July 31, 2014, 05:04:13 AM

Author Topic: future video accessories from Canon?  (Read 2647 times)

kubelik

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • a teatray in the sky
future video accessories from Canon?
« on: January 13, 2011, 03:52:40 PM »
just saw this article over on DPReview: http://www.dpreview.com/news/1101/11011305sonyclmv55monitor.asp

and it got me thinking about what sort of video accessories canon might put out in the future.  although there's a huge aftermarket already for HDSLR equipment I bet people would be interested in getting OEM stuff from Canon.  if I shot more video I wouldn't mind seeing a monitor like this for the canons, especially if it came with a hood attachment to block out some light.  I'd definitely prefer that over buying a z-finder type apparatus that you have to stick on to your camera with glue.

what kind of video goodies would you like to see from Canon?  or, what kind of goodies would you like to see from any manufacturer that you feel isn't out on the market yet?

canon rumors FORUM

future video accessories from Canon?
« on: January 13, 2011, 03:52:40 PM »

zerozeronine

Remote control
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »
I wouldn't mind having something like that external monitor.

I'd also want a cableless remote shutter release with timer/repeat functions, that could also do focusing (to help with video and liveview focusing).

Kaz

CJRodgers

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: future video accessories from Canon?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 08:42:11 AM »
Id love a monitor like this especially if its a cheaper than the marshall stuff! The colour peaking function is awesome. I wonder if it would have a fake colour contrast detection thing as well to see if the exposure is spot on.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: future video accessories from Canon?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 08:42:11 AM »