October 25, 2014, 09:33:37 AM

Author Topic: 5Diii pink picture problem  (Read 13609 times)

rickystern

Re: 5Diii pink picture problem
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 12:44:54 PM »
Quite the opposite problem, mine were all really, really blue.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 12:44:54 PM »

Canihaspicture

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 12:54:51 PM »
Quite the opposite problem, mine were all really, really blue.

I used to have the blue problem with the 5d Mk II when shooting raw, but every time it was fully recoverable on a PC  with proper raw conversion and fixing white balance.

I wish then op would try DPP... I dont have a mark III yet or access to DPP 3.11.10 to try it with his raw file

foobar

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 01:20:30 PM »
Had a similar issue with an old PowerShot A70 years ago and it was a hardware problem.

bakker

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 03:24:10 PM »
I also have a little problem, see attachment..

Didn't notice it on the LCD screen and it appeared when I zoomed in to a 100% in Adobe Bridge. After that it also appeared on the thumbnail in Bridge. I'm hoping this is just a PC / software issue and will be resolved with a new Camera Raw update?

Edit: No problems with the rest of the 500 shots I took. My CF card is only 4 GB and pretty old.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 03:29:42 PM by bakker »

tt

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »

Didn't notice it on the LCD screen and it appeared when I zoomed in to a 100% in Adobe Bridge. After that it also appeared on the thumbnail in Bridge. I'm hoping this is just a PC / software issue and will be resolved with a new Camera Raw update?

Edit: No problems with the rest of the 500 shots I took. My CF card is only 4 GB and pretty old.
That's pretty much how some of my photos looked like when trying to import into Aperture/Lightroom 4.
No issues with jpegs from the MkIII, and no issues with RAWs from a MkII already on the card.
Guess we await a few fixes, and both LR and Aperture, Bridge to handle MkIII files

thatcherk1

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 04:24:17 PM »
Good to know I'm not alone.  I've not returned mine yet.  I kinda wanna wait to see if a lot of others have the problem and it's a firmware problem, or universal problem.  I hate having to return things.

I was doing some tests and got it to mess up the image for me some of the time.  If I turn the camera on quickly and take a shot, or if it turns itself off on it's own and I wake it up with the shutter and take a shot really quick, I sometimes get that problem with pink images.  It's always been just the first shot, and it's only when I take a shot really quickly after turning on the camera, and even then it's only sometimes when I do that.  One time it gave me a weird "predator" (the movie) effect where everything looked posterized.  I use Transcend CF card and an eye-fi x2 pro card.  I can't remember for sure, but I think it still did it when I took the eye-fi card out and only shot raw to CF, but I'm not entirely sure.  There was a string of a few minutes where I could get it to do it every time.  Now I can't get it to do it.  If I recall, it might have been sitting in the sun and was warm when I got it to shoot the pink shot.  Again, not entirely sure though.

I'll keep testing.  Maybe you can look at your pink shots and see if they were the first shot when you turned the camera on.

Oh and to clarify, the problem showed up on the camera screen, and on the CF raw file, and the SD jpg file.  And it showed up in Lightroom4, and in DPP.

I have a feeling it's that the camera will sometimes release the shutter to take a picture before the processor is fully ready to process the image.

suburbia

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 04:52:20 PM »
must be a hardware / firmware issue, as I said before I saw the exact same symptoms when i copied all my picture files from an old drive to a disk array on a cheap new RAID controller (possibly hardware or driver related)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:54:50 PM by suburbia »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 04:52:20 PM »

bakker

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 05:20:48 PM »

That's pretty much how some of my photos looked like when trying to import into Aperture/Lightroom 4.
No issues with jpegs from the MkIII, and no issues with RAWs from a MkII already on the card.
Guess we await a few fixes, and both LR and Aperture, Bridge to handle MkIII files

Ok! Good to know. I'll shoot RAW + JPEG from now on until the software gets an update.

steins76

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 05:34:03 AM »
Did a few more test today and was able to replicate the error.  Please note that these were showing in the LCD screen/preview as is.  When downloaded to my PC, both the RAW and JPG files are showing these images as is as well.

The first 2 images were taken one after the other... both came our REALLY bad!!!

The 3rd image were taken in burst mode too but only the first one had that black line across the pic.

The 4th image were taken in burst mode too but only the first one had that black line with the pink effect.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:43:43 AM by steins76 »

davidpeter

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 07:16:54 AM »
Try with JPEG on both cards, but as far as I'm concerned, that's a camera error rather than post processing or card failure. (Same glitches on both card, both in Raw AND JPEG is much more than coincidence.)

There are just too many "issues" like this with the new 5D with picture quality and AF too. I hope Canon fixes them soon with a new firmware. Although I don't really understand, why the stuff wasn't tested properly, if they were sitting on them for so long.

Artstar

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »
There are just too many "issues" like this with the new 5D with picture quality and AF too. I hope Canon fixes them soon with a new firmware. Although I don't really understand, why the stuff wasn't tested properly, if they were sitting on them for so long.

This is exactly why I'm never an early adopter and prefer to leave a product in the market for a year or so before I decide to go shopping.

As an engineer, I can say that engineers are too close to their own product to find ways to break it. What the manufacturer should do is hand a bunch of them out to the average Joe so that they can give them a good workout and see how they fare in field testing. Problem with that though is, can you just hand them out to a bunch of average Joes and trust them with keeping it a secret when it's not due for release yet? I think not.

It's a catch 22. If you want to be an early adopter, be prepared to become an in-field tester by proxy.

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 03:36:30 AM »

This is exactly why I'm never an early adopter and prefer to leave a product in the market for a year or so before I decide to go shopping.

As an engineer, I can say that engineers are too close to their own product to find ways to break it. What the manufacturer should do is hand a bunch of them out to the average Joe so that they can give them a good workout and see how they fare in field testing. Problem with that though is, can you just hand them out to a bunch of average Joes and trust them with keeping it a secret when it's not due for release yet? I think not.

It's a catch 22. If you want to be an early adopter, be prepared to become an in-field tester by proxy.

And the hope is that this may be fixed by firmware. I can imagine as well some worse scenario.
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 03:38:24 AM »
Did a few more test today and was able to replicate the error.
(...)

How did you replicate it? In which exactly circumstaces does it occur?
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 03:38:24 AM »

steins76

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2012, 05:48:25 AM »
Hi marekjoz,

It doesnt always happen but I was able to replicate it by letting the camera power down on its own (ie auto off), once it is off, I point at a subject (a building) then quickly take a few shots.  Some days I can't replicate the error at all.

Anyway, I've submitted the photos to Canon and they have been on contact with me.  They think it's a faulty processor so either gonna get the camera fixed or get a replacement camera.

Cheers.

Did a few more test today and was able to replicate the error.
(...)

How did you replicate it? In which exactly circumstaces does it occur?

nikkito

• Canon 6D
  • Argentine freelance photographer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook photo page
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 06:09:06 AM »
Not a bad idea.

Maybe the camera was in instagram mode.  I'll have to check that.  Didn't know the 5D could do instagram effects in-camera.  What a great deal!

Instagram Mode. hahahahaha  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
www.nicolaszonvi.com - www.facebook.com/zonviphoto

1D X, 5D Mk III, 5D Mk II, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS, 85 f1.2, 40 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Sigma 10-20 and many other toy cameras.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 06:09:06 AM »