I am almost finished choosing my first DSLR. After two months of internet surfing/reviews, forum readings, my decision ranged from 550D+18-55 to 5Dm2+24-105 (although price was too steep for that one).
However I went to camera shop today, and played with all the cameras in question (that should be first thing someone does, after reading about what controls on camera do (I wish someone told me that before
). I found that 550d/600d was a bit too small, and not as comfortable to hold as 60D. Control wheel and top buttons were a huge deciding factor too(very convenient to use). Also, I can dismiss 5Dm2 for now, because firstly, it was out of my price range, and secondly it was a bit too big for me (I'm glad I can justify not getting it now
So I decided to get 60D. Now the question is regarding what lens and accessories to get.
1) Lens wise I will get 50 1.8 and I am leaning towards 15-85, but as a new DSLR user, will I be able to tell a difference between it and 400 pounds cheaper 18-55 IS ii? Is it worth getting 18-55 now, and later upgrading to 15-85 if I need to, or is it better to buy it in the first place and save those 70 pounds (good lens is always a good investment, right?
(Though about 24-105 too, but being my main lens, 24 would be not wide enough on crop).
2) As for the future, I will want to get cheap telezoom, which I would use rarely (IS 55-250 fits here well, but maybe you would recommend another one (range and price are the important factors here, because I would use it rarely anyway (if I get 15-85).
As for other accessories, could you recommend me:
3) Camera bag (are Lowerpro slingshots good (those on one shoulder)?)
4) SD card (what speed would ensure me that camera wouldn't struggle while recording 1080p video and shooting burst mode in RAW (I know buffer capacity is limiting factor here, but maybe faster card helps a bit?)
And what make do you recommend?
5) What protection filters to buy for lenses?
6) (a bit later) What tripod and head (~100 pounds if possible)?
7) Anything else I've missed what should be included in my camera bag?
Really appreciate your feedback and thank you for all the advice!