November 23, 2014, 02:52:41 AM

Author Topic: Skewed diagonal lines, dpr studio shots with D4, 5D2, 1D4... not on 7D, D800  (Read 1267 times)

Wrathwilde

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Anarchy Photography
Odd image skewing in dpr's studio scene comparison. If you move the image view portion to the black and white pinwheel located directly below the images center cross point you will notice that on most sensors, including the D4 and the Canon 5DMk2 that some of the spines of the wheel are skewed, in both raw and jpeg images.

In the Nikon D4 I see a skewed line run horizontally across the diameter, just above the center point, and a vertically skewed line at the far left of the pinwheel. The Canon 1DMk4 has the same problem, in almost the exact same positions as the D4, only more pronounced.

For the Canon 5DMk2 I see a horizontal skewing about a 1/4 way from the top of the wheel, no vertical skewing though.

The Nikon D800, Canon 7D, and the Leica M9 don't exhibit the same behavior though.

Any ideas on whether this is indeed flaws with the sensors, or with the imaging software?

canon rumors FORUM

Wrathwilde

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Anarchy Photography
You can see the skewing in the attached screenshot. Anybody have any idea whether it's a sensor or processing glitch? It shows up in both raw and jpg comparisons. on second look it is there in the D800 sample, just not nearly as noticeable.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 03:14:11 AM by Wrathwilde »

canon rumors FORUM