April 16, 2014, 10:28:08 PM

Author Topic: Fuzzy 7D photo after upload to Flickr  (Read 1016 times)

BlueMixWhite

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
Fuzzy 7D photo after upload to Flickr
« on: March 25, 2012, 05:23:06 AM »
Hi, recently I got the 7D after giving up into getting the 5dmk3 due to price wise. Currently I'm shooting at full raw, as I not too sure how much the lower raw version will lose in details. Once download into my Mac, the photo looks great on full screen, but after edit and downsize to 2048 or 1024 size and upload to flickr, the photo looks abit fuzzy.

Here the link to my photostream.....http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluemixwhite/

Appreciate your input on how should I resize my photo and fit best on Flickr. Many thanks.

canon rumors FORUM

Fuzzy 7D photo after upload to Flickr
« on: March 25, 2012, 05:23:06 AM »

Z

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Fuzzy 7D photo after upload to Flickr
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 05:38:49 AM »
I can't say that they look fuzzy to me. What is your method for downsizing the photos?

BlueMixWhite

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 08:34:06 AM »
I can't say that they look fuzzy to me. What is your method for downsizing the photos?

Mostly using cs5, and resize image to 2048x1365.

AmbientLight

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 09:43:31 AM »
I don't know if this applies to you, but the effect you describe may be something like the following:

When viewing an original photo and a downsized version on a high resultion screen it is not unusual that the downsized version will look somewhat worse. This is an effect due to losing detailed information in the image, but it is only visible, if the image is presented larger than the target size of the downsized version.

You can verify this easily by using a size like 800x530 for an image and then you compare it on your viewer presenting the image to use screen estate equivalent to more pixels than the picture size. You will see that your viewer will render the image differently than the original, because the viewer will try to adapt your picture to the available screen estate, thus making it appear fuzzy. The downsized picture won't look fuzzy once viewer in smaller size.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 09:43:31 AM »