October 25, 2014, 03:07:28 AM

Author Topic: Is 5DIII softer than 5DII?  (Read 14361 times)

Louis

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Is 5DIII softer than 5DII?
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2012, 06:31:54 PM »
I have to be honest, reading all these posts, I am so disappointed with Canon, it feels that the 5D mark 3 was a complete rush job, no way has that camera been developed over 4 years, I have been on this website/forum for the last 8 months waiting for news of this camera, and I am shocked at the quality of the images, mainly at how soft they were, I was super happy with the AF, and that's all I wanted, but not to be softer than the mark2, I dont know if this is peoples models or it can be fixed, but I am in no way buying this camera untill I see a fix,

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2012, 06:31:54 PM »

Louis

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 06:33:52 PM »
Yes I like that...

In all the years me and a lot of other photographers were able to make TOP quality images with Canon equipment.

I have had it will all the complains about Canon.
Sell everything and buy another brand and see what happens then.

I really am thinking the same,

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 06:34:27 PM »
And further back , the 1d mkIII with it's incredibly usless AF-system.

I've got a late model 1Dmk3 and its AF is great never had a problem with it or are you refering to the debacle of the new release models?

I just listed it as one of the big misses Canon has done. And the 1d3 is the reason why Nikon have the amount of users they have in the pro market today. They did something great with the D3 and Canon screwed up. They said so themselves along with people like me who used them, so it's not a secret exactly...

Ever since then, buying a Canon camera doesn't give me the same faith in it as it used to do from the 350d and up. I used to know it was the best in it's class, and they worked. Now I get a feeling, ooo, should I get one or not, maybe it sucks.. When you pay 7000 dollars or whatever, that's not good. And this is, again, not just me, but a general opinion around.

Again, I'm not saying you can't shot a award-winning image with a 1d3, I'm saying it was never the camera I paid for and Canon said it would be.... It's the feel of being ripped off that bugs me.
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2012, 06:44:18 PM »
The reason I don't "sell it all and buy another brand" is simply because when the Canon-gear does what it's suppose to, nothing comes even close. That's why I'm upset, because it (5d3) has the potential of being a truly remarkable camera that will live up to the legendary statur of the 5d and 5d2, I'm just not seeing that now with all the issues.

How would you feel if you bought a sweet Ferrari and it went pretty good, but the old one was faster and sharper around the cornes, does it help that a bunch of people on a forum said, Yeah they will fix it, we hope.... Neh.. It should work when you turn the key and go like nuts, why? Cuz that's why you paid 200.000 dollars and it says FERRARI on it......

Louis

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2012, 06:47:40 PM »
The reason I don't "sell it all and buy another brand" is simply because when the Canon-gear does what it's suppose to, nothing comes even close. That's why I'm upset, because it (5d3) has the potential of being a truly remarkable camera that will live up to the legendary statur of the 5d and 5d2, I'm just not seeing that now with all the issues.

How would you feel if you bought a sweet Ferrari and it went pretty good, but the old one was faster and sharper around the cornes, does it help that a bunch of people on a forum said, Yeah they will fix it, we hope.... Neh.. It should work when you turn the key and go like nuts, why? Cuz that's why you paid 200.000 dollars and it says FERRARI on it......

Viggo I completely agree,

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2012, 06:56:29 PM »
Ånd Canon is further proving my point...

The 24-70  II will not.meet the 17th of April deadline stated by Canon.

awinphoto

• View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »
I did my test with the newest version of DDP. DLO doesn't affect the sharpness result.

That's your problem right there. Everyone knows dpp is buggy. Using dpp and critiquing photos. Based off it is like filling your sports car with Mexican gas and wonder why it spurts. You can switch dpp to faster processing, it does a better job than high quality which can give you better results but I think your being premature sending ur camera back until canon fixes dpp.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 07:04:36 PM by awinphoto »
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, Canon 85 1.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2012, 07:06:17 PM »
From the week I have had with the 5Dmk3 I can safely say I feel the sensor is fantastic. At narrow apertures and shooting with strobes the images are razor sharp.

open up that aperture and shoot ambient light on my copy and it all goes to hell. My copy definately has a nutty AF, i am glad many others are reporting joy with theirs so I'll see if I can get another copy and give it a whirl.

I'd rather have the 5Dmk2 AF over the AF on my copy of the 5Dmk3 (at least I can rely on the center point of on that camer!)

I'm a bit disapointed, taking it back today I hope I can get a replacement within a week sinc ei'm going overseas and would like to use the mk3
APS-H Fanboy

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2012, 08:57:13 PM »
From the week I have had with the 5Dmk3 I can safely say I feel the sensor is fantastic. At narrow apertures and shooting with strobes the images are razor sharp.

open up that aperture and shoot ambient light on my copy and it all goes to hell. My copy definately has a nutty AF, i am glad many others are reporting joy with theirs so I'll see if I can get another copy and give it a whirl.

I'd rather have the 5Dmk2 AF over the AF on my copy of the 5Dmk3 (at least I can rely on the center point of on that camer!)

I'm a bit disapointed, taking it back today I hope I can get a replacement within a week sinc ei'm going overseas and would like to use the mk3

What the hell is going on? I don't own 5d3 so I can't discuss these issues but what? Reading some beginners' impressions I hoped they are wrong. But Wombat has the same? 1dx so late (it will be half a year from announcement in several days) and all those issues with 5d3? What's wrong with Canon?
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

MeHoo

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2012, 09:35:25 PM »
I generally have no interest in these pissing matches... But I love my new camera.

I just let the images speak for themselves.  I wasn't shooting a Mark II before, but I was shooting a 7D.. a damn fine camera IMO, and this Mark III is an excellent addition to my camera kit.  Is it sharp?  I'm not claiming to be the best photographer ever, but have a look at the full res of these and see if you think it's sharp.  And keep in mind that's the DO 400mm lens which isn't the sharpest in comparison to the other 400mm.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oohem/6891027328/#in/photostream/lightbox/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oohem/6891027424/#in/photostream/lightbox/

They do the job for me.  I have always followed the same rules with buying things.. if it doesn't make you happy, return or sell it.  Looking for people to make up your mind for you, or convince you either way isn't really the best approach IMO.  Grab the camera, go shoot, and either return it or keep it.  Buyers remorse can be a real bitch on a $4k camera, car, house, boat, etc... You are the only one who needs to be happy at the end of the day.

rlarsen

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2012, 02:24:32 AM »
Most of the fear and dread, and complaints are from people who don't have the camera.
The rest of us are busy shooting pictures.

Check out the Nikon forums and you'll find the same complaints.

By the way, the camera features a micro adjustment so you can match your lenses to the body for critical sharpness. Most people won't need to do it. If you actually have the camera, know what you are doing, and have a real problem, reputable dealers will take care of it.

Alker

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2012, 03:03:42 AM »
@viggo

Complain and complain.

Be a man and switch to a another brand and leave Canonrumors.
If nothing is good about Canon, well simple make the switch.

You are an adult so make the correct choice instead of topic after topic complaining about Canon.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:07:00 AM by Alker »

Alker

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2012, 03:05:55 AM »
Ånd Canon is further proving my point...

The 24-70  II will not.meet the 17th of April deadline stated by Canon.

What the hell is your point ??????
Don't like Canon ?
Don't buy Canon !

Whining is not going to help you. Is it ???

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2012, 03:05:55 AM »

Alker

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2012, 03:11:59 AM »

I hope the replacement will be good.
Please keep us posted.

Using my 5D mark iii with wildlife, I can only say that the AF works very very good.

Axilrod

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »
In short, NO
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »