October 25, 2014, 12:29:21 PM

Author Topic: lightroom 4 5dmkIII raw now supported download the release candidate here  (Read 3835 times)

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr

canon rumors FORUM

itsnotmeyouknow

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
I've downloaded it (mac).  It works fine and is basically a DNG converter within LR4.  The images are converted from CR2 to DNG whereas my CR2 from my MK II stayed as CR2.  It does save a step though

XanuFoto

Cool. I am going to install it right now.

Waterdonkey

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
If Apple doesn't get their act together as far as Aperture 3 recognizing 5D III RAW files I might have to jump ship. Aperture 3 freezes on me a lot. So far Lr 4 is smooth, I just have some interface learning to do. :P

itsnotmeyouknow

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
I find that Aperture exports everything at a quarter of the original size on my machine.  Even when I have told it to do it at 100% so I don't use Aperture any more

EvilTed

The lens correction makes a BIG difference on all my raw images I've shot to date with the following lenses:

24-105 F/4
50 F/1.8
70-200 F/2.8

The biggest correction is with the 50 F/1.8 which has no lens correction profiles for in camera correction, but for the 24-105 and the 70-200, all the images get brighter and the histogram moves to the right.
This is weird because I'm not doing any exposure correction.
Anyone know what's causing this?

I've shot everything AV and auto ISO so far.

cheers

ET

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
I dont want to create raw files from my camera only to convert them to DNG so even though i downloaded it i prob wont use LR4 for my raws until i don't have to have DNG's.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

canon rumors FORUM

Vaz

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
I did a bunch of shooting with the 50 1.4 and after applying the lens correction in lightroom the images would get significantly brighter.

dswatson83

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
I did a bunch of shooting with the 50 1.4 and after applying the lens correction in lightroom the images would get significantly brighter.
Probably mostly around the edges. There is alot of lens vignette on those lenses. If you are coming from a cropped sensor camera, you probably never noticed much vignette because you were only using the center of the lens. With a full frame, the edges of your photos will be less sharp and have more lens vignette than before. 

Stephen Melvin

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
I've downloaded it (mac).  It works fine and is basically a DNG converter within LR4.  The images are converted from CR2 to DNG whereas my CR2 from my MK II stayed as CR2.  It does save a step though

What? That's ridiculous. What is it with Adobe and their DuNG, anyway? So in other words, LR 4.1 doesn't support the Mk III any better than LR 4.0. Or LR 3, for that matter.

Alker

What? That's ridiculous. What is it with Adobe and their DuNG, anyway? So in other words, LR 4.1 doesn't support the Mk III any better than LR 4.0. Or LR 3, for that matter.

Please tell me this is not true !!!!!

roumin

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
is basically a DNG converter within LR4

How do you know this?  I am not sure i follow.  I downloaded the windows version and it works just fine.

Alker

Yep works fine...
No idea why this rumor came up about DNG conversion.

Maybe this:

One of the import options is "Copy as DNG," but if you don't choose it, by default it seems to leave 5DIII CR2s as they were
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 12:58:59 PM by Alker »

canon rumors FORUM

Stephen Melvin

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Yep works fine...

Maybe this:

One of the import options is "Copy as DNG," but if you don't choose it, by default it seems to leave 5DIII CR2s as they were

Glad to see this. That did seem kind of bizarre...

snowweasel

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Blanchard Photography
Yep works fine...

Maybe this:

Agreed, I haven't played around with it much yet, but as far as the import went, it copied the files as it should, leaving them as CR2. Not that I particularly *mind* DNG, I just currently haven't been convinced that I should change to that from Canon's native CR2.

canon rumors FORUM