and Adorama ran a charge this afternoon, so it will likely be shipped tomorrow.  Too bad, one day more and I'd have another month to pay.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:00:39 AM by Mt Spokane Photography »

Macadameane

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 01:03:06 AM »
I ordered early on, and despite getting free shipping, I will be seeing it on Monday according to tracking.

frisk

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 03:49:37 AM »
It looks like Adorama got enough kits to fill all the kit preorders, and still have kits left over, as they seem to be in stock at this moment.

As for the "body only", it seems that they got enough to fill all the preorders placed for the first few days after the announcement - It seems everyone who ordered early has had their cards or Paypal accounts charged, and their orders have gone from Pending to Packed to Shipped, but those who ordered later are still waiting.

So, just wondering - when was the last "body only" order placed that did get filled yesterday?   On March 3rd, 4th? 9th?

ssimmonsphoto

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2012, 06:45:48 AM »
This also has me concerned because I had the same exact thing happen but if all else fails I will cancel my order and buy the kit from Beach Camera and sell the lens.
I'm in the same boat. But they've charged my credit card (shows as pending transaction on 3/21) so I'm still holding out hope it ships today. I got the free shipping, but still expect to see it next week.

gravediggingaditch

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2012, 08:11:56 AM »
Ordered march 2nd @ 12:45 am. EST.
It's "shipped" and Apparently on its way.

BODY ONLY
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:01:02 AM by gravediggingaditch »

Live Refocused

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2012, 09:43:38 AM »
I'm in the same boat. But they've charged my credit card (shows as pending transaction on 3/21) so I'm still holding out hope it ships today. I got the free shipping, but still expect to see it next week.

I ordered the kit at 5PM ET yesterday. Based on the reported "warehouse error," I called Adorama at 9:35AM ET today to see if I could get confirmation of the error. The CSR didn't know anything about it, but she did assure me that my specific order was picked, would go out today, and I would receive tracking information later. She sounded confident; I told her I appreciated her confidence and that I would join her in that as soon as I had a tracking number.

Until I receive that, I'm not going to cancel B&H - better to have to return one than get neither.

She was very pleasant. Given the week they may be having, that's to be commended.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2012, 09:43:38 AM »

mirrorrim

« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2012, 10:58:14 AM »
Well I ordered March 2nd around 11am EST for body only and no shipping confirmation..not even packing. Still says pending and I have a charge on my credit card from Mar 21.

ssimmonsphoto

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2012, 11:06:41 AM »
Well I ordered March 2nd around 11am EST for body only and no shipping confirmation..not even packing. Still says pending and I have a charge on my credit card from Mar 21.
Same here on the no shipping confirmation and packing. Still have the pending charge on my credit card. Like some of us, your order probably switched from pending to processing and pending at some point yesterday and you didn't catch it. I'm just a notorious page refresher and happened to see the change, which lasted less than an hour.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2012, 11:06:41 AM »