September 17, 2014, 11:40:17 AM

Author Topic: Curious about B&H & mkiii shipments  (Read 52635 times)

PhP

Re: Curious about B&H & mkiii shipments
« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2012, 06:11:04 AM »
hello,

I placed my ordre for the 5D3 on April 16. So far B&H is not in a position to advice me about the shipping date!!
So strange.

Is an other membre is the same waiting position...

PhP

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2012, 06:11:04 AM »

crash

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 08, 2012, 07:56:43 AM »
Is an other membre is the same waiting position...

PhP

Hi PhP,
I thing several of us still are.  I ordered mine in March and hope to get one from the next shipment.  B&H has been pretty clear that Canon doesn't tell them exactly how many units are coming in each shipment so they can't predict when any given order will ship.

If you shop around it seems like other retailers don't have as big a backlog - several here have canceled their B&H orders and already have the camera in hand. I'm sticking with B&H as I don't need the camera for any specific event and have great customer service from B&H when needed.

monzak

« Reply #227 on: May 08, 2012, 10:32:23 AM »
Glad ya took advantage as well! I should be getting mine this Friday, Just in time for Saturdays baptism and Sundays fashion shoot, so stoked ! :D
I should get mine on Friday, as well! Just in time for 5k run and newborn photosession! yay!

Awesome! Has yours shipped out today yet? Mine still in processing, they better ship it out today lol  ;D
Yes it says shipped and should be here by 10:30 am!!

AND those crazy people from J&R.....They first sent me email saying that my order is on the backorder so i decided not to cancel and wait for onecall to send me shipping confirmation first....so in the evening - i got TWO shippment notifications in a row - from one call and one from J&R!! My credit card had a heart attack, i think :))) Anyone needs a camera in MA?

J&R sent me a notice that mine is backordered and who knows they will ever get it in....

when did you order yours?

I ordered mine on April 17th from J&R and received it today ;)

When did it leave J&R stores ? Is this a new batch from canon delivered this week, or this is from last week ?

I believe it was shipped on May 2nd. (need to double check that)
so it's from last week's batch

Mokh24

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 08, 2012, 11:00:12 AM »
I'm sticking with B&H as I don't need the camera for any specific event and have great customer service from B&H when needed.

I am sticking with B&H just because they already charged my credit card back in april 3 (international customer)... I can't believe you can wait that long!!! Even if you don't have an upcoming event, playing with a 5d3 at home is perfect joy for me :s
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:01:49 AM by Mokh24 »

digitalz

« Reply #229 on: May 08, 2012, 11:05:28 AM »
Is there suppose to be weekly batches?  I can't seem to get any info from B&H

Mokh24

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 08, 2012, 11:10:26 AM »
Is there suppose to be weekly batches?  I can't seem to get any info from B&H

The last time i asked, B&H said they USUALLY receive weekly batches, with a big stress on usually :p

crash

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 08, 2012, 11:40:02 AM »
I'm sticking with B&H as I don't need the camera for any specific event and have great customer service from B&H when needed.

I am sticking with B&H just because they already charged my credit card back in april 3 (international customer)... I can't believe you can wait that long!!! Even if you don't have an upcoming event, playing with a 5d3 at home is perfect joy for me :s

Well - I was dying to have it in time for a wedding that just passed.  Had to shoot it with my 5D - that was very disappointing.  I hoped that once they resolved the light leak issue stock would flow and they did seem to cover a lot of backorders last week.  Either way, I don't think I could have changed vendor at that point so might as well stick where I am.  I plan to give it a good workout on vacation which is still a few weeks away.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #231 on: May 08, 2012, 11:40:02 AM »

PintPlease

« Reply #232 on: May 08, 2012, 11:45:22 AM »
Last Tuesday seemed to show a flurry of shipment activity, so hopefully today will give us the same.

GDub

• Rebel SL1
  • I R Photographer
    • View Profile
    • Gary Wium: photography & circumstance
« Reply #233 on: May 08, 2012, 07:49:47 PM »
I ordered mine from B&H on May 1st. I'm imagining I'll receive it before June 1st. Hopefully, I'm not being overly optimistic...
5DM3, EOS M, T2i & G11

Jamiep

« Reply #234 on: May 08, 2012, 07:56:50 PM »
Last Tuesday seemed to show a flurry of shipment activity, so hopefully today will give us the same.

Last week my local shop got a few bodies that were reserved/pre-ordered...no word on the kits yet. I had placed a pre-order for the kit...thinking that those would come in first :( ha.  Canon rep is coming in on Friday...hopefully we can get an update..

The wait is killing me!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:07:41 PM by Jamiep »

yulia

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile

Jamiep

« Reply #236 on: May 08, 2012, 10:34:38 PM »
Awesome! I just called and ordered! It will be here on Thursday!!!!!  :)

Serious_Paul

« Reply #237 on: May 08, 2012, 10:47:46 PM »
Awesome! I just called and ordered! It will be here on Thursday!!!!!  :)
http://www.onecall.com/product/Canon/EOS-5D-Mark-III-Body-Only/Digital-SLR/_/R-115394
says in stock

Good call! I ordered mine, too! I'm waiting for the actual shipping notice before I cancel my order from Amazon.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #237 on: May 08, 2012, 10:47:46 PM »

hardyboy

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 08, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »
One Call...I love you

westr70

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2012, 12:18:03 AM »
Just ordered one........... YEAH!!!
5DIII; 600D; 7D; 100-400mm, f4.5-5.6; EFS-18-135, f3.5-5.6; 100mm, f2.8 IS; 70-200mm, F4 L IS; 17-40mm, f4 L USM; Sigma 50 mm, f2.8.
http://500px.com/Westr70
http://www.facebook.com/JohnFosterPhotography

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2012, 12:18:03 AM »