Image & Video Galleries > Black & White

B&W time exposure

(1/1)

firephasers:
A while ago I saw a B&W time exposure shot that was done by a friend of mine, I thought it was a cool technique.  These are a couple of my first attempts, taken in Calgary.  Does anyone else use the technique?  I would be interested in seeing any of your examples.

Daniel Flather:
Nice.  The Bow river will freeze over? 

firephasers:

--- Quote from: Daniel Flather on April 17, 2012, 05:26:45 PM ---Nice.  The Bow river will freeze over?

--- End quote ---

It usually does.  It's nice to see all the ice going now that spring is here  :D

revup67:
Both shots are truly well done.  Just curious if you are shooting RAW or JPG or both?  Reason is that I am interested to know if shot JPG within the camera as a B&W image or are you applying monochrome to a RAW image?  Your application for a B&W time exposure was well thought out also.

firephasers:
Thanks for the comment!  It was a first attempt for me, I've never really done any time exposures since the days that I shot film so this was  a sort of first for me.  I did these in RAW format and did the final touches with Silver Efex Pro.  It was fun to see the results.

--- Quote from: revup67 on May 07, 2012, 04:32:14 PM ---Both shots are truly well done.  Just curious if you are shooting RAW or JPG or both?  Reason is that I am interested to know if shot JPG within the camera as a B&W image or are you applying monochrome to a RAW image?  Your application for a B&W time exposure was well thought out also.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version