October 31, 2014, 12:21:02 PM

Author Topic: Anybody get 5dmk3 from abesofmaine?  (Read 1993 times)

dturano

Anybody get 5dmk3 from abesofmaine?
« on: March 24, 2012, 02:51:48 PM »
Earlier in the week they had stock, based on there site of the 5dmk3 kit, then changed both kit and body to in stock, 2-3 days out, any as of today back to pre order for body and 8-12 days for kit. 

I placed my order and watched it to from pending, processing, to sent to warehouse on thursday.  I sent a few emails and got no response, there live chat is never open for service, the sales section of live chat told me to send an email and when i asked about stock they said its a new item i need to be patient, but didn't give me an actual response to my questions.

Did anyone else order a 5dmk3 from abes and either get a tracking number or actual camera/camera kit?   I know it will most likely show up next week and Im just being to impatient, just bummed because i had off friday and would have loved three days of playing around with my new camera. 

canon rumors FORUM

Anybody get 5dmk3 from abesofmaine?
« on: March 24, 2012, 02:51:48 PM »

markphoto

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody get 5dmk3 from abesofmaine?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 03:26:15 PM »
I ordered a body only on March 9th.  Credit card was billed for full amount.  They left a voicemail asking for patience after I had asked why I was billed the full amount with no camera shipped.  My status is currently "sent to warehouse".
5d3 | 24 - 70L II | 24 -105L | 8-15L | 14L | 100L | 70-200L II | MP-E 65 | 40 Pancake

dturano

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 03:58:58 PM »
I thought it was a good sign they charged me the full amount Thursday I hopes it was days away from receiving the new camera.  I'm not going to hold my breath keep checking my order status page.

Aaron78

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 04:55:58 PM »
I have never encountered a problem with them, so if it is delayed, i would assume it is because their shipment of cameras may have been delayed. They are, however, very annoying when they call you the day they are processing your order..... When you get a big ticket item (L lens or camera body) and they try to sell you batteries, filters, and "just on sale" extended warranties. But all in all, they generally sell items for slightly lower than normal going prices, and usually have a coupon code to save $5-15.

dturano

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 03:52:41 PM »
Im still hopeful that Abes will come through this week, seems like most places are backed up on body only orders.  I see abes has the kit showing in stock again but still a few days out on Body.  I hope atleast they are shipping out as they come in.

They have never let me down in the past, they are a good place to order from, but what got to me was that i emailed them after the order was charged to get an update, no response.  I gave it until today and sent in another email asking to at least give me an advisement on when they think my order will go out.  Im always polite in my emails, I didnt even get the standard response, i.e. were working on it, hopefully soon.... nothing. 

I used to work for a gift catalog company, i dont think its a law of any kind, but we always had a policy and think it was set by credit card merchants, that we must ship orders 24-48hrs after billing a card.  Years ago your card was charged when you hit submit, now its merely captured, my card has been charged the full amount and its been a few business days.

Again, fingers crossed, good thing i didnt hold my breath.....

dturano

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 04:06:35 PM »
I finally got a response from abes.  They said its a pre order item and it will ship when canon sends them, advised me they "hope really soon" but did not provide any window of when they expect the shipment from canon.  I asked why they charged the order and marked it as "sent to warehouse" if they have no firm date on when canon will send them the item?  They said the order is at the warehouse all set to go - the box just needs to be filled with the camera when it arrives, again "from canon" making it sound like they did there part and thats why they charged the card and updated my order status. 

I'll give until thursday to see if there are any updates, if by thursday no updates Ill cancel and order the kit from another vendor. 

dturano

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »
Update  ;D got a email from ups that my package will be here tomorrow!

Thanks Abe's!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »

itsnotmeyouknow

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 06:55:36 PM »

Thanks Abe's!

Don't thank them too well - it's poor form not to only charge your card on despatch.   >:(

dturano

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
I agree, they shouldn't have charged the card until today when they shipped it, I still never received an emailed response to my three inquiries, i only was able to get a rep from choosing live chat - sales dept, the service dept was offline, which i think is routine.

I think they may have bumped me up the pre order list since i barked about bad practice charging a card and not shipping within a 24-48hr window, which my card issuer would not be happy to hear. 

markphoto

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 07:28:16 PM »

Thanks Abe's!

Don't thank them too well - it's poor form not to only charge your card on despatch.   >:(

Update:  I also got an email from UPS indicating the camera is due to be delivered this Wednesday.  While I'm happy that the camera is on its way, I'm not crazy about the fact that my credit card was billed two weeks ago when I ordered and not when the camera was shipped.  No real harm done, I guess, but this was the first time I bought from Abe's and will be a factor the next time I buy something.  I've bought from Adorama and B & H often and neither of them bill until the item is shipped. 

Food for thought!
5d3 | 24 - 70L II | 24 -105L | 8-15L | 14L | 100L | 70-200L II | MP-E 65 | 40 Pancake

dturano

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 07:30:38 PM »
I also am a little weary, i got a quantum view email from ups, but when you actually track it says package label printed only.  Again I may be jumping the gun will be really happy when the detail shows up on there site, abes may be stalling by printing the label to buy a day on the charged cards they ran...

Thanks Abe's!

Update:  I also got an email from UPS indicating the camera is due to be delivered this Wednesday.  While I'm happy that the camera is on its way, I'm not crazy about the fact that my credit card was billed two weeks ago when I ordered and not when the camera was shipped.  No real harm done, I guess, but this was the first time I bought from Abe's and will be a factor the next time I buy something.  I've bought from Adorama and B & H often and neither of them bill until the item is shipped. 

Food for thought!

dturano

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 07:14:56 PM »
Got my email from abes today, after receiving my 5dmk3 :)  They apologized for any delay, didn't mention charging early, thanked me for being a customer and hoped I would stay loyal and recommend them to others.

Happy to have the new camera, over all delays

chrysek

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 07:37:46 PM »
That sucks, I did preorder 1DX from them and they charged my CC for full amount too, got extended warranty with it and new speedlight :( so quite heafty charge. I should just cancel as I have one more month of waiting. :( anyone can recommend vendor with pre-sale on 1DX other than B&H or Adorama?

I also am a little weary, i got a quantum view email from ups, but when you actually track it says package label printed only.  Again I may be jumping the gun will be really happy when the detail shows up on there site, abes may be stalling by printing the label to buy a day on the charged cards they ran...

Thanks Abe's!

Food for thought!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 07:37:46 PM »

dturano

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 08:06:47 PM »
i would go with adorama or b&h to avoid being pre charged, i know many were charged ealry march for the pre order of the 5dmk3.

This seems to be an ongoing issue with them, i would cancel and ask for a full refund, its not like they are authorizing the charge but not actually tying up credit, i would call your credit card company and let them know as well.  They are collecting interest, while it may not seem like much, 3k plus on 5 customers gives them 15,000 in the bank collecting interest enabling them to buy and sell more.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 08:06:47 PM »