August 02, 2014, 05:02:34 AM

Author Topic: cancelled Amazon(5d3) ordered at Cameta(shipping tommorow)  (Read 4314 times)

eskoeunmo

cancelled Amazon(5d3) ordered at Cameta(shipping tommorow)
« on: March 22, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »
hey guys, Cameta(NY shop) camera has 5d3 bodies and kits in stock. i just cancelled by Amazon pre-order. literally just got off the phone with Cameta and the guy said my 5d3 will ship out tomorrow and maybe arrive saturday! (i live in boston). you can also pay through amazon on their site! good luck everyone.

http://www.cameta.com/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-Digital-SLR-Camera-Body-65858.cfm

canon rumors FORUM

cancelled Amazon(5d3) ordered at Cameta(shipping tommorow)
« on: March 22, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »

callaesthetics

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: cancelled Amazon(5d3) ordered at Cameta(shipping tommorow)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 02:45:56 PM »
i did the same except i ordered from Norman, MI and will receive it tomorrow.

etx

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 04:16:48 PM »
Cameta has me freaked out. I ordered from them, the guy said he had ONE in hand and it was mine. Then I see on here they are selling more. Did he lie and they had more stock? Are they just taking orders without stock?

Can you please report back when you get a tracking number?

eskoeunmo

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 04:43:23 PM »
Cameta has me freaked out. I ordered from them, the guy said he had ONE in hand and it was mine. Then I see on here they are selling more. Did he lie and they had more stock? Are they just taking orders without stock?

i ordered last night. and just got an email an hour ago saying it shipped today!! i called them this afternoon and the guy said it will ship tomorrow, such a nice surprise! so glad i cancelled amazon. they must've gotten more stock, give em a call. good luck mate.

PeterPanFan1953

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 07:23:32 PM »

I was one of the ones posting about calling them and having them say they have ONE available and that I bought it (which was around 11:20AM EDT this morning)... I have to say I was starting to get a bit worried as well because of the other posts; however, I am happy to say that about 20mins ago I got shipping confirmation with a tracking number that shows FedEx has picked it up and it is on the way here.  I paid for expedited shipping so they said it would be shipped today and they obviously had it and have sent it as they said they would... cant wait to play with it tomorrow!

Hope you get your shipping confirmation soon!

boozus

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »
Really strange.  I called them and ordered a body only @ 9:30 AM EDT this morning and never got an email that it shipped.  I paid the extra money for overnight shipping.  I eventually called them this afternoon and was told by the customer service lady that they took my order and my credit card was charged, but they do not have any more in stock to fulfill my order.  She also mentioned that they were expecting another shipment tomorrow, but didn't know what time, but my order would be fulfilled tomorrow if they get it in time.  Otherwise, I am out of luck until Monday.

Now it disturbs me even more that you ordered 2 hours after me, but yours made it to shipping.  Did you order the body or the kit? 

This makes me think I should cancel as I have never dealt with Cameta before.  Anyone actually have any dealings with Cameta before this?

etx

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 08:29:11 PM »
I got a 0.01 charge on my card from Cameta. Now, if they have one for me and were going to send it tomorrow why wouldn't they just charge me for it. I have a feeling I shouldn't have ordered from these people.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 08:29:11 PM »

dturano

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 02:38:10 AM »
cameta is a good camera dealer and have been around for a while.  Check out there amazon and ebay track record, 99.9 positive, they dont bull*#&$ people, i think the 5dmk3 has many dealers overwhelmed, hopefully they provide a good experience all around.

also call berger-bros.com they have two stores in ny and while normally a little pricey they are selling the 5dmk3 and kit at list price, call them tomorrow see what there stock is

eskoeunmo

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 02:54:28 AM »
hey guys, i got the shipping confirmation from amazon payments first. couple hours later cameta sent me a confirmation also. i ordered body only. if you guys ordered one while it said "in stock" it should ship tomorrow! its currently "out of stock" now. so i think you guys are in!

bkdavill

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 09:21:30 AM »
Just placed an order with them, gentlemen told me he was 100% certain he was getting a shipment of "body only" in today. Canceling with Adorama now.

kwwalla

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 09:30:47 AM »
The fellow I talked to stated the same to me and since I've had very good dealings with Cameta in the past, I ordered one as well. Hopefully everything will work out for all.

bkdavill

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 09:43:40 AM »
Just hoping him saying "I might not be able to ship today" turns into an e-mail confirming the shipping for today. That would be great since they ship FedEx and they deliver on Saturdays.

boozus

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 10:02:44 AM »
Yeah.  I am going to stay patient and wait it out with them today even though the sales guy over there guaranteed me mine would ship yesterday and of course it didn't.  I still don't get a good feeling about them actually getting more stock today as they claim, but I hope I am wrong.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 10:02:44 AM »

dturano

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 10:37:09 AM »
Body out of stock on there site, but the kit still shows in stock.

http://www.cameta.com/index.cfm?fa=display.search&page=1&keywords=5d%20mark%20III

Maui5150

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 11:42:54 AM »
Cameta is so-so.

I got my 24-105 F/4 L from them.

Things I learned from my transaction that they "don't tell you"

** They make most of their money from "unbundling" items.  They will by the kits and then sell the items separately.  Nothing wrong with this, but just be sure you know what you are getting, so if your order arrives in just a plain white box, don't be surprised. 

** It is not uncommon to be missing the warranty card, especially with the lenses.  I had no problem registering mine with Canon, but then again, sometimes you find out AFTER THE FACT whether a warranty will be honored or not. 

** Not sure if you got the HARD SELL... But they will try and sell you a ton of accessories, cards, cases, etc. 

** ONLY go with NEXT DAY or EXPRESS SHIPPING.  Their standard shipping DOES NOT include tracking, and you should always getting tracking with better items, especially if you need to sign for it. 

Would I buy from them again?  Maybe.  Depends on price... But I know with them generally not to expect a retail box and get a hard sell. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 11:42:54 AM »