October 22, 2014, 09:19:38 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-1D X Delayed Again? [CR2]  (Read 16717 times)

PhilDrinkwater

Re: Canon EOS-1D X Delayed Again? [CR2]
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2012, 02:25:44 PM »
Sucks big time but I'd rather they got it right. I do wonder whether this is a feature delay or a production delay due to the 5d3..? Hmm..

There are definitely a few things showing up with the 5d3 that they might want to sort, given that both cameras share a fair amount of parts. However I doubt they'll fix anything major eg f8. I could be wrong though- maybe they took a real beating?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2012, 02:25:44 PM »

chrysek

Canon EOS-1D X Delayed Again?
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »
oh that sucks bigh time :( I did pre order it from Abes of Maine, they charged my CC, I need to cancel my order and then I am reading on CR that it wont be in customers hands no earlier than June? that blows big time... :( I have Canon 5D Mark II, I wanted to move forward and get 1DX, I did not want to get 5D Mark III as it was not to happy with price jump as to compared what I was getting, yeah lots of improvements over my old camera... Anyway that seriously blows :(((( What should I do? Is there any place that I can get 1DX from that I can have it earlier than June? Any recommendations? I dont want to buy it from NY (B&H or Adorama)...

Arkarch

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Karl Buiter Photography
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »

Nobody remembers the delays if the product is the best.

But if there are issues - everyone will remember.

Best to get it right.

Of course, you presently cannot list a 5D Mark III body on the CPS profile. 
I'm damn close to qualifying for Platinum.

BTW, even at CPS Gold, the Service is awesome and fast - One day for an outer shell and mechanism fix for a 70-200 f/2,8 IS USM II.  And return FedEx included.  Well worth the membership just for that and the discount.

Platinum... ah...  ok, its a bit more pricey. 
Landscape ( http://www.buiterphotography.com )
Motorsports ( http://www.buitermotorsports.com )
5DIII, 7D, EF 300/2.8 II IS USM, ZE 21/2.8, ZE 50/2 ZE 100/2, TS-E 24/3.5, EF 70-200 f/2.8 IS USM II, EF 24-105 IS f/4, TC 1.4 III, TC 2.0 III

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2012, 03:13:33 PM »
Nooooooooooooooo!  Given I am not a CPS member and that B&H has already charged my card in full (international order) this mean I already paid for the camera and may not even get it before July! (after CPS!)

:-[ :-[ :-[
My god man. That amount of money paid in full in advance  :o

No kidding!  I feel like I am financing B&H!
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

pakosouthpark

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2012, 03:23:11 PM »
amazing how early this camera has been announced and yet not release.

the 5d mk iii was like a month after almost  :o

PhilDrinkwater

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2012, 03:46:24 PM »
amazing how early this camera has been announced and yet not release.

the 5d mk iii was like a month after almost  :o

Canon must have felt pressured to announce it to stop people choosing an alternative? I know they say it's in response to people asking to be kept informed, but if thats the case why did they not do it with the 5d3?

I can't think of any other reason?

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »
What’s common between the 1Dx and 5DIII look at shakedown issues being reported for the 5DIII. Looks to me like Canon have used an early release of the 5DIII to allow users to do testing for them and report back issues. They can’t afford to let down sports pros this year so I wouldn’t blame them for doing this hell Microsoft do it all the time. It will be ready before the Olympics.
Wish I could afford a5DIII right now would be happy to help them out  ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »

JaxPhotoBuff

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2012, 05:43:26 PM »
I am trying not to get too worked up about this particular rumor.  While I have pre-ordered one and am anxious to receive it, it does no good to worry about whether it "might" be delayed. First, there were a number of qualifiers in the rumor itself. The idea that it will be delayed until June is apparently being voiced by some folks, but not "announced" by Canon (at least not yet). 

I believe that Canon has every incentive to get the camera to its customers as soon as possible, but as others have said, not if that means releasing it with known problems. 

If it is delayed, I will be ticked, but will look forward to getting it when its ready for primetime.

PhilDrinkwater

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2012, 05:47:35 PM »

hhelmbold

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »
Same question as asked by another poster previously.... Anyone know how one is supposed to use their CPS membership to gain priority for an existing preorder?  Did you have to place the order through CPS? That seems unlikely.

Yes... I would also love to know. Nowhere do they ask for CPS membership when placing the pre-orders...

raptor3x

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2012, 05:56:10 PM »
This is suspiciously close to April 1st.
Bodies: 1Ds3,5D3,X-T1,A7 Lenses:  16-35L F4 IS, X 18-55 2.8-4, Σ 35 1.4 A, Σ 50 1.4 A, 24-70L II, 85 1.8, 100L IS, 135L,  70-200L F2.8 IS II

wockawocka

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2012, 06:10:47 PM »
I'm a Platinum CPS member and mine is secured, apparently.

To the point that I had to email my local Canon rep my order number and CPS details, who then phoned me back to confirm it.
1DX, 5D3 and Hasselblad H Series owner.

kaz

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2012, 06:38:21 PM »
I'm curious, wockawocka...

Did Canon figure out that you had ordered one at some store, or did you go through Canon when first ordering?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2012, 06:38:21 PM »

GL

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2012, 06:40:26 PM »
It seems clear to me that the only reason the camera was announced (and demonstrated) so early is because Canon was keenly aware of the D4. Had they waited until now to announce it they would have lost some big pro accounts to Nikon ahead of an important sports year. This way they get to keep the sales (limited as they are for 1-series bodies), because once you switch systems at the high end, it's hard to go back.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're tweaking improvements to the sensor, AF etc as well, given the quality of the D4. This camera has to be the industry leader in every way, or Canon is going to lose mindshare.

PhilDrinkwater

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2012, 06:48:56 PM »
It seems clear to me that the only reason the camera was announced (and demonstrated) so early is because Canon was keenly aware of the D4. Had they waited until now to announce it they would have lost some big pro accounts to Nikon ahead of an important sports year. This way they get to keep the sales (limited as they are for 1-series bodies), because once you switch systems at the high end, it's hard to go back.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're tweaking improvements to the sensor, AF etc as well, given the quality of the D4. This camera has to be the industry leader in every way, or Canon is going to lose mindshare.

Indeed. I think they have the overall formula correct but I doubt they'll beat Nikon for dr. They're just a good 2 stops behind there. Everything else is in reach though - raw high iso, mp, fps, focus accuracy (except f8), card slots, metering, screen and so on. Pretty much all except battery life :) Not sure if they'll be able to do much with the sensor at this stage though..

But they've got to actually bring it all together.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2012, 06:48:56 PM »