September 17, 2014, 07:57:40 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-1D X Delayed Again? [CR2]  (Read 16397 times)

gary samples

Re: Canon EOS-1D X Delayed Again? [CR2]
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 07:04:39 PM »
More delays we are never going to see it ! you guys that have pre-orders at B&H  I would cancel that would show them.

(and it would put me higher on the list !!!)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 07:04:39 PM »

Gcon

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 07:12:13 PM »
Is it just me, or is that pushing perilously close to the Summer Olympics?

Not just you - that's the first thing I thought of. Not much time for sports photogs to get them and test them with their lenses and get familiar with the gear.  Just 118 days to go: http://www.london2012.com/

Gcon

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2012, 07:14:37 PM »
Nooooooooooooooo!  Given I am not a CPS member and that B&H has already charged my card in full (international order) this mean I already paid for the camera and may not even get it before July! (after CPS!)

:-[ :-[ :-[

What the hell?! Those grubby b@stards! I use Digital Camera Warehouse and love them - they only ever charge my card on shipping.

Speed

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2012, 08:07:56 PM »
Anyone would think that Canon R&D had got hit by an Earthquake, followed by a GIANT tidal wave, followed by a nuclear disaster. Oh wait, they did....

They are clearly having a hard time, bless 'em.

This time last year I was giving money to the Japanese Red Cross, and now I'm cursing late cameras. What short memories we have...

Very good point.

FWIW I was at a Canon info night only a week ago & the rep had just returned from Japan,I believe, where she spoke with the Big Wigs over there & she was informed it would be delivered "Not before May the 15th".  That's a pretty noncommittal I know, but I'm still hoping for mid to late May though I'm happy for them to take their time & get it right before releasing it.

One other interesting thing the rep said was that Canon haven't released all the information about the final specs yet.  It sounded like they still have something special up their sleeves.  :)

wockawocka

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2012, 03:34:53 AM »
I'm curious, wockawocka...

Did Canon figure out that you had ordered one at some store, or did you go through Canon when first ordering?

Canon UK mailed it's CPS members with the places to order from along with the procedure involved after ordering.
1DX, 5D3 and Hasselblad H Series owner.

Wrathwilde

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Anarchy Photography
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2012, 07:12:36 PM »
Here's my overly optimistic wish - Since Canon likely tests many variations of sensor design... I'm hoping that they do have a bleeding edge CMOS sensor waiting in the wings... that wasn't originally chosen because of the higher production costs associated with it's manufacture. I'm hoping that Nikon's D4 and D800 has forced Canon switch to a bleeding edge sensor they originally deemed too expensive for current production.

That's my wish, however improbable. That said, it's probably just the f/8 autofocus.

donkom

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2012, 07:17:21 PM »
I have a 1D X on order, and as much as I want the camera here as soon as possible, I also understand that they are trying to produce the best possible camera they have ever created.

Perfection takes time, and I'd rather wait and have a perfect camera than have one today with noticeable flaws.... but of course the delay still upsets me :(

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2012, 07:17:21 PM »

clicstudio

• EOS M2
  • {+}
    • View Profile
    • clic::studio photography
This is BS!!!!
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2012, 09:39:24 PM »
Canon announced the 1DX months ago and then the stupid 5D III gets announced just a while ago and it's everywhere already!
What about real professionals that have been waiting for 2 years for a better camera...
Nikon has the D4 out already. Canon is always, always behind and I'm already pissed off...
B&H, took $6800 of my money already. I don't care is CPS members want it. I already preordered and paid for it. I better get it as soon as it is out!
Super pissed off!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Canon 1D X, Canon 24-70 F2.8L II,  Canon SpeedLite 600 EX-RT, 5x Paul C. Buff Einstein Flashes with Pocket Wizard PowerMC2's, Pocket Wizard Mini-TT1, Pocket Wizard AC3.

clicstudio

• EOS M2
  • {+}
    • View Profile
    • clic::studio photography
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2012, 09:44:03 PM »
I have a 1D X on order, and as much as I want the camera here as soon as possible, I also understand that they are trying to produce the best possible camera they have ever created.

Perfection takes time, and I'd rather wait and have a perfect camera than have one today with noticeable flaws.... but of course the delay still upsets me :(
They had 2 years to perfect the camera... THey always have time to produce cheap, consumer cameras... I understand consumers are probably 90% of their business but thousands of pros use 1D's...
Most business are focusing on consumers to sell quantity and not quality... I have been waiting for a new Apple Mac Pro for 2 years now. They release crappy iMacs and MacBooks almost every other month and forget about real power users... Canon is forgetting about pros as wel...
It's not fair...  >:(
Canon 1D X, Canon 24-70 F2.8L II,  Canon SpeedLite 600 EX-RT, 5x Paul C. Buff Einstein Flashes with Pocket Wizard PowerMC2's, Pocket Wizard Mini-TT1, Pocket Wizard AC3.

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2012, 06:57:32 AM »
The sales of the 1-series is not nearly as important as the consumers, that is true. However, what Canon makes in advertising by having their grey lenses everywhere is a HUGE heaps of money, so they better f@@king step ut and release the damn thing already.

The 1-series and the grey lenses are one of the big reasons why Canon is selling heap-loads of 550d's....
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

psolberg

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2012, 09:45:18 AM »
Here's my overly optimistic wish - Since Canon likely tests many variations of sensor design... I'm hoping that they do have a bleeding edge CMOS sensor waiting in the wings... that wasn't originally chosen because of the higher production costs associated with it's manufacture. I'm hoping that Nikon's D4 and D800 has forced Canon switch to a bleeding edge sensor they originally deemed too expensive for current production.

That's my wish, however improbable. That said, it's probably just the f/8 autofocus.

as you say optimistic. this late in the game, the hardware will not change. all the fabs and tooling has long been done and finalized. it is too late to make big changes much less start over with a different sensor that isn't proven and tested. this is likely just bug fixing in software and final testing related. this camera's specs are set in stone.

roofyroo

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2012, 12:02:56 PM »
Would it be worth ditching the 5D MKIII and waiting for the 1DX?

Got the new MKIII and have a ton of weddings before the rumored June 2012 release of the 1DX. I could send it back and stick with the MKII then get the 1DX or keep the MKIII. No way I'm in a position to purchase both, but ideally down the line I want to move to the 1D series.

What would you do?

Stephen Melvin

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2012, 01:02:45 PM »
Would it be worth ditching the 5D MKIII and waiting for the 1DX?

Got the new MKIII and have a ton of weddings before the rumored June 2012 release of the 1DX. I could send it back and stick with the MKII then get the 1DX or keep the MKIII. No way I'm in a position to purchase both, but ideally down the line I want to move to the 1D series.

What would you do?

Keep the Mk III. When the 1Dx comes out, you can buy it then. You'll need two bodies anyway, so you could just sell the Mk II or convert it to IR.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2012, 01:02:45 PM »

hhelmbold

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2012, 04:58:26 PM »
I'm curious, wockawocka...

Did Canon figure out that you had ordered one at some store, or did you go through Canon when first ordering?

Canon UK mailed it's CPS members with the places to order from along with the procedure involved after ordering.

Strange... as a CPS member I haven't heard a thing regarding how or where to order the 1D X. But I have contacted the seller from which I pre-ordered and they told me they haven't heard a thing regarding CPS and even if something should come over the wires regarding CPS, it won't affect my order as CPS will ship directly.

djw

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2012, 08:34:59 PM »
Delayed again! I first thought this was an April fools post-if it had included a 5d $500 price drop it would have been for sure.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2012, 08:34:59 PM »