November 28, 2014, 01:19:55 AM

Author Topic: Deal on MK III  (Read 1123 times)

iTasneem

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Deal on MK III
« on: March 25, 2012, 05:10:57 AM »

BeachCamera posted a deal on Canon EOS 5D MK III with 24-105 Lens
It is about $270 saving.

What do you think.

canon rumors FORUM

Deal on MK III
« on: March 25, 2012, 05:10:57 AM »

Spooky

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: Deal on MK III
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 06:36:44 AM »
Not bad but look at the accessories - 5d2 grip (not Canon), non Canon battery and dubious filters...  :-\

Christian_Stella

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • My Out of Date Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 07:03:28 AM »
I was obsessively lurking in the forum here last week as I waited for any news on my Amazon preorder. Someone posted that Beach had kits in stock on the 21st in the middle of the frenzy of all the small camera stores getting them in.  I took a chance with them and ordered. Got a call 2 minutes later to reassure me that they had one put aside for me and would ship that day. I thought they called to try to upsell me accessories like this bundle but they did not say anything other than it was shipping.  It was the exact opposite of dealing with Amazon!  I got the camera the next morning.

While the grip in that package is probably a piece of junk. If you could use more memory, that same CF card is selling for $122 on Amazon, so the package is still a good deal with just that. An extra off-brand battery is only worth like $5, but it's not a bad thing to have (though I shoot with my real batteries first, since the off brands I have sometimes just die with no warning... But they still last hundreds of shots).

I also liked that Beach only charged $25 for FedEx Priority Overnight (morning). They also had a coupon on their real website for $25 off any purchase, so next morning shipping was free for me.

I'd say that if you are still in limbo with a preorder somewhere and don't need the extra memory, you should try calling Beach to see if they'll sell you the kit without the extras. I actually ended up calling them multiple times and they were very helpful. My bank had initially declined the transaction and then they sold out, so I was worried I had lost my place in the orders, but they had kept mine aside and I got it.

I realize I'm new and you can take me with a grain of salt cause I'm praising these guys so much, but if you go to christianstella dot com you'll see I'm just a food photographer who was impatient to get a 5d3 but paranoid about ordering with a small shop in Jersey or NY, cause B&H and Adorama are the ones I usually trust.

Update: For some reason I was thinking that bundle was $100 more than the kit alone... Just realized its the same price... Damn. That's great then. Of course it's a good deal. I want my 32gb CF card now!  Maybe I'll call them and be a douche, but I guess that's the price you pay for getting it day 1. Also i have that Canon camera bag and it's damn good for big shoots where you won't get mugged for having such an obvious bag.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:17:22 AM by Christian_Stella »

Christian_Stella

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • My Out of Date Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 07:08:17 AM »
Since those filters the bundle comes with are big at 77mm, they should make perfect coasters.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 07:08:17 AM »