October 24, 2014, 03:05:55 PM

Author Topic: Canon 5D Mark III and what firmware updates you hope to see come thru  (Read 8620 times)

prestonpalmer

Re: Canon 5D Mark III and what firmware updates you hope to see come thru
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 09:08:26 PM »
I hope they fix the espresso maker.  Having a reliable source of caffeen in the morning is essential for us professional photographers.  My 5DIII is not very good at making espresso with the current firmware.  Hope they fix it!!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 09:08:26 PM »

Chris Geiger

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 10:17:21 PM »
I would like to see the Auto iso feature repaired when the flash is on. It works great until you turn on the flash, then it defaults to 400 or 1600, even if this will results in a long exposure (it can be several seconds long). I like just a hit of bounced in flash at times.

I would like to see options for programming other features into the buttons on the left side of the body. I have no need for any of the buttons on the left now that I have view and zoom in the center of the control wheel.

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 04:29:01 AM »
I hope they fix the espresso maker.  Having a reliable source of caffeen in the morning is essential for us professional photographers.  My 5DIII is not very good at making espresso with the current firmware.  Hope they fix it!!

:-) did you know you can write custom lua scripts with the latest magic lantern firmware addon (atm only for up to 60d/7d2)? You could at least write a timer script that reminds you of drinking coffee every now and then, or draw a little coffee machine on your display.

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 11:22:54 AM »
 Has anyone contacted Canon, i did and it was a pretty basic response but theres a bunch of photographers on another forum who were very pro-active about contacting Canon. The word is getting out they just need to hear us.  :)
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

Z

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 12:10:38 PM »
Have you even put coffee in it? I thought the manual made it quite clear, but just for your benefit:

1) Make sure the lens is not mounted
2) Pour ground coffee into mirror assembly
3) Mount most expensive lens
4) Add water to battery compartment
5) Press 'SET'

Voila. This is not a firmware issue, please read more carefully in future.

willhuff.net

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »
Is there any way to set the default zoom when reviewing images and zooming in? I'd like for it to start so that the whole image is displayed, then I have to force it to zoom in. Currently it starts at a zoom level that only displays about 60% of the image.

Tcapp

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
    • Timothy Capp Photography
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »
Is there any way to set the default zoom when reviewing images and zooming in? I'd like for it to start so that the whole image is displayed, then I have to force it to zoom in. Currently it starts at a zoom level that only displays about 60% of the image.

Push the play button instead of the zoom button?
5DIII, 5DII, 7D, 50 1.4, 85 1.4, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 70-200 2.8 IS L II, 2x TC III, 15 Fisheye 2.8, 100 Macro 2.8, 24 1.4 L
http://www.TimothyCapp.com
Follow me on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Timothy-Capp-Photography/94664798952

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »

Daniel Flather

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 02:31:21 PM »

Yes, it's in the menu.  I have mine set at 4x (default is 2x).  I don't have my camera with me atm, but it know you can set it in the menu.

| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100/2.8 | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

Daniel Flather

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 02:51:26 PM »

Yes, it's in the menu.  I have mine set at 4x (default is 2x).  I don't have my camera with me atm, but it know you can set it in the menu.

Go to page 252 of the manual, or, under the playback 3 menu you can set the starting magnification and initial position for the magnified view.
| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100/2.8 | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

Daniel Flather

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »
add a 2x2 block sampled 1.6x crop mode to video, true 1920x1080 and better reach than the FF mode

lessen in-cam NR, off is off, 100%, at all ISOs, low is 100% luma NR off and only chroma NR, standard is full chroma NR but light luma that preserves details without blotching, High is like the current standard. Make sure video supports detail over NR.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:00:10 PM by LetTheRightLensIn »

JRS

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Canon 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 05:06:31 PM »
Have you even put coffee in it? I thought the manual made it quite clear, but just for your benefit:

5) Press 'SET'

Work like a charm!

Canon 5D3 | 24-105L | 17-40L | 70-300L | 135L | TS-E 24L II | 50 1.4 | 15 2.8 Fisheye | 270EXII | 600EX-RT (x2) | ST-E3-RT

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 06:44:25 PM »

5) Press 'SET'

Work like a charm!

Whats the name of that drink? :)
A Canonchino?
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 06:44:25 PM »

CanineCandidsByL

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2012, 07:19:12 PM »
Total control over button assignments. Require one button be set to menu so you can't lock yourself out of changes, and make the joystick work the same as now when the menu is selected.   When menu isn't selected, allow joystick to act as additional buttons or changes (ISO up/down). Same with touch dial, which you should be allowed to use even out of video mode if desired.

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 07:26:15 PM »
i'd really like to have the ability to assign any other function to the rate button such as enable / disable bracketing ie hold the rate button down and scroll the wheel and it automatically dials in the brackets as the 1D have done since the dawn of digital
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 07:26:15 PM »