December 21, 2014, 01:24:33 AM

Author Topic: (CAN) Henry's extended warranty of 5D3  (Read 1670 times)

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
(CAN) Henry's extended warranty of 5D3
« on: March 22, 2012, 11:45:26 AM »
I have the option of buying an extended warranty on the 5D3 for $469 or the entire kit at $599. This would give me the following for a total of four years:
Anti-Lemon Protection
30 Day Price Protection
90 Day Defective Exchange
Global Coverage

http://www.henrys.com/Henrys-Extended-Life-Plan.aspx

1- I know it is only insurance, do any of you have any experience with this, good or bad, that you can share?
2- Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance.

canon rumors FORUM

(CAN) Henry's extended warranty of 5D3
« on: March 22, 2012, 11:45:26 AM »

Daniel Flather

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: (CAN) Henry's extended warranty of 5D3
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:48:08 AM »
Unless you shoot 10k+ images a month and you're hard on gear, that's a hefty insurance premium.  For my use I would not buy the insurance.  I've only once had an issue with Canon gear, I had the AF die on a 200/2.8L I once owned, it was fixed under Canon's warranty.   
| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100/2.8 | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

rhommel

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 12:12:19 PM »
i think you are better off with the Canon Warranty.. 4 years is a long time.. do you think you'll still be owning your 5d3 in 4 years? is the warranty transferrable? just in case you decide to sell?

personally, I for one am SURE that my 5d3 will be gone in +/- 3 years.

n8fire

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 12:15:42 PM »
I honestly would not bother... It's too expensive.  I had my mirror assembly break on my 5D2 after 2 years and a half of use and the cost to get it serviced by Canon was only 250$...

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 12:29:40 PM »
i think you are better off with the Canon Warranty.. 4 years is a long time.. do you think you'll still be owning your 5d3 in 4 years? is the warranty transferrable? just in case you decide to sell?

personally, I for one am SURE that my 5d3 will be gone in +/- 3 years.
Yes, it is transferrable and would likely help with a potential sale down the road, say three years out. It is a lot of ca$h for insurance trhough, that is why I thought I would ask peoples opinion.

Mackcam

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 01:32:17 PM »
I have the option of buying an extended warranty on the 5D3 for $469 or the entire kit at $599. This would give me the following for a total of four years:
Anti-Lemon Protection
30 Day Price Protection
Global Coverage

1- I know it is only insurance, do any of you have any experience with this, good or bad, that you can share?
2- Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi!  My name is Desiree and I am the Customer Relations Supervisor for Mack Camera.  Please let me know if I can answer any specific questions regarding our extended warranties.  I can be reached via email at helpdesk@mackcam.com.
Thank you,
Desiree

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 04:35:22 PM »
Anti-Lemon Protection
30 Day Price Protection
Global Coverage

2- Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi!  My name is Desiree and I am the Customer Relations Supervisor for Mack Camera.  Please let me know if I can answer any specific questions regarding our extended warranties.  I can be reached via email at helpdesk@mackcam.com.
Thank you,
Desiree

Thanks Desiree, its nice to have suppliers post helpful topics. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 04:35:22 PM »