August 01, 2014, 09:08:16 AM

Author Topic: Noob first Canon camera: 5DMk3, You can't use the RAW stills yet?  (Read 9262 times)

magus424

Re: Noob first Canon camera: 5DMk3, You can't use the RAW stills yet?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 06:51:03 PM »
Lightroom 4.1 RC is already available from labs.adobe.com and supports the mark 3.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 06:51:03 PM »

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 05:18:51 PM »
For the free upgrade see this link: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-policy-product-announcement.html

I bought Lightroom 3 when it was on sale 2/15/2012.  We will see if I qualify for the free upgrade.

Hmm...I don't have any products that qualify for Adobe upgrades....never owned anything by Adobe before.<P>
Well, to start with, guess I'll have to start with what I have on my mac (iMovie, iPhoto)....and the open source stuff I have on Linux.

Hmm...I have a friend of mine who's kids are starting college soon...maybe I'll get an educational discount purchase through them...
:)

Thanks for all the replies so far.....

cayenne   8)

SeanNY

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 06:54:24 PM »
I downloaded Camera Raw 6.7 and got it to work with my existing CS5 setup. 

I got one weird feature, which is that the Adobe Standard camera profile interpreted blown out areas of high ISO concert photos (stage was lit by a mix of LED lights but the blown out areas were mostly bright whitish, purple and blue) as a shocking super bright blue.  It looked like the blue used for the shadow clipping warning. 

Saving the photo as a JPEG preserved the blue effect, which was not present in the JPEGs of the same picture made by the camera itself (I shot with separate cards, RAW on one and JPEG on another).

Thus I guessed that it was a bug within the Adobe Standard profile, and I switched the profile to Camera Standard (or Faithful, Portrait or any other profile), which solved the problem.

Here's the photo that resulted.  The hair and blown out area on the singers right hand were the areas most affected.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edwinland/7035347965/#in/photostream/

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »
Lightroom 4.1 RC is already available from labs.adobe.com and supports the mark 3.

Works fine too.  Tried it this week-end and seem to work fine with mkIII files...
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 10:10:12 AM »

Works fine too.  Tried it this week-end and seem to work fine with mkIII files...

Is Lightroom a stand alone product, or is it an add-on for Adobe Photoshop? What is the difference between the two products?

Thanks,

C

rwmson

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Studios
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 01:10:04 PM »
Lightroom is a standalone product.  You can read all about it at www.adobe.com.

Is Lightroom a stand alone product, or is it an add-on for Adobe Photoshop? What is the difference between the two products?

Thanks,

C
Rebel T1i | G12 | 5D Mk III | Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM AF | Canon Telephoto EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Zoom Lens

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2012, 05:29:38 PM »
Lightroom is a standalone product.  You can read all about it at www.adobe.com.

I have read about it at Adobe...and honestly, I can't tell really what it does better or different that Photoshop??

Do you need both? Is LR just a subset of what Photoshop offers?

LOL...right now, I'm trying to see if I can borrow my friend's kids student ID so I can maybe use that to order the CS Production suite..and LR...and just get it all for a reasonable price and be done with research and just play with it all.

$1600 vs $449 sure makes it worth while to try to pursue that student discount route...

Thanks,

C

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2012, 05:29:38 PM »

DarkKnightNine

• EOS M2
  • The best camera is the one that's with you.
    • View Profile
    • Marven Payne Creative Visuals
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2012, 03:00:01 AM »
Apple just updated their Camera RAW today. Now supports native 5D Mark III files.
Canon 1DX, Canon 5D Mark III, EF 85mm F1.2L II USM, EF 100mm F2.8L IS USM Macro, EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM, EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM, 600EX-RT Speedlites, Profoto Studio Strobes, and a whole lot of boat load of light modifiers.

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2012, 10:41:01 AM »
Apple just updated their Camera RAW today. Now supports native 5D Mark III files.

SWEET!

I'm thinking now..to start with, I'm going to go with Apeture (only $80)...and with FCPX....since with update, it appears to do most everything needed, and Red Giant is soon to have their plugins ported....and it is only $300.

rporterfield

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 10:44:27 PM »
For the free upgrade see this link: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-policy-product-announcement.html

I bought Lightroom 3 when it was on sale 2/15/2012.  We will see if I qualify for the free upgrade.

Took a while, but I was approved for the free upgrade. :D
5D Mark III, 24-105

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 10:44:27 PM »