April 17, 2014, 04:12:06 PM

Author Topic: Chromatic aberration and LR4  (Read 1847 times)

aldvan

Chromatic aberration and LR4
« on: March 21, 2012, 03:17:04 AM »
I can't find in LR4 the good old chromatic aberration tool. Is there any new tool under different name or what? I found it very helpful and efficient, so I'm missing it, but I can't beleive they just cancelled it.
TIA

canon rumors FORUM

Chromatic aberration and LR4
« on: March 21, 2012, 03:17:04 AM »

selltax

Re: Chromatic aberration and LR4
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 03:53:34 AM »
You can find it under the tab "Lens Corrections"  it's now a one click check box, automatic chromatic aberration correction checkbox (c/a taken out of lens profiles)

aldvan

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 11:28:35 AM »
Thank you, I found it. By the way, LR4 seems to allow less manual corrections to the image. After updating a previously LR3 processed image, the menu is shortened removing some traditional tools like 'recovery', 'fill light' or, as I stetd in mey question, 'chromatic aberration' (in manual format). Although LR4 algorythms seem to work very well, I miss the old chance to process manually some image parameters...

padillabowen

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 01:36:26 PM »
Actually, the LR4 CA tool is a lot worse than LR3.  LR3 was GREAT, better than anything else I tried. LR4 still leaves CA in the photo, and therefore it costs me a lot of valuable time to go back to photoshop to manually remove it. The manual controls are gone now, and the automatic control is LAME.

I'm making a personal point of making a stink about it because I do like a lot of the features in LR4, but I actually can't use it, and I won't buy it because they ruined one of my mission critical tools. Please let Adobe know that it has to be fixed!

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »
Adobe has a number of video tutorials.  The user interface has undergone a major upgrade.  The controls not only have new names, but they work much differently.

It would be a huge benefit to a user to watch the videos as a minimum starting point.  Otherwise, there will be a lot of frustration.

http://tv.adobe.com/show/adobe-evangelists-julieanne-kost/
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:49:49 PM by Mt Spokane Photography »

KeithR

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 08:15:34 AM »
the menu is shortened removing some traditional tools like 'recovery', 'fill light'
Because they're not needed - the new functionality is far more capable, but you need to relearn old ways to get the best out of them.

It took me about ten minutes, and now wild horses - with guns - couldn't drag back to Lr 3 editing.

Alker

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 08:45:30 AM »
If you like the old way editing from LR 3 and still want
to use LR 4 then change to 2010 Process Version select that option from the Process menu.

Easy as that.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 08:45:30 AM »