July 25, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: Disappointed in Amazon 5D Mark III Preorder  (Read 10108 times)

PageWorks Studios

Re: Disappointed in Amazon 5D Mark III Preorder
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »
It will be interesting to see if anyone else gets a shipping notice today - I can't imagine I'm the only one who is getting their preorder filled. Here's the email:

Hello todd page,
Thank you for shopping with us. We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your item, and that this completes your order. Your order is on its way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item from this shipment or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.com.

Your estimated delivery date is:
Monday, March 26, 2012

Your order was sent to:
Todd Page
----
-------
---------
United States

Your package is being shipped by UPS and the tracking number is [cut]. Depending on the ship speed you chose, it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information. Please note that a signature may be required for the delivery of any package where the value of the contents is greater than $700. If no one will be available to sign for this package, you may wish to make alternate delivery arrangements with the carrier.

Shipment Details

Canon EOS 5D Mark III 22.3 MP Full Frame CMOS Digital SLR Camera (Body)
Sold by Amazon.com LLC (Amazon.com)    $3,499.00

I really hope the rest of you hear from them sooner than later - but it's amazing to me, that the amazon call center still says it's "yet to be released" when they're shipping them out the door.....

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »

The19th

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 05:44:33 PM »
They're trickling out.  My Body Only order from Amazon just now arrived from UPS.  Charging the battery atm.

Order placed: March 2, 6:51am Pacific
Shipping notification received: March 22, 10:31am Pacific
Shipped from the Fernley, NV distribution center to Sacramento, CA
Delivery: March 23, 2:40pm Pacific

Nick888

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »
They're trickling out.  My Body Only order from Amazon just now arrived from UPS.  Charging the battery atm.

Can you please provide us your packaging slip? I want to show it to the Amazon CS cuz they keep saying it's not release yet and they haven't have any yet.

brandonm

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 10:38:19 PM »
Just got the email that Amazon shipped my camera.  "Your Amazon.com order of "Canon EOS 5D Mark III 22.3..." has shipped!"  I preordered early am on March 2nd, order the kit and shipping to Bay Area in California.  Tracking shows in "Shipped on March 23, 2012"

m3tek44

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 10:58:08 PM »
I too placed ordered 3/2 living in Bay Area but body only. I see that CC is pending for charges which means i expect Amazon to ship out my new toy soon.  In addition amazon order status is now changed to "shipping soon".  :-)
5D Mark III/60D (sold) /  24-70mm f2.8L / 16-35mm f2.8L II / 70-200mm f2.8L IS II/ 85mm f1.8/ 580EX II

SeanNY

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 10:38:02 AM »

Can you please provide us your packaging slip? I want to show it to the Amazon CS cuz they keep saying it's not release yet and they haven't have any yet.

Agreed.  A senior Amazon representative swore to me yesterday that they had not shipped a single unit.  I asked her to repeate that twice.  She said she was absolutely sure they had received none from Canon and had not shipped any.  I told her people on blogs were saying they got theirs but she was very clear that this is untrue.

I ordered my camera 2:30 am PST on March 2nd (body only).  I am so pissed off with Amazon I am pulling all my business forever.  I don't mind waiting if necessary but lies really bother me.

By the way, she said they will not be shipping any cameras at all to anyone anytime soon.  She said she estimates their first shipments will ne May 2nd.

jmp2000

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 11:02:59 AM »
Couple of things, I ordered on March 2nd and no word yet on delivery yet.

My gripe with Amazon is the fact they can tell me when. I don't care if its a week , 10 days or whatever just tell me. The fact that I have a order for $3500 with someone who can't give me any details is what angers me. I work on the supply side of the distribution chain and they know when they are getting product so I know they are flat out lying to us on delivery. If they really have no clue they would not have any customers.

Also if you complain to Amazon, ask for them to overnight your shipment at their expense. I had it done without any major complaining and they just changed my order.

If you need one, buy DIRECT from Canon. They say they are shipping on MONDAY. I would but to me paying a extra $300 in California sales taxes is not worth the wait.

By the way, Amazon did just lose a customer for life. Once I get this body shipped I'm done with them.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 11:02:59 AM »

stevestrange

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 01:37:25 PM »
I ordered from Amazon late in the day on 3/2, Bay Area.  Status has changed to "shipping soon" this morning, but no email yet.

iso79

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 01:41:37 PM »
I'm glad I canceled my preorder and saved $300 bucks ordering from Crutchfield.
5D Mark III | 5D Mark II | 17-40mm f/4L | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 35mm f/1.4L | 85mm f/1.2L II | 135mm f/2L

willhuff.net

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 01:50:32 PM »
I put my order in around 6pm on March 2nd. Based off what people who ordered earlier were saying about May delivery I decided to look around. I searched for "camera" on google maps in the metro areas close to my state and found a store that will be shipping it to me on Monday.

Many of the local stores were sold out, but I think if you keep calling you can find one.

RC

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 02:25:45 PM »

Agreed.  A senior Amazon representative swore to me yesterday that they had not shipped a single unit.  I asked her to repeate that twice.  She said she was absolutely sure they had received none from Canon and had not shipped any.  I told her people on blogs were saying they got theirs but she was very clear that this is untrue.

I ordered my camera 2:30 am PST on March 2nd (body only).  I am so pissed off with Amazon I am pulling all my business forever.  I don't mind waiting if necessary but lies really bother me.

By the way, she said they will not be shipping any cameras at all to anyone anytime soon.  She said she estimates their first shipments will ne May 2nd.

Just maybe she is telling the truth and the warehouse she is looking at which services your area for this item does not have stock.   I notice my amazon orders come from lots of different warehouses.   Even photo gears comes from different WHs.   

bernynhel

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 03:17:48 PM »
But Amazon always  a. sucks   b. lies   c. doesn't give a **** what we're goin through so why commit to "never doing business with them again" when you may want to save $200 -300 in sales tax on the next big thing?  It's about like declaring to the freeway you hate commuting on every day you'll never drive on it again.  But since its Amazon, everyone automatically gets an unlimited, multi-use back  that **** up pass on saying "Good-bye forever, Amazon!" , anyway,  just so you know.

RC

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 04:37:45 PM »
But Amazon always  a. sucks   b. lies   c. doesn't give a **** what we're goin through so why commit to "never doing business with them again" when you may want to save $200 -300 in sales tax on the next big thing?  It's about like declaring to the freeway you hate commuting on every day you'll never drive on it again.  But since its Amazon, everyone automatically gets an unlimited, multi-use back  that **** up pass on saying "Good-bye forever, Amazon!" , anyway,  just so you know.

... and you chose this as your first post on CR?     :o.   Might have been better on Amazon.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 04:37:45 PM »

jmp2000

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 04:42:24 PM »

... and you chose this as your first post on CR?     :o.   Might have been better on Amazon.com
Your right but I never had a problem with them until now. I ended up cancelling and ordering from out of state retailer who had it in stock and is only a day away with FedEx Ground.

Nick888

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 09:45:10 PM »
GREAT NEWS!!! My credit card show up the charge and status changed to "shipping soon". I guess Amazon start to have stock. I preordered body only on March 1 around 9:00 PST

Just maybe she is telling the truth and the warehouse she is looking at which services your area for this item does not have stock.   I notice my amazon orders come from lots of different warehouses.   Even photo gears comes from different WHs.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 09:45:10 PM »