September 20, 2014, 06:11:43 AM

Author Topic: Adobe Lightroom 4.1 Release Candidate Available  (Read 5529 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Adobe Lightroom 4.1 Release Candidate Available
« on: March 29, 2012, 03:34:28 PM »
The 5D Mark III get support
Adobe has released Lightroom 4.1 release candidate and it now supports the Canon EOS 5D Mark III.

Other bug fixes were also addressed. Expect to see a final version of Lightroom 4.1 next week.

New Camera Support

• Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Fixed Issues

The following issues have been fixed in the Lightroom 4.1 release candidate:

• Lightroom 4 did not properly open external applications when using the “Edit In” functionality.
  • Point Curve adjustments made in Lightroom 3 have been restored.
  • Addressed performance issues in Lightroom 4, particularly when loading GPS track logs, using a secondary monitor, and the controls within the Develop module.
  • Ability to update DNG previews and metadata for more than 100 photos has been restored.
  • This update allows for improved viewing of subfolders and stacks in folders with a large number of photos.
  • It was possible that a layout of a saved book could be lost after quitting Lightroom 4.

Download Here

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Adobe Lightroom 4.1 Release Candidate Available
« on: March 29, 2012, 03:34:28 PM »

Alker

Re: Adobe Lightroom 4.1 Release Candidate Available
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »
Nice...

I do hope they fixed the performance issues, because LR4 on my system is very very slow.
LR 3.6 is very fast.

Thanks for the info

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 03:42:11 PM »
Yeah!  Thanks CR guy!  I cant wait to re-process my 5DmkIII pictures tonight!
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

AnselA

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 03:57:50 PM »
Thanks1

D_Rochat

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 04:05:51 PM »
I have neither yet  :'(

PhotoGib

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 04:08:20 PM »
I'm downloading it now. I've heard that the earlier version ran quite slowly compared with 3.6, which is what I currently use. Fingers crossed that some of the bugs I've read about are being worked out.  :)

RLPhoto

• Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 04:20:38 PM »
This is funny, I must be the only one here still rocking Windows XP Pro 32Bit.  :o

I use Lightroom 3 and I think Adobe isn't going to release an update to support the 5D3 in Lightroom 3. I might need Lightroom 4 if i do decide to buy a 5D3...

BTW, I've been Looking at windows 7 Pro 64bit. Is It any Good from first hand experience? XP has been solid for years with me.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 04:20:38 PM »

SomeGuyInNewJersey

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »
I wonder when it'll become official not an RC.
I will probably go ahead and download it though :)
Hopefully this wont add to the level of confusion if the RC is buggy for some reason!

EYEONE

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 04:45:23 PM »

BTW, I've been Looking at windows 7 Pro 64bit. Is It any Good from first hand experience? XP has been solid for years with me.

I never had an issue with Windows XP (same install for 6+ years). It worked perfectly. And I can say that Windows 7 is just as good plus a little extra. I'm very please with Windows 7 (2.5 years).
Canon 5D Mark III w/BG-E11, Canon 7D w/BG-E7: EF 24-70mm f.2.8L, EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, EF 40mm f2.8 Pancake STM, Speedlite 430EXII + 430EXI, Canon EOS 3

t.linn

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • You Must Have A Really Nice Camera
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 04:55:56 PM »
This is funny, I must be the only one here still rocking Windows XP Pro 32Bit.  :o

LOL!

I use Lightroom 3 and I think Adobe isn't going to release an update to support the 5D3 in Lightroom 3. I might need Lightroom 4 if i do decide to buy a 5D3...

You could download the free DNG converter (once it's updated) and convert your 5D3 files losslessly to DNG files.  LR3 will open DNG files just fine.  DNG files have other advantages too.  They tend to be a little smaller and there is no sidecar file to keep track of.  (Although the sidecar file can be an advantage when backing up because if a DNG is changed you have to back up the whole file again; if a tiny sidecar file is changed it's a MUCH faster process because you don't re-back up the original CR2.)

XP was a good operating system—the first really stable one for Windows, IMO.  Windows 7 is exponentially better in almost every respect.  Moving over from Windows XP, you'll probably think that MS moved some controls around to different places for no good reason and, if you're a power user, you'll probably think that MS simplified things to the detriment of users who know what they're doing.  But the few trade offs are totally worth it.  Just the ability to use more than 3GB of RAM is, by itself, reason enough to switch.

waving_odd

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 05:26:47 PM »
The 5D Mark III get support
Adobe has released Lightroom 4.1 release candidate and it now supports the Canon EOS 5D Mark III.

Adobe Camera Raw 6.7 Release Candidate (supports 5D3 and D800) is also available too:
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/cameraraw6-7/?tabID=details#tabTop

RLPhoto

• Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »

LOL!

You could download the free DNG converter (once it's updated) and convert your 5D3 files losslessly to DNG files.  LR3 will open DNG files just fine.  DNG files have other advantages too.  They tend to be a little smaller and there is no sidecar file to keep track of.  (Although the sidecar file can be an advantage when backing up because if a DNG is changed you have to back up the whole file again; if a tiny sidecar file is changed it's a MUCH faster process because you don't re-back up the original CR2.)

XP was a good operating system—the first really stable one for Windows, IMO.  Windows 7 is exponentially better in almost every respect.  Moving over from Windows XP, you'll probably think that MS moved some controls around to different places for no good reason and, if you're a power user, you'll probably think that MS simplified things to the detriment of users who know what they're doing.  But the few trade offs are totally worth it.  Just the ability to use more than 3GB of RAM is, by itself, reason enough to switch.

Thanks, I wanted to hear from fellow power users who moved from XP. At this point, I will Probably continue to use XP until It dies off for good, if Adobe has a DNG converter for the files. If adobe doesnt support a DNG converter for the 5d3, i will end up ordering those 16GB of ram and Windows 7 Pro for my system.

4GB is doing pretty good for me at the moment for any files i can throw at it currently.

nighstar

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 06:29:32 PM »
yay! finally a real reason to upgrade to 4.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 06:29:32 PM »

ozzymax

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 06:57:38 PM »
currently run XP and don't want to change it to 7 or higher. Wonder what my options are going to be now

jk10003

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 02:33:38 PM »
Does anyone have any idea where Lightroom 4.1 FR (For Real) is?  i just bought a 5D Mark III, and I am too cautious to install "LIGHTROOM RELEASE CANDIDATE 4.1" on top of my production catalog.  It apparently has been almost three weeks since the RC was released, but no finished software yet.  Ugh!!!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 02:33:38 PM »