August 28, 2014, 03:20:33 AM

Author Topic: 5D Mark III queue at BestBuy  (Read 4836 times)

editreject

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: 5D Mark III queue at BestBuy
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 11:10:39 AM »
Assuming editreject is from TX, it looks like he had his review up a few days ago...but it could be someone else.

Nope.  I am in Delaware.
Canon 6D, Fuji X-T1, Fuji X100s

editreject

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »
I saw this post following a second Best Buy post, and not to warrant a repost, but here is what I recently posted- hoping maybe someone following either of these posts will have some tips or ideas that can be of help:

---
Not sure, haven't called Best Buy to check, but I pre-ordered about 5 days ago and was immediately put on back order status as seems normal with the rest.

Today, I got a notification saying it's still on back order. Still value all of the points I'll be attaining through the Best Buy purchase, plus since I bought it on their website, I should be getting 5% cash back through Discover so I am too vested to swap, but was curious if anyone thought it was worth attempting to find one of the 5d3's in stock and swapping to a pick up order. I purchased the kit, however, and not the body alone.

Anyone think it's worth a shot? I noticed some posters were posting around 5pm and it's only 3pm here in Southern Cali, so I'm not sure if that means I should wait until a little later today before calling. I got into photography about 5 or 6 years ago, got a 20D which I've been using since and lusting after the Mark II and finally saved up and chose to bite the bullet thanks to this release :) So eager to start shooting.

I think it is worth a shot since pre-order/backorder status of online orders for them seem to have the most questions around fulfillment.  Probably depends on the CS rep you get when you call too.  The one I had was extremely helpful.  Good luck.

I cannot wait to start seriously shooting with this camera.  It feels so solid in the hands.  I just got back from Photoshop World in DC and while many people bring their cameras there to shoot, I did not feel like carrying it around all weekend yet I was thinking about it the whole time.   
Canon 6D, Fuji X-T1, Fuji X100s

CanineCandidsByL

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 11:41:37 PM »
Has anyone who stayed with bestbuy & ship to home/office actually received a ship confirmation?  Last change was Sun night when it changed from back ordered to in process.  I really thought it would ship today.

CanineCandidsByL

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »
And, I finally got a shipping notice.  Don't where its coming from or when it should arrive, but UPS will be bringing it soon.

Yippie!

----------------------------------------

UPDATE: Its shipping from KY and will be here tomorrow. A week later than many others, but I'm still happy.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:25:46 PM by CanineCandidsByL »