September 16, 2014, 07:48:49 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-1D X Delayed Again? [CR2]  (Read 16384 times)

Danack

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS-1D X Delayed Again? [CR2]
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2012, 07:23:15 AM »
i bet they want to fix the f8 issue before releasing it.....

Same thinking here.

Being able to focus at f8 is not only a requirement for a lot of people using current Canon gear but it's a great differential between the 5D line and the 1D line, that will encourage people to pay the extra dollars for a 1D camera.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2012, 07:23:15 AM »

chrysek

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2012, 08:07:52 AM »
Nooooooooooooooo!  Given I am not a CPS member and that B&H has already charged my card in full (international order) this mean I already paid for the camera and may not even get it before July! (after CPS!)

:-[ :-[ :-[

What the hell?! Those grubby b@stards! I use Digital Camera Warehouse and love them - they only ever charge my card on shipping.

there is also Euro soccer cup too :)

it sucks because I used different store and I am local in US and they also charged me full price for it... I think I will cancel, I dont want my $7k be frozen for so long. I am affraid that credit cards have like 30 or 60 day dispute policy, what if the store charged me that full price and they will never ship the camera? I cant even dispute my charges other than legal battle agains the store, that realy sucks, I hope it will never happen but why take such risk?

chrysek

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2012, 08:19:32 AM »
Same question as asked by another poster previously.... Anyone know how one is supposed to use their CPS membership to gain priority for an existing preorder?  Did you have to place the order through CPS? That seems unlikely.

Ok, so I have different question, how one becomes CPS and then get in front of the line? Or maybe how do we all who order 1DX become CPS and get in front of the line? This sucks, seriously sucks... feels like old communism regime where pregnant and elderly people could get in front of the line to get freaking nothing that was there... :( We all are waiting for this sucker to came out, and we all in the same boat, and it drives me crazy that some CPS members can do that, so unfreaking fair... :(

Panurus

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2012, 08:36:21 AM »
i bet they want to fix the 200 .. 800 stabilisation issue before releasing it....

For the 5DIII, oups.. :o

I have the 5DIII and the EF800mm and I dream about a solution. :'(

Shnookums

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2012, 08:59:17 AM »
Same question as asked by another poster previously.... Anyone know how one is supposed to use their CPS membership to gain priority for an existing preorder?  Did you have to place the order through CPS? That seems unlikely.

Ok, so I have different question, how one becomes CPS and then get in front of the line? Or maybe how do we all who order 1DX become CPS and get in front of the line? This sucks, seriously sucks... feels like old communism regime where pregnant and elderly people could get in front of the line to get freaking nothing that was there... :( We all are waiting for this sucker to came out, and we all in the same boat, and it drives me crazy that some CPS members can do that, so unfreaking fair... :(

I'm not CPS, but Canon probably send emails to CPS member and ask them if they want the new 1Dx. If so, Canon can provide some for them before sending the rest to shops. I think it is fair... This way to pros get their camera sooner, which is good for them and also for Canon as they keep their pro base happy.

There is a some conditions to fulfill to become a CPS member. I think you need at least 2 5D or 1D bodies and 3+ L lenses... Also, you need to prove that photography is you main income job I think. So yes, Canon expect that you send a portfolio, etc.

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2012, 09:33:07 AM »
Nooooooooooooooo!  Given I am not a CPS member and that B&H has already charged my card in full (international order) this mean I already paid for the camera and may not even get it before July! (after CPS!)

:-[ :-[ :-[

What the hell?! Those grubby b@stards! I use Digital Camera Warehouse and love them - they only ever charge my card on shipping.

there is also Euro soccer cup too :)

it sucks because I used different store and I am local in US and they also charged me full price for it... I think I will cancel, I dont want my $7k be frozen for so long. I am affraid that credit cards have like 30 or 60 day dispute policy, what if the store charged me that full price and they will never ship the camera? I cant even dispute my charges other than legal battle agains the store, that realy sucks, I hope it will never happen but why take such risk?

Well l am going to make a few folks happy this morming as I cancelled my order at bh.  I just cant afford having the funds tied for a few months without the camera.  I will reorder when ever the unit is in stock whenever that is.  I just hope it will be in 2012!!!!!!!

:-[
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

chrysek

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2012, 09:36:12 AM »
One other interesting thing the rep said was that Canon haven't released all the information about the final specs yet.  It sounded like they still have something special up their sleeves.  :)

I don't think that they will change any specs, I think they are pretty much all set, their website had pretty detailed info. They might in my opinion make improvements and fixes but I think the majority of the specs will be solid as they advertise. Imaging what they could open themselves to if they post one thing and deliver something else? Look what's happening to Apple, they released ipad with 4g, where it can be only used in US and Canada, and they got problems aboard because of that, miss or false advertising. So I think what they posted surely will make it and wont change..

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2012, 09:36:12 AM »

chrysek

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2012, 09:48:12 AM »

Well l am going to make a few folks happy this morming as I cancelled my order at bh.  I just cant afford having the funds tied for a few months without the camera.  I will reorder when ever the unit is in stock whenever that is.  I just hope it will be in 2012!!!!!!!

:-[

I am thinking the same :( So the question for me is now should I try to go to 5D mark III instead maybe... :( But one thing for certain, if I get 5D makr iii I will not get 1DX :( oh well... Let canon have it with their pros :) I am not pro enough...

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2012, 09:50:15 AM »
I don't think that they will change any specs, I think they are pretty much all set, their website had pretty detailed info.

From the Canon USa website page on the 1D X: "† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice."  Granted, that statement is on every product page, but still, it means the reserve the right to alter what they want to alter.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

chrysek

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2012, 06:59:26 PM »
I don't think that they will change any specs, I think they are pretty much all set, their website had pretty detailed info.

From the Canon USa website page on the 1D X: "† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice."  Granted, that statement is on every product page, but still, it means the reserve the right to alter what they want to alter.

Look I am still waiting for my 1D X so all that they can fit in, all the features better for me, I just do not think that they can do it, just probably improvements and adjustments at most, plus fixes would take priority... again, my opinion... :)

Sycotek

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2012, 07:33:50 PM »
Spoke with my Canon Pro dealer - so far just seems to be a April fools joke - the 24-70 II however is confirmed to be delayed till after July

Danielle

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2012, 07:53:26 PM »
The 1dx will be sure to be at least the pro's hands taking them to the olympics this year.

And if its only them who've got them, you can be sure you won't be far away from then.

Speed

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2012, 08:16:10 PM »

Sorry, I should have said details, not specs.  In my mind when the rep said it I imagined she meant something like excellent dynamic range or something similar that they haven't really said much about yet. 

Personally I don't think they can fix the F8 situation, not that that affects me at all & if it increases the accuracy at other apertures then I'm glad they decided against trying to include it.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2012, 08:16:10 PM »

tbrand

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • Tristan Brand
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2012, 09:52:43 PM »
Last week I applied for my CPS membership in Canada, the $100 Gold membership.

My question is Can I order new equipment form CPS? I assume there are no discounts on new equipment, are there? (I did research but could not find anything other than the 20% savings on repairs and the welcome kit that also include 2 free check and clean)

So if true how does one get to the front of the line with a CPS membership? Notify your retailer like B&H?

Curious to know if I can order directly from CPS and how?

Thanks
John

You can't order directly from CPS. You have to contact your Canon authorized retailer (eg. In Canada: Henry's, The Camera Store etc.) and provide your CPS number. It is up to the retailers to maintain that list. Canon hands retailers orders about how they handle CPS members.

Generally your CPS membership number will get you priority as well as a rebate of some kind on most pro gear (L lenses, 1D bodies, etc.). Usually the retailer has to check in with Canon about how much the CPS rebate is.

Oh, and I'm talking about here in Canada, btw.

DzPhotography

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »

In EU you need to register a combination of at least 2 eligible bodies and 3 lenses on the cps website. Depending which types you register, you get silver, gold or platinum membership
EOS 550D | EOS 7D | EOS 6D | EOS 1Dx | EF-S 15-85 | EF 28f2.8 | EF 30f2.0 | EF 40f2.8 | EF 50f1.8II | EF 16-35f2.8L MkII | EF 24-105 f4L | EF 24-70f2.8L | EF 70-200f2.8L MkII | Sigma 10f2.8 Fisheye | Sigma 50f1.4 | Tamron 17-50f2.8VC | Tokina 11-16f2.8 | 430EXII | 580EXII

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »