April 19, 2014, 03:36:13 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-1D X Delayed Again? [CR2]  (Read 14753 times)

RunAndGun

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS-1D X Delayed Again? [CR2]
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2012, 11:38:43 AM »
"There is a some conditions to fulfill to become a CPS member. I think you need at least 2 5D or 1D bodies and 3+ L lenses... Also, you need to prove that photography is you main income job I think. So yes, Canon expect that you send a portfolio, etc."

Canon changed to a "points" system instead of a purely equipment based system, at least in the US.  Each piece carries a point value, so it's actually much easier to qualify than it used to be, although if you were a true working pro before, the minimum equipment required to qualify wasn't really that much.  At least in the US, there is no portfolio requirement, either, but it is intended for professional photographers.  It's not just for still photogs anymore, which is part of the reason they changed to a points based system, to include support for video as well.  The base level CPS membership(Silver) is free again(10 points), but the preferred treatment for the 1DX goes to Platinum members($500 annual fee/50 points).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2012, 11:38:43 AM »

chrysek

« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2012, 07:35:10 PM »
Looks like quite easy signup program. :) 3 options, free, $100 and $500 memberships. Got more than enough points for platinum :) cool. Well it does not change the fact that 1DX is still not out. :)

dolina

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2012, 09:50:50 PM »
June works for me.  ;D
Visit my Flickr, Facebook & 500px and see my photos. :)

chrysek

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2012, 07:15:35 AM »
:( now I am reading on the front page that it will be July??? So sucks, Euro Cup starts in June, I guess I wont be using that one to take some photos while I am there. :((((( any suggestion what else should or could I maybe rent or buy? I am heavy on canon lenses, so probably will go with 5d mark iii instead, although I was counting so much on the 1Dx to take with me. This sucks big time :((((

nightbreath

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • Свадебный фотограф в Днепропетровске
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2012, 07:47:24 AM »
Euro Cup starts in June...

Hi chrysek, if you plan visiting Ukraine be careful with your stuff. I live here and I know how many people are robbed on the streets.

Just don't show what you have with you to everyone (especially if you have long lenses or big cameras) and hold your bags in front of you (even if you have a bag on your back it can be easily cut in a crowdy place).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:50:01 AM by nightbreath »
Wedding photography. My personal website: http://luxuryphoto.com.ua

chrysek

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2012, 09:18:56 AM »
Euro Cup starts in June...

Hi chrysek, if you plan visiting Ukraine be careful with your stuff. I live here and I know how many people are robbed on the streets.

Just don't show what you have with you to everyone (especially if you have long lenses or big cameras) and hold your bags in front of you (even if you have a bag on your back it can be easily cut in a crowdy place).

I know, that holds to everywhere. :) I will be station primarly in Poland, but its possible will go to Ukraine too. It will be trip with other folks so hope its gona be safe.

JTSantos

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2012, 10:15:03 AM »
I wrote to Canon and this is their reply:
Dear Mr. Santos,

Thank you for your support to Canon.

We are very pleased that the our products suits your needs.
The EOS 1D X is scheduled to be launched at the end of April, please feel free to visit our website www.canon.com.hk for the latest updates.

Sincerely,
Club Canon

Your enquiry:
I was invited to try out the 5D MIII a month ago and am very happy to have purchased the camera. I am going on a Safari from May 8 - 19 this year. I have already advised my local dealer (Maxims in Macao) that I want to purchase the 1D X as soon as it come out so I can use it on safari.2 Questions:a) will you be inviting CC members as you did before to try out the camera beforehand.b) will the camera be out in time for me to purchase before I go on my trip.Please advise.Thank You.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2012, 10:15:03 AM »

nightbreath

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • Свадебный фотограф в Днепропетровске
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2012, 10:39:15 AM »
The EOS 1D X is scheduled to be launched at the end of April...

I don't think it means anything; support won't tell you much of what wasn't covered by earlier Canon's press releases.
Wedding photography. My personal website: http://luxuryphoto.com.ua

chrysek

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2012, 09:21:18 AM »
I dont understand this, in my opinion Canon will release 1D X in April. Look at this, why and how so many stores can take pre orders for that camera? Many charging full price for it when you do pre order. Canon is not officialy saying that it will not be released in April, they are dead silent. They will anounce some 1D with higher resolution and 4k video in few days? Maybe they did not want to ship 1dx before that anouncement so people could make some decisions to go with that one instead 1dx. You talking about prices of cameras that are quite high. Just a crazy thoughts that I had. But if canon will not ship it in April a lot of those stores who did take pre order will get a bit of a heat from their customers I think. Just my opinion on this.

chrysek

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
Also statements like that they are trying to solve some issue with external devices, maybe gps or wireless, thats a crap to delay the product release just for that. Another issue is with Olympics in London, sure huge event, but in June Euro soccer cup takes place, that is huge european sport event and sports camera such as 1dx is perfect for it. I dont think canon will blow it like that.

Again, just my opinion.

chrysek

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2012, 09:30:45 AM »
Look how many stores take orders for 1Dx. Its crazy :)

Chris Burch

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • CHRIS BURCH photography
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2012, 09:34:50 AM »
From dpreview website...official word from Canon about 1DX delays until June with the 24-70 f/2.8 II delayed until July..

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/04/12/Canon-EOS-1DX-coming-in-june

No mention of the exact source of this info, though.
Canon 1DX, 5D Mark III, 5D MarkII

chrysek

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2012, 10:10:44 AM »
Then it sucks big time :(

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2012, 10:10:44 AM »

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2012, 03:28:55 PM »
Yeah, and with our luck maybe the 1DC will out before the 1DX!!!!!

:-[
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2012, 03:28:55 PM »