October 23, 2014, 08:44:48 AM

Author Topic: Amazon is shipping tonight March 21 5D3 bodies ordered March 2  (Read 7902 times)

Nick888

Re: Amazon is shipping tonight March 21 5D3 bodies ordered March 2
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 12:32:33 PM »
Now the B&H is already notify they have both the body and kit in stock. Amazon seems to be the last one. Now just hope it's not toooooo behind.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 12:32:33 PM »

cowanrg

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 12:33:05 PM »
I'll give it to next week and then I might look for other options.  In the meantime, my 60D still takes perfectly fine images.  It hasn't degraded in quality since I got it... 

WilliamG

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 12:39:27 PM »
Shipping soon!
Oh, and I received the order confirmation email at 2:33:02 AM CST.

You often see the shipping soon message on Amazon if something has changed in regards to the shipping speed, payment method etc. I don't know about this case, but I'm guessing it's not really shipping soon. It's a glitch on Amazon's end. I had that with my MK III kit when I changed my payment method last week. It went to shipping soon status, and then 2 days later went back to not yet shipped.

MeHoo

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 12:42:15 PM »
Exactly.. I'd love to see the delivery dates before I believe any of this.  I changed the payment options and saw that then it was gone.

On another note, they did say if you update shipping addresses, credit cards, etc before it's charged and shipped, you're fine and don't lose your place in line.

just FYI

aloper

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 12:53:05 PM »
If you login to your Amazon account, directly on the webiste, goto "my orders" under account. Check the status there..if it does say "Shipping Soon"...it basically means they have the camera and it's either waiting to be packed for shipping or it's already been boxed up and waiting for UPS/Fed-Ex, etc. pickup.

As an FYI, once an order status changes to "Shipping Soon", you can't cancel it. If you can't wait and decide to run out to a local shop or somewhere else online to buy the camera, you can refuse delivery or do a return if it does get delivered while your not home or at the location where they attempt delivery...

Sadly, my order is still showing "Not Shipped"...I'll give it through next week and if there are other places that have it, I'll maybe cancel my order and try somewhere else...

MeHoo

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 01:04:31 PM »
Shipping soon!
Oh, and I received the order confirmation email at 2:33:02 AM CST.

You ordered 15 minutes after me.  :/

thatguy

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 01:26:53 PM »
I just got done chatting with Amazon.  I ordered the body only and got my confirmation email on March 2nd at 6:11am EST.  If the information below is true than those of us that haven't received shipping info or at least "shipping soon" status may be waiting a while.  I do find it hard to believe that Amazon.com wouldn't receive additional shipments until May 7th but that's what they told me.  I just ordered with Crutchfield, they seem confident they can ship the body tomorrow...we shall see.

Me:do you have any idea when this item will be in stock?
There are dozens of other smaller stores that have this item in stock, I'm shocked amazon is lagging so badly

Mariel:Sure, the estimate arrival date for the next shipment from Canon is on May 07th 2012

Me:So you already received the first shipment from Canon and my order was not part of that allotment?

Mariel:No, we sold the ones that we had on stock on our fulfillment center, but due to a high demand the supplier hasn't been able to send us more items.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 01:26:53 PM »

MARKOE PHOTOE

• EOS M2
  • Photography is a love affair with life.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.markoe.smugmug.com
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 01:30:14 PM »
Just rec'd a text message from Amazon stating my order for 5D3, body only, will arrive March 23rd by 8PM.  So, they do have some stock to ship.  Calling customer service is a waste of time and just adds to the frustration. They just read the prompts that we read on line.
Yeah baby, come to papa. :)
A few cameras and lenses and a lot of creative energy and imagination.
"You never learn anything until you mess it up."

aloper

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 01:38:35 PM »
Wow! I posted just a half hour ago that my order was still showing as "not shipped"...A few minutes ago, I was checking my credit card account doing bills and I see the charge on my card from Amazon for the camera, listed as being applied 15 minutes ago...Jumped back over to Amazon and now my order is showing "Shipping Soon"!!!

For all of you that have orders with Amazon...hold out hope!

MARKOE PHOTOE

• EOS M2
  • Photography is a love affair with life.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.markoe.smugmug.com
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 01:41:31 PM »
'The Eagle has landed' or in other words, AMAZON IS SHIPPING and SO IS B&H. I had orders at both and just got emails from both, today, at 10:30am PST.  I ordered bodies only via UPS overnight.  I will obviously sell one after I have both orders in hand.
A few cameras and lenses and a lot of creative energy and imagination.
"You never learn anything until you mess it up."

thatguy

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 01:45:30 PM »
'The Eagle has landed' or in other words, AMAZON IS SHIPPING and SO IS B&H. I had orders at both and just got emails from both, today, at 10:30am PST.  I ordered bodies only via UPS overnight.  I will obviously sell one after I have both orders in hand.

Those of you getting shipping notices from Amazon.com...when did you place your order?  My order was placed at 6:11am on March 2nd, I haven't heard anyone that late have any success yet...

callaesthetics

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 01:50:26 PM »
I oredered on March 2nd 2:16am CST and still showing "Not yet shipped". :(

siliconhybrid

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 01:50:43 PM »
I just received the email shipping notice from Amazon. One day delivery from Nevada to Bay Area California.

I ordered March 2, 1AM Pacific

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 01:50:43 PM »

Vaz

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 01:59:42 PM »
I got my email at 3:20pm est on march 2. Still no shipping or charge on my card :( I'm going crazy with anxiety.

Nick888

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 02:00:13 PM »
I just received the email shipping notice from Amazon. One day delivery from Nevada to Bay Area California.

I ordered March 2, 1AM Pacific

Can you please show the email?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 02:00:13 PM »