May 27, 2018, 12:13:37 PM

Author Topic: 5D III - is in stock at Cruchfield - no sale tax  (Read 28915 times)

kimloris

Re: 5D III - is in stock at Cruchfield - no sale tax
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 06:20:57 PM »
you have to call customer service (800 606 6969) but it is probably close by now (close at 6pm EST).
You cannot cancel online (except right after making an order) and you cannot cancel through the chat.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 06:20:57 PM »

jlev23

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 06:27:23 PM »
oh well, I'm trying to do it through the chat right now. i guess i better just wake up early and cancel, but they confirm before they ship right? or do they go ahead and charge and ship without double checking with the buyer?
5D MKIII

jlev23

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 06:29:07 PM »
you have to call customer service (800 606 6969) but it is probably close by now (close at 6pm EST).
You cannot cancel online (except right after making an order) and you cannot cancel through the chat.
funny enough i also ordered through adorama, is it the same thing?
or can i cancel with them before morning too?
5D MKIII

kimloris

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »
oh well, I'm trying to do it through the chat right now. i guess i better just wake up early and cancel, but they confirm before they ship right? or do they go ahead and charge and ship without double checking with the buyer?
They charge and ship without checking with you before (it's the case in most stores) but they will notify you that they shipped and give you the UPS-Fedex tracking number.

I don't know about ADORAMA, probably the same.

I would be sure to wake up early tomorrow and call Customer Service (in case that they ship tomorrow) not to be charged.
It will take some time to return the camera and be refund. (unless you return next day by air for a premium)

jlev23

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 06:32:58 PM »
i cancelled through chat!!!
5D MKIII

jlev23

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 06:34:32 PM »
They charge and ship without checking with you before (it's the case in most stores) but they will notify you that they shipped and give you the UPS-Fedex tracking number.

I don't know about ADORAMA, probably the same.

I would be sure to wake up early tomorrow and call Customer Service (in case that they ship tomorrow) not to be charged.
It will take some time to return the camera and be refund. (unless you return next day by air for a premium)
i cancelled through chat!!!
now for adorama, I'm nervous because what if crutchfield makes a mistake and send me a 5d mK2 or something, haha!
5D MKIII

kimloris

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »
Good job !

They didn't allow me to do that. The "chat guy" told me to call CS.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »

jlev23

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 06:37:39 PM »
Good job !

They didn't allow me to do that. The "chat guy" told me to call CS.
i guess it depend what guy(sitting on his couch) you get, i made it seem really important and that i needed to free up my credit card in order to buy something else :)
ask for matt c. next time :)
5D MKIII

otsink

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 06:51:48 PM »
Thanks for the 411. Since I didn't pre-order, I was debating who to order from. Problem Solved  ;D

Dylan777

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 07:09:32 PM »
I just got my from Crutchfield no sale tax of course- they will ship out tomorrow & will arrive home this friday. Will cancel from BH....hurry guys

http://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/canon_5d_III.html

AWESOME guys....I received a phone call from Crutchfield's CS and I was told my 5D III got shipped today. I used 2-3 days shipping service, so it will arrive this coming thursday   :)

I have to call BH tomorrow to cancel my pre-order. Oh well....sorry BH...can't wait any longer

wamsankas

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 07:10:56 PM »
body is sold out i grabbed a kit.... im gonna sell off my 'old' 24-105 and have a fresh one.. I will cancel my b&h order in the morning. im pretty sure what happened was the cameras came from the pacific across the US from the west so the further west the sooner they had them (crutchfield in viriginia) had them today BH probably tomorrow.

grahamsz

• EOS Rebel SL2
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 07:11:28 PM »
I got the second to last kit. Will be here Friday. Cancelled my Amazon and local store orders.

jlev23

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 07:21:07 PM »
I got the second to last kit. Will be here Friday. Cancelled my Amazon and local store orders.
how did you know you got the second to last kit? just curious.
yeah, now it says sold out!
phew.
i literally had to just call a producer and tell him id have it for my job next week :)
5D MKIII

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 07:21:07 PM »

bman6266

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 07:22:34 PM »
As per the post earlier about crutchfield having them in stock:

I wanted a body only, but seeing as how crutchfield is already out of body-only's, I decided I'll just nab the body+lens combo and sells the lens. It's good price on the lens anyways.

So, I ordered that kit just a few minutes ago 4:00pm ish. I called to confirm that I had a MK III with my name on it, they said yes and that there are even a few more of that kit in stock.

So if anyone is THAT anxious and doesn't mind fronting the extra several hundred dollars, HIT CRUTCHFIELD UP ASAP! Also apparently with their rewards program I'll get a couple hundred bucks worth of crutchfield gift card for this order too. I down!

Oh, and, with overnight shipping, they say my order should arrive Thursday  SO excited. ;D Hope they weren't BSing me.

jlev23

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »
As per the post earlier about crutchfield having them in stock:

I wanted a body only, but seeing as how crutchfield is already out of body-only's, I decided I'll just nab the body+lens combo and sells the lens. It's good price on the lens anyways.

So, I ordered that kit just a few minutes ago 4:00pm ish. I called to confirm that I had a MK III with my name on it, they said yes and that there are even a few more of that kit in stock.

So if anyone is THAT anxious and doesn't mind fronting the extra several hundred dollars, HIT CRUTCHFIELD UP ASAP! Also apparently with their rewards program I'll get a couple hundred bucks worth of crutchfield gift card for this order too. I down!

Oh, and, with overnight shipping, they say my order should arrive Thursday  SO excited. ;D Hope they weren't BSing me.
rewards program???
5D MKIII

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »