November 22, 2017, 09:26:02 PM

Author Topic: New Old Rebel Information  (Read 15850 times)

Pag

• EOS Rebel SL2
Re: New Old Rebel Information
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 11:08:03 AM »
An evil camera that's shock-proof, water-proof (along with shock and water proof lenses), with integrated GPS and APS-C sized sensor would indeed kick ass. (Although I guess you'd need bigger lenses with an APS-C sensor instead of a micro 4/3... Win some, lose some)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 11:08:03 AM »

krizzi

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 05:29:44 PM »
The rumor about 550D successor looks like possible thing and BS at the same time. I cant imagine how it is possible to design something that would look significantly better than 550D but inferior to 60D (unless xxD series will be upgraded again soon- though I doubt that). Thats why camera having basically the same specifications as 550D looks realistic. But then why one should prefer it over 550D? My bet is that either we will see no 600D in the near future or it will have a set of new features altering ergonomics, controls (weight reduction, flippable screen, improvements to movie mode etc), maybe fancy accessories such as GPS, but no improvements to its image capture and processing capabilities.

DuLt

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 03:54:16 PM »
An evil camera that's shock-proof, water-proof (along with shock and water proof lenses), with integrated GPS and APS-C sized sensor would indeed kick ass. (Although I guess you'd need bigger lenses with an APS-C sensor instead of a micro 4/3... Win some, lose some)

Would it be good if canon made two prime lenses for an possible evil system:
- 35mm f2, quite biggie;
- 35mm f4 VERY compact.

What you people think?

UngerPhotography

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
Not a fan of EVIL. I like a viewfinder.

bvukich

• Spam Assassin
  • Administrator
  • EOS 5DS R
    • My (sparse) ZenFolio Site
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 04:34:40 PM »

Not a fan of EVIL.  I like fast and accurate AF.

UngerPhotography

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 04:46:55 PM »

Not a fan of EVIL.  I like fast and accurate AF.

That as well.

kubelik

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 04:47:41 PM »
not a fan of EVIL either, I like a camera that fits in my hands properly and balances large lenses.  5DII/7D is the smallest form factor that's comfortable for me

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 04:47:41 PM »

ronderick

• EOS 6D Mark II
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 08:51:15 PM »
600D I could understand... but another x000 series.... sheesh...

I guess it's going to be a little while before we say any light on
possible Canon EVIL...
Canon EOS 1D MKIV, EF 24-105mm F/4L, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L, TS-E 17mm F/4L, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
FujiFilm FinePix X100

archfotos

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 09:01:48 PM »

To me the problem with another Rebel/ most of the SLR lineup is that they are redundant of each other.  Why use a Rebel when there is the 5D.  the Rebel's usefulness is not that it is an SLR, it's true quality comes from being a small, cheap camera capable of creating great image files and cheap enough to abuse without having to eat all those Antacids.  To be honest if someone truly cares about using the viewfinder/accurate AF in a certain situation there are better options it the Canon lineup, right?! 

What's not in the Canon lineup is a truly rugged camera that produces quality image files. I'm sorry but there is NO way the G-12's sensor size does this. And you have to admit there is a hugh hole in the digital camera line up from all the brands.  And that is to replace the Nikonos, but to take it further and make it not only for underwater use but for times when you just don't want to abuse the 5D/7D cameras having it small enough to use in active situations.  UW Housings make photography impractical in a lot of informal situations.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:06:11 PM by archfotos »

UngerPhotography

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 09:37:54 PM »

To me the problem with another Rebel/ most of the SLR lineup is that they are redundant of each other.  Why use a Rebel when there is the 5D.  the Rebel's usefulness is not that it is an SLR, it's true quality comes from being a small, cheap camera capable of creating great image files and cheap enough to abuse without having to eat all those Antacids.  To be honest if someone truly cares about using the viewfinder/accurate AF in a certain situation there are better options it the Canon lineup, right?! 

What's not in the Canon lineup is a truly rugged camera that produces quality image files. I'm sorry but there is NO way the G-12's sensor size does this. And you have to admit there is a hugh hole in the digital camera line up from all the brands.  And that is to replace the Nikonos, but to take it further and make it not only for underwater use but for times when you just don't want to abuse the 5D/7D cameras having it small enough to use in active situations.  UW Housings make photography impractical in a lot of informal situations.

I have to really disagree on this. There is a huge difference between a Rebel and something like the G-12. Yes, the Rebel is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Canon's DSLR's, but that doesn't mean it is useless. I started on a Rebel, and because of that, was able to learn technique, purchase and use lenses that I could use for any Canon DSLR, and get some damn fine images.

The thing I really hate about the internet/message boards, is that everyone complains about everything. If Canon (any business including Nikon) puts out a new camera every year, people complain they aren't a big enough leap. If they wait too long, people complain they are doing squat and that they are going to switch boats.

I currently have a 5D MkII. I have no intention on buying the 5D MkIII, even if it is way better than the MkII. I paid good money for my MkII and see no reason to upgrade just yet. My 5D MkII will still take amazing photos. I do plan on going with a 1D when I upgrade, but that is beside the point. Why spend a lot of money on a camera only to replace it when the next version rolls around (1Ds users are the exception because it has been a while).

archfotos

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 11:12:12 PM »
There is a huge difference between a Rebel and something like the G-12. Yes, the Rebel is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Canon's DSLR's, but that doesn't mean it is useless...
I currently have a 5D MkII.

Hi Unger, I have no intention of posting to make another reader mad, nor do I have any intention to complain, my original posts on this thread were in my mind somewhat tongue and cheek (I'm not a great writer and understand if my humor doesn't travel across the internet).  I also understand that posting on any forum doesn't get models actually built,  it's all for fun.  :)

I could comment on your post but I only want to apologize if I ruffled your feathers
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:23:15 PM by archfotos »

davidonformosa

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
    • David's photos at flickr
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 03:09:29 AM »
I suspect the 1100D will have a small form factor as its unique selling point. It will be the smallest DSLR ever made by Canon. This was hinted at in a comment by a Canon executive in an article published by Reuters(?) a while ago (can't be bothered searching for the link).

I am curious about whether there will be any new lenses to complement this small camera. Perhaps a new extra-small kit lens or maybe a small prime lens such as a new 35mm f/2.

Thomas McConnell

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 04:36:43 AM »
Nice camera but many updates are available in the market now.

Thomas McConnell

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 04:36:43 AM »