August 01, 2014, 12:13:30 AM

Author Topic: Crutchfield customer service - excellent  (Read 846 times)

msdarkroom

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Crutchfield customer service - excellent
« on: March 22, 2012, 12:30:15 PM »
I received a call from Jimmy at Crutchfield today. He called me to apologize for the mess of a situation that occurred yesterday and the day prior.

Background: I was erroneously told that my phone order for a 5DM3 was shipping out Tuesday and would arrive Thursday (which is now today). I received an email confirmation on Tuesday of the order and cancelled my very early preorder with Amazon. Yesterday I checked my Crutchfield order and it had not been processed yet. I called and was told that the 5DM3 that was pulled from inventory wasn't actually pulled from inventory and crutchfield did not know when I would get my item.
At this point a trumpet thundered, the skies turned 18% grey, and 6 locusts per second starting appearing.

Anyway. It was a fiasco and I was disappointed. I cancelled my order and went elsewhere (and received my 5DM3 this morning from the new vendor).

Today I received a call from Jimmy. I did not ask for a call or email a complaint or anything like that. Crutchfield called me, to apologize. The 5DM3 is obviously a very hot item and places are selling out very quickly. Things like what happened to me are painful and shouldn't happen, but people are human and it is what it is. The call was a nice gesture. Apology accepted.

Kudos to Crutchfield for going out of their way to call me. Jimmy did not know that I received a camera from a different vendor and was going to do all that he could to get me one asap. Also, everybody that I spoke with at crutchfield was very well spoken, polite, and understanding. They seem like genuinely nice people to me. Also, they can clearly sell every 5DM3 they get in stock and don't need me for the sale. They went out of their way to right a wrong. This rarely happens these days. Good for them.

Try calling Amazon and see if you can even understand whoever it is you speak with. Join an Amazon chat with a rep and it is often very clear that the typed response you receive is a cut and paste job.

I thought I'd share a positive customer service experience. I didn't end up making my purchase through Crutchfield but I will certainly be using them in the future.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:32:34 PM by msdarkroom »

canon rumors FORUM

Crutchfield customer service - excellent
« on: March 22, 2012, 12:30:15 PM »

tony_e

Re: Crutchfield customer service - excellent
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 12:34:02 PM »
I received a call from Jimmy at Crutchfield today. He called me to apologize for the mess of a situation that occurred yesterday and the day prior.

Background: I was erroneously told that my phone order for a 5DM3 was shipping out Tuesday and would arrive Thursday (which is now today). I received an email confirmation on Tuesday of the order and cancelled my very early preorder with Amazon. Yesterday I checked my Crutchfield order and it had not been processed yet. I called and was told that the 5DM3 that was pulled from inventory wasn't actually pulled from inventory and crutchfield did not know when I would get my item.
At this point a trumpet thundered, the skies turned 18% grey, and 6 locusts per second starting appearing.

Anyway. It was a fiasco and I was disappointed. I cancelled my order and went elsewhere (and received my 5DM3 this morning from the new vendor).

Today I received a call from Jimmy. I did not ask for a call or email a complaint or anything like that. Crutchfield called me, to apologize. The 5DM3 is obviously a very hot item and places are selling out very quickly. Things like what happened to me are painful and shouldn't happen, but people are human and it is what it is. The call was a nice gesture. Apology accepted.

Kudos to Crutchfield for going out of their way to call me. Jimmy did not know that I received a camera from a different vendor and was going to do all that he could to get me one asap. Also, everybody that I spoke with at crutchfield was very well spoken, polite, and understanding. They seem like genuinely nice people to me. Also, they can clearly sell every 5DM3 they get in stock and don't need me for the sale. They went out of their way to right a wrong. This rarely happens these days. Good for them.

Try calling Amazon and see if you can even understand whoever it is you speak with. Join an Amazon chat with a rep and it is often very clear that the typed response you receive is a cut and paste job.

I thought I'd share a positive customer service experience. I didn't end up making my purchase through Crutchfield but I will certainly be using them in the future.

Thanks for sharing. In situations like these where everyone is eager to get their new camera, it's expected to read threads where people and angry and frustrated when things don't quite go their way. I am glad everything worked out for you

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 01:09:37 PM »
Skipping around to different suppliers on the day that bodies have arrived in their warehouse has burned several buyers.  Suppliers are swamped with orders, and inventory errors happen.

Its unfortunate, but the odds of a order being messed up increase when inventory is in such a state of flux.  There can be two people taking orders at once and sell the last camera to two people.

Seamus

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 01:19:32 PM »
Nice post msdarkroom, thanks for sharing. We hear so little about good customer service compared to bad. I had always liked crutchfield and had received good service in the past, glad to see that they still care about the individual. Thanks again.

Dylan777

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • http://dylannguyen.500px.com/home
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 01:48:54 PM »

Enjoy your new toy  ;)
Body: 1DX -- 5D III
Zoom: 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 400L f2.8 IS II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 01:48:54 PM »