May 26, 2018, 08:23:09 AM

Author Topic: EOS Rebel XS  (Read 1900 times)

Sportyman140

EOS Rebel XS
« on: March 23, 2012, 08:45:17 AM »
I bought the Rebel XS back in 2010 and really have been enjoying it. I was wondering if allot of other people have the same camera?.? I have been Learning by using PHOTO WORKSHOP Books and would like to build up my skills. So if any of you Canon owners of the Rebel XS would like to converse and share experiences with and about the Rebel XS I am more than willing and wanting to learn more.

canon rumors FORUM

EOS Rebel XS
« on: March 23, 2012, 08:45:17 AM »

wrack_of_lamb

Re: EOS Rebel XS
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 09:12:28 AM »
I have the Rebel Xs (aka 1000D). I bought it on sale when there were rebates at the start of January 2009, and it is still worth every penny. As my first DSLR, I learned a lot about RAW workflow and the upgrade to 10 mp was great. (Prior to that camera I shot mostly with a 35mm SLR and 6x9 rangefinder, as well as a couple of point and shoot digital cameras.)

I'm not sure what you are looking to learn, or if I am able to teach you anything (you've had ample time to learn), but I'd be happy to share what I know.

For me, the most important area to get everthing I could out of the camera was understanding how the metering modes would react to a given set of lighting conditions and how to fine tune it to make sure I got the photograph I wanted.

Sportyman140

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 10:40:14 AM »
Hey, i appreciate the response..... ! I guess I am like allot of others out there working with a tight budget these days. I have been playing around with nature and Macro photos I would really love to take great shots like I have seen online since I started taking up this learning experience. I am going to look at some extension tubes today at a camera store locally owned for the Macro Photography. Looking online on eBay and other places similar I am just confused some times or should I say overwhelmed with info. Then I get nervous about buying the wrong lens or accessory too. I don't mind buying pre-owned equipment either. I would love to become a professional photographer, do you think it can be done with a EOS Rebel XS?

Sportyman140

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:59:31 PM »
Here is one of my photos I took of my neighbors dog

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:59:31 PM »