April 25, 2014, 01:26:19 AM

Author Topic: Curious about B&H & mkiii shipments  (Read 48113 times)

canonuser

Re: Curious about B&H & mkiii shipments
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2012, 05:14:47 AM »
I did state in the first scenario that Cannon could be to blame. Funny that the person that started this thread, also to get to down to the bottom of things, called them "B*tches & Hos". I thought I did my best to express frustration but without name calling but no one started attacking him. Apologies if I offended anyone. Truly. I'm just trying to understand better what's going on just like everyone that's participating in this thread.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2012, 05:14:47 AM »

xthebillx

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2012, 09:23:29 AM »
WOAH!  >:(

This was never intended to be a bash B&H thread. I've used them exclusively (except on Saturdays and Holidays) since I was in school in the late 90's. Conveniently, there is no pro camera shop where I live, so I still make 100% of my purchases through them. They are a phenomenal operation (I do miss the flying green buckets, however).

Nevertheless, let's not move into a place that includes deriding, no matter how subtly or implied, anyone's faith.

Patience is what we need to exhibit. The demand for this body most certainly exceeds the production and supply chain, and we will all get ours in due time.

As an aside, I used "B*tches & Hos" in the colloquial. I grew up in New York, went to school in NYC, and they're commonly referred to as such in that neck of the woods. No harm intended.

Let's focus on the task at hand - discerning how large that first shipment was so we can ballpark the second one.

Thanks everyone!

xthebillx

« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2012, 09:26:57 AM »
I contacted B&H yesterday via chat. Monday could very well be the day!

FaZe5

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2012, 10:42:17 AM »
That is great news!  Bodes well for my 560xx order.

What people need to realize is that the whole forecast for them is very fluid.  Maybe they know how many are coming...but it is unknowable how many people that are in line to get one will cancel their order for body only and get a kit or go somewhere else.

And, thank you Henry for giving out the info you can.  One piece of advice for BH would be to disable your chat window if it is never going to work.  I've tried many times this week and it never works.  I have no idea how the OP got in.

JasonATL

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2012, 11:18:35 AM »
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. But, I contacted them last week (Friday, I believe). They told me then that my order (565xx) would ship in their next order to be received the following week (which would be this week). So, I think at least one of us didn't receive very reliable information.

I've been a loyal B&H customer for a long time and I defended them leading up to last Thursday. I still defend them, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm disappointed. They haven't been unfair or unprofessional. Rather, I'm disappointed that my loyalty didn't pay off because B&H didn't get as large an allocation of 5D3 bodies (relative to their pre-orders) as others -- meaning, I would have been better off ordering from someone else in this case. I'm also disappointed in Canon, as they have neglected their existing customer base by providing more kits than bodies to retailers (such as B&H), again relative to pre-orders.

GeorgieGirl

« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2012, 11:45:37 AM »
I agree. I have had great phone conversations with them on the phone in the past. Not only courteous, but friendly, patient, and knowledgeable. I do like them as a company and I am one of those loyal customers.

I'm not sure what "benefits" you speak of, but as an online loyal customer, I don't have access to them. I'm "just a number" and happen to be one of those that is being kept in the dark.

It's really too bad that we as a community have to do our own investigating to figure out who ordered what and when and how many shipments have gone out. They shouldn't have to make us work this hard for clarity on the situation. More transparency would be nice so people don't feel as though their patience is being taken advantage of.

The benefits I receive as a customer are consistently prompt shipments and consistentenly excellent advise. It also does not hurt that I live in NJ and get my stuff the following day.

I do not get perturbed working around thier Holiday Schedule, it is posted on their site, they have pop-ups well in advance to inform their customers and I bear their schedule mind with something I may be seeking.

They have to work around their own Holiday scehdule to and I'd take a guess and say this items distribution is probably causing them a fair amount of grief with crunch time and timelines closing in on them too. 

Slashp

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »
Hi,

I just ordered my the 5D Mark III with the kit lens yesterday 11pm PST and received an email this morning saying the order has been shipped already.

John
5D Mark III, 24-105L, 135L, 85 1.8, Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »

FaZe5

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »
Yes, they have been shipping the kits.  Many of them to folks who are throwing the lens on eBay.  I've already got the 24-105L, don't need another.  Seems like Canon either wants to sell lots of kits, or they did not accurately  forecast the demand for body only units.

dbherman

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2012, 02:38:29 PM »
anyone need a 24-105 so i can get the kit!! already have one, man i wish they had those bodies coming in faster!

FaZe5

I think the shipment arrived...
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2012, 02:46:01 PM »
 :) :) :) :)

B&H order Status 560xx - ITEM IN STOCK - ORDER SENT TO WAREHOUSE

xthebillx

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2012, 02:54:26 PM »
This just in!
Order 577xx in stock on the way to the warehouse!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:39:39 PM by xthebillx »

iMagic

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2012, 03:12:40 PM »
I'm 587 and still backordered  :(

AustinSchmitz

« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2012, 03:26:29 PM »
583 Body-ony order still backordered. Patient.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2012, 03:26:29 PM »

JasonATL

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2012, 03:26:38 PM »
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. But, I contacted them last week (Friday, I believe). They told me then that my order (565xx) would ship in their next order to be received the following week (which would be this week). So, I think at least one of us didn't receive very reliable information.

Okay, now I'll provide some sunshine.

My order status now shows "In stock, order sent to warehouse."   And my credit card has been charged. This is a change on both fronts from earlier today (not that I've been checking hourly or anything) ;D

Edit: I just checked and status is "Shipped." :)

I'm order 565xx.

It looks like I might have just made the cut. The good news is that this seems to confirm that the information I was given last week by B&H was accurate. Thus, I would tend to believe that the systems the customer service folks are looking at are fairly accurate.

Also, xthebillx, thanks for starting this thread. And, please check your messages. I PM'd you regarding editing your post above.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:35:50 PM by JasonATL »

AustinSchmitz

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2012, 04:04:47 PM »
Yea, guys, Im getting good news too. I just talked to a rep and was told my order would be fulfilled this week. I'm around order 583xx.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2012, 04:04:47 PM »