October 01, 2014, 07:17:02 AM

Author Topic: 5D III (body only) in stock at Norman.  (Read 4173 times)

CMI

5D III (body only) in stock at Norman.
« on: March 23, 2012, 11:50:33 AM »
Called Norman (in michigan) this morning and they had one.  Ordered and next day shipping via fed ex.  I will have it tomorrow. for the weekend!!!! :)    cancel amazon order. 

Amazon=Epic Fail

One of the first to order and they are not filling as ordered.  why pre order with them?
when you spend $3,500 with someone you think you could get some costumer service!  Amazon Not!

canon rumors FORUM

5D III (body only) in stock at Norman.
« on: March 23, 2012, 11:50:33 AM »

etx

Re: 5D III (body only) in stock at Norman.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 12:33:49 PM »
I would have ordered from them for sure, they were great helping me on the phone. BUT, I live in Michigan and I don't want to pay $210 in state tax. :(

photoxication

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 01:11:34 PM »
Called Norman (in michigan) this morning and they had one.  Ordered and next day shipping via fed ex.  I will have it tomorrow. for the weekend!!!! :)    cancel amazon order. 

Amazon=Epic Fail

One of the first to order and they are not filling as ordered.  why pre order with them?
when you spend $3,500 with someone you think you could get some costumer service!  Amazon Not!

I JUST ordered from Norman and it will also be overnighted to my home for Saturday delivery TOMORROW!!!  Spread the word they still have inventory if your looking (both Kit and Body Only!!!)  THANKS CMI for the heads up!!!  Very friendly customer service rep.  Call the Kalamazoo Store & Warehouse to place the order.

magicc

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »
Thank you for the info ..... I ended up doing the same thing and cancelling the B&H order since I didn't make the first cut.

Total price with saturday next day delivery was $3599.00.

They ended up breaking apart a kit.   Nothing wrong with B&H though I know that they did everything that they could to fulfilled all the prders that they got as soon as possible.    I just didn't make the cut for the first shipment and I was impatient.     

BUT - I am a happy man now and can't wait for my camera to get here tomorrow.  ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

photoxication

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 01:32:36 PM »
FYI - The kit from Norman was 4,344.00 INCLUDING Saturday (FedEx Priority Overnight) delivery.  $4299 for the camera, $15 for adding saturday delivery + $30.00 for FedEx priority overnight.  Already received my tracking number from Norman Camera.  I love it.  Definitely will do business with them again.

bkdavill

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 01:44:21 PM »
guy from NormanCamera called me this morning, told me he can pull a kit apart! Ordered with Saturday Delivery from FedEx, probably wont be able to sleep tonight! Cancelled with Adorama & Cameta. 5DMK3 Finally!

Kinda disappointed that Adorama was not able to fulfill many orders yesterday.

Thanks Norman Camera!

bigfatdaddyo

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 02:03:39 PM »
Just called and got one from them too.  Told Amazon they failed.....

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 02:03:39 PM »

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 02:27:59 PM »
I am glad everyone has been heading to Norman Camera, Ive had mine from them for 2 days now. ;D
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

bkdavill

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »
Just called and got one from them too.  Told Amazon they failed.....

Glad you were able to get one as well. I didn't think it would be a race to get one since a lot of people were downing the MK3 and jumping ship to head to Nikon.....

I'm seeing some good things from the camera all over the web.

echojs

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 03:23:13 PM »
Norman can't pull apart any more kits but they're hoping to get more stock early next week.

EvilTed

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 04:11:45 PM »
I got my kit from Norman today.
They overnighted it for me even though I paid for 2-3 days because they didn't ship on Wednesday as promised - now that's what I call excellent service!!
Pat even emailed me today after he was notified by UPS that I'd received it.

Everything was very well packed compared to Adorma who seem to be becoming a bit like Amazon (throw it in a box with a couple of plastic air bags and hope for the best).

I'll definitely be shopping with them again  ;)

ET

Stephen Melvin

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 04:24:40 PM »
Got mine today. Packed inside another box with peanuts. Arrived in good condition. Overall, I'm pleased with Norman Camera.

And man, this camera seems like a major upgrade so far. The AF alone is just huge.

bkdavill

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »
Got notification that FedEx has picked up the package, man this wait is killer.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »

Vaz

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 06:52:42 PM »
It's getting late, Norman isn't shipping any more out today and I just cancelled my Amazon order. I need to find a west coast store I can order from that is still shipping.

bkdavill

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 07:29:16 PM »
It's getting late, Norman isn't shipping any more out today and I just cancelled my Amazon order. I need to find a west coast store I can order from that is still shipping.

Body or Kit?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 07:29:16 PM »